Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Many Paths to Gothdom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luna_Winter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:11 pm
It was a bunch of crap that happened to me when I was 12/13 that got me into the goth culture. heh. I do remember liking gross things and weird things as a kid, just normal kid stuff though. I know that when all of that "crap" happened, I felt really bad and started listening to darker music, dressing darker and such. After the "crap" was over with, it just stuck. I don't go through as much "crap" anymore, but I still just love the style.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:36 pm
i say it would be my past  

dagnort

Mrs. Pink Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:39 pm
Music leads me places. Goth = music.
I don't conform myself to live and think a certian way because of I am goth.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:38 am
Ever since I started school people didnt really get on with me, I spent a long time trying to realise why, and then it hit me that i was an a*****e and that even if i tried my hardest the general population would still call me 'weird'.

So eventually I just became my own person, and no longer gave a s**t what anyone thought of me.
I'm a freak, and proud to be one.  

2on

RedDwarffer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:19 pm
well I had alot of bad things happen to me and I felt that black could make me disapear... and then I got into the music and started listening to it full plast in my room.. then my mom took my door away so then I got into the dark night partys and then it was done people thought I was goth and its been that way for about 5 or 6 years... wooty woot but I love the histry behind it... so ya...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:22 pm
themagikat
its a shame but in public one can only be "gothic" if they look it. I live in texas and for me, oddly, 85 degrees or higher is waaaay too hot for me, so rarely do i wear all black, especially the baggy black or chains/heavy stuff. (besides, parents = crap and wont let me be myself)

I still consider myself gothic though, as do my friends, and its not really even how i act that "sets me apart". Its my opinions and motives behind actions I take. Its the life on the "darker" side that gets it going. It's the joy once night falls, or the depression, or something. Its just like jocks and sports junkies have that joy at the games or shouting cheers.

long story short: its the hidden emotions and motives behind all the actions that you do that deturmine if youa re gothic or not.
i agree with this motive behind the thinking of a "goth kid" stereo type....it's a way of thought that sets you apart....i've been dark since as far back as i can remember....i wrote poetry, dark art....pretty much everything...although i didn't start looking it till about my sophomore year, and i am currantly a junior...and as of the past year i find the music even more appealing...so again...a train of thought... 3nodding  

Gothic_Anarchy32

Gothic_Anarchy32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:29 pm
one problem i have had on this path of mine is being one of the only goths at my schools....in my highschool career i've had two schools..

fresh-soph (norm school)

junior (continuation)

senior(back to normschool)

and a problem i have is finding a group to call my own.... i mean i have a best friend, but she's into the rap type sceen...and well...i don't have a group of goths to call my own....at either school...so i'm a loner with friends...or a friendly loner....either or...but still...i'd like to have my own south park type group....lol rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:35 pm
you all know?...i'm like every one of these past posts...and most like any of the future ones to come.....every reason suits me to be who i am...and why i have become WHO i am....thanks all....i see things clearer than i last did... razz  

Gothic_Anarchy32

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:21 am
*breaths a bit of life into an old topic*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:08 am
Personally, I've never worn "Goth" clothes because I always felt that they were ugly or unflattering regardless of who wore them.
However, I was always a fan of "Goth" music. I was listening to The Cure and Bauhaus when I was very young and from there my interest expanded. I was also an enthusiast of the original Gothic poets and authors.

Malakoi

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:12 am
for me, it was first expressed through artwork and poetry.
i just moved on from there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:14 am
I was a horrid little oddlet ever since I fell out of my mum.

I drew constantly, read constantly since I was about 3, and kept all manner of pet insects. My adoptive father was a historian, and thusly I read about mythology, gruesome deaths, and became obsessed with stuff that no longer exists. I didn't scare easily. I was a ridiculously dark little cupcake of a child.

I grew up some.

"You look odd.", people have said. "You unnerve me in many ways. You must be one of those goth-types I've heard about."
"Oh, really?" I say. "That's nice." And I go about my business.

I find the person I am now to be a fairly logical progression from the person I always have been.  

Vexworth

Soviet_Viking

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:16 pm
I always had a bit of an odd, dark outlook on life (And especially pessimistic, radical and increasingly apocalyptic political views) and somewhat of an outcast early on...but I still had uber-dork tendencies then.

The primary influencing factor that really kicked things in "In full", though, was the influence of my older sister (Not blood, but a close friend I consider family) upon me, and meeting a loose gathering of other "odd folk" from Upcountry Maui consisting of a few punks, goths, nerds and other general misfits of varying ethnic backgrounds collectively known as "The Group".  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:35 pm
My mom buying me Edward Gorey books when I was around age 10.
The Cure-right before Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me.
My grandmother's enormous antique doll collection.
Beetlejuice.
These are the things that made goth have a nice evil sense of humor for me.  

Umberella

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces