Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Top 13 Reasons You Know You're A B-Rate Goth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:37 pm
ketchakik
Veruniel
rofl rofl rofl

Oh, I know the type. Donchaluv those kids who claim to be ancient bloodsuckers from the beginning of time? Yeah, sure. You're a *vampire.* And you live with your *parents.* In *Cleveland.*

Thanks for the laugh!

hey i used to live in Cleveland sad

I don't mean to make fun of Cleveland. It's just that when someone tells you they're a 2000 year old vampire from Egypt and you find out they're in Cleveland when you check their IP address... well, it does get a little suspicious!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:50 pm
Veruniel
ketchakik
Veruniel
rofl rofl rofl

Oh, I know the type. Donchaluv those kids who claim to be ancient bloodsuckers from the beginning of time? Yeah, sure. You're a *vampire.* And you live with your *parents.* In *Cleveland.*

Thanks for the laugh!

hey i used to live in Cleveland sad

I don't mean to make fun of Cleveland. It's just that when someone tells you they're a 2000 year old vampire from Egypt and you find out they're in Cleveland when you check their IP address... well, it does get a little suspicious!

I think it gets a little suspicious when people are checking IP addresses.  

-Isel-

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:03 pm
Isel

I think it gets a little suspicious when people are checking IP addresses.

There are perfectly sane reasons to do it. When the same person shows up on a webboard multiple times and is banned multiple times for spamming or abusive posts, you might just check the IP address when sockpuppet #782 starts using the same syntax.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:21 pm
Isel
Lord Charlemain Richards
Isel
Lord Charlemain Richards
*weeps* I swear I was born with this name!
... okay, not the "lord" bit.
But nonetheless, I laughed my arse off.

It's spelled "Charlemagne".

I know. I know the historical character is Charlemagne.
Charlemain is on my birth certificate.
This has been a long-standing point of contention. My mother just cannot spell, I suppose.
I guess I got off better than Herminia or Cassiopia. And we're all better off than Blodwyn.
Though mum spelled their names right.

That's asinine. I'd smack her for such inaccuracy, if she were my mother.
But on the plus side, he got a name he could use on the internet and not worry about being stalked, because no one would believe it was his real name.
Should I tell them your middle names, Charlie? XD

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:41 pm
That basically describes my ex-boyfriend!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:04 pm
i am so sick of people saying i'm not goth because i don't like bauhaus, the cure, etc. i am also sick of people saying these people invented goth. i like gloomy music, but none of those eighties goth-pop bands. it's wierd, that everyone assumes to be goth you need to like them. all they really did (besides make music) was popularize the gothic subculture, they didn't invent it, and you don't need to like them to be goth.  

Maggoty Anne

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:10 pm
Maggoty Anne
i am so sick of people saying i'm not goth because i don't like bauhaus, the cure, etc. i am also sick of people saying these people invented goth. i like gloomy music, but none of those eighties goth-pop bands. it's wierd, that everyone assumes to be goth you need to like them. all they really did (besides make music) was popularize the gothic subculture, they didn't invent it, and you don't need to like them to be goth.

That's arguable.

Many people in the goth culture consider the term goth to exclusively refer to avid fans of goth-rock. And while the bands themselves didn't create the culture, many people would argue that the culture's creation only occured because of the music scene.

So really, it's largely subjective.

Now, if people are saying you're not a goth just because you don't like Bauhaus, that's illogical. Even under the definition revolving around music, I know plenty of goths who dislike Bauhaus but love later goth groups like Faith and the Muse, Nosferatu, Rubicon, and Voltaire.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:47 pm
Dead Ed
and I wonder if GilAskan is referring to the list of mallcore qualities he's posted a few times before... if not, I'd love to see just how insulting it is whee

Both yes and no. Some of the list would draw from my mallgoth research, some would just be general satire or in-jokes.  

GilAskan
Crew

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:50 pm
haha, that made my day.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:55 pm
Funny thing is- I think most under 18 year old goths can relate to that.  

Alliecat

lordoflycans

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:53 am
oh gosh darn it, I work at walmart too! crap crap crap!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:50 am
Only guilty of black denim. xd  

TheWitchGotRobin

Pixelated Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:22 pm
[ Die Katze ]
i laughed my a** off...

Agreed. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:59 pm
Entertaining. I said NO to everything on that list... gonk  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:43 am
Vampire Kurix
Entertaining. I said NO to everything on that list... gonk
hehe, same here, but everything on it is pretty far fetched.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff