Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Ravenn's Gold Making Class (It's open!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want to learn new money making tips?
  Sure, a little help can go a long way.
  I already make a lot of money sooo..... no thanks.
  I'm just here for the poll gold.
  Behold! I like cookies and there goes one!
View Results

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:18 pm
Wow. That's a loot of good feedback and info from other gaians. razin_phyre and sara-ane gave some good info.

razin gave some good points on inflation. it's simple since too much inflation makes it harder for you to buy stuff or even sell them for a profit. but if you play inflation by just the right amount, you can help stabilize the market and sustain your chance at making more profits. there are times when you'd buy something lower than the normal low buy price but some people would sell even lower than you. this situation can be tricky especially if they left the items in the marketplace for a long time limit. Razin_phyre, if you have a lot more info on this, feel free to explain more.

Sara-ane gave some good points as well. it's true that some games can be pretty useful at getting gold. i myself sell my tickets no less than 2 gold and i prefer cards because you have more of a sure chance to control the game. with practice, you can buy 500 tickets and if you play it right, you might be able to get enough tickets and sell them for 1000 gold or more. slots are very risky but it's up to you to try them. even fishing helps cause you only need to buy grade f bait and if you have a distance rod plus, you can catch trout or tunas with practice. i myself have sold a lot of tunas for profit as long as i found good buyers for them.

I wish to thank you all for adding your tips and info in this thread because I myself have learned a lot of market skills from all of you. Thanks again.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:43 pm
i may after a while my random posts to this thread come when i have an epiphany so to speak and it's often not even very clear to me for a while i'll understand what i said after a while. i did a lot of the stuff on this thread before i read it and i just didn't realize.

and by stabilizing the market you can also help prevent inflation guilds from targeting items. they target popular or low price items to massively inflate. but if you manage to keep it stabil you can still earn gold. and prevent the item from going down in value or way to high in value where most people will ignore it.

like i said i randomly come up with stuff. . . i pay attention with my subconcious so it comes to me in random spurts. this thread seems to become more useful all the time.

also buy tokens in the mp often times if you buy a lot like 5k+ you can get quite a few free. i got 1k free from one buy. which means with that deal i got 6k tokens. it ended up getting me about 6k tickets. which turned into about 13.5k gold.

buying tokens for 1 gold each not smart when you can get them for under 1 gold each. especially when you're buying a lot. that means more gold left over after buying the tokens in the first place. so you don't empty yourself and end you still end up with more tokens.  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

Savannah660

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:50 pm
Cool I learned alot in here thanks fr posting this. It's time to make money now. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:30 am
i also noticed some item would drop in price during events and during the 15-17th of each month due to re4lease of new items. so that's the BEST time to buy. you can make huge profits but it's best to buy and then wait to sell once the prices go back up since everyone sold items for the new ones it's demand will go back up once that new item fever has passed. same goes for events for holidays such as this past halloween. i noticed a lot of previous jack set going for extremely low, much lower than normal. so it depends on your luck if you can even get this to work since it doesn't always. this thing is where the length of time you've been here plays a HUGE factor. if you've been here a long time and active in the mp you know the average price it goes for, but if you've been here for too short of a time then you'll have to rely on a price guide and that's not always trustworthy info. since it's either tek tek which is based on a daily pattern or a thread made guide that has a single person's feelings on what the price SHOULD be, which may be wrong since they could be attempting to inflate it or deflate it.

wow tHATS A LLLOOOOTTTTTT eek  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

thrasher87

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:22 am
This is a very good Marketplace tutorial.
I've already been doing this, but what I like to do the most is fish and sell them for more than they are worth.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:57 pm
dragonflie87
This is a very good Marketplace tutorial.
I've already been doing this, but what I like to do the most is fish and sell them for more than they are worth.
Thanks for the comment. I guess my thread is some sort of Marketplace tutorial. ^_^  

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:07 pm
Sorry if I haven't been on for a loooooong time lately. It's just that I got busy with other stuff and had nothing new to write about. Also, I have exams for the next two weeks so i won't be online during that time. Well, the only new stuff I could add is something about the G-Bots. I don't know if anyone noticed but the prices for them went up again even though you can't search for them officially in the marketplace. I've noticed that there are some buyers out there willing to pay 8000 gold or more for one of them. My tip is that if you want to try your luck at getting one and selling for a profit, keep you lowest bid at least 6500 gold and once you get it, experiment with a high price. You never know if anybody might buy it for 9000 gold or something. But be aware that the moods of buyers change often and you might not get a buyer for a time. So good luck with all of your moneymaking ways! _^ Oh, btw, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:07 am
Tip:
If you're questing for big 03 items, don't invest in mid sized 04/05 items.
instead buy brand new items.

example: since I bought a d-tail at 5.5 million it has gone up to roughly 6.5 mil.
but had I taken that 5.5 million and instead invested it into a new item like shadow spirits I could have bought 550 of them when they were 10k each; the shadow spirit is now roughly 17-18k each meaning in one month your 5.5 million would be 9.9 million instead of the 6.5 the d-tail took a few months to inflate too.

New items tend to double or even triple in value when they inflate while older items only inflate by small percentages.  

The Traveling Man

Chatty Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:04 pm
Thanks for your tip Chaotic Dragon. It sounds like a risky strategy but if you play it right, it can reap a lot of profit. All of it sounds sensible but it all comes down to choosing what to buy and when's the right time to buy. take note that not all collectable items double their amount. Some may even decreas in value. So it all depends on how you play it. But like I said, it's a risky but good strategy. The higher the risks, the higher the gain. But, you have to have the guts to try this method. Thanks again. Everyone, please feel free to add more helpful comments or tips here. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:10 pm
bump  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:21 pm
Thanks for bumping the thread razin. Everyone feel free to bump when this thread is getting too low on the topic list. Keep this thread at least running so that others can read my thread and learn something new. Well, the only new things I found on the market is that the new collectibles from the december 2006 letter seems like a new set of popular items good for the market place game. Keep an eye on their prices. I know I do 'cause I already made a good bundle of gold from buying and selling them. Hmmm... well... there isn't much to add for now but wish you all a Merry christmas and Happy New Year!!! And wooot!!! I finished all my exams. Anyway, good bye for now and try to keep this thread alive for others to see. Thanks everyone! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:25 pm
do you know about the ticket market
really profitable  

Hilio

RavennShadowheart

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:03 pm
Oh yes! the ticket market is usually a guarantee to get profits. It's a little slower since you have to get the tickets first but it's very useful for gaining gold profits as long as you sell your tickets at least 2 gold each.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:57 pm
in the past month or so a lot of new people have joined and a result of htis is the prices of items have gone up insanely the gauntlets are at 55k when they were at 20k a month or so back . . . that sucks too cause i need a pair of them . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Crew

menewme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:53 pm
Wow! thanx for sharing, and in details too! I haven't read all of the instruction though sweatdrop .
But I'm making profit from the marketplace already. Like yesterday I got a Mochi for only 21000 and sold it for 30500! xd  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff