Reply Sports Talk
OFFICIAL NRL THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Auron-X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:45 am
Man this thread looks dead O_o Guess not alot of people are fans of NRL and more so of what I like to call... GayFL, xD. Even though it's pretty fun to play and I watch the finals anyway if the Swans make it. Well anyway I pretty much support the Newcastle Knights, they're like so awesome, even though they got the spoon this year =(  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:07 am
guardian_fairy
verds
Meh I think it's nice that Wests won. Their leagues club is a few streets from my house and I could hear them going absolutely nuts last night. They've had it pretty bad the last few seasons and they haven't won anything in a while so it's nice to see all their supporters excited again

It was a pretty good game as well. That break and flick pass by Benji was just amazing and the follow-up by Pat Richards was pretty good considering he was injured going into the game.

I'm looking forward to next season already

i know go the west tigers! everyone in my area was really exicted about it! i was really happy were there won! biggrin Benji was amazing! so was pat very good too! injurjed next thing you know is that he scores a try in the grand final! blaugh

HELL YEAH GO THE TIGERS

sorry i am a massive tigers fanatic and i always have been i was so exited when we won the premiership i went nuts but what really sucked was that i was so close to going to the grand final but oh well we won YAY xd

TIGERS TIGERS TIGERS

GO BENJI, PRINCE, HODGSON AND SKANDO  

Demonic_Angel_89

GrandmasterCheese

5,100 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:00 pm
go the chooks!!!!! all the way yeahh!!!

actually not really a fan, so it doesnt really matter anyways smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:35 am
*Thread Revived*

During my lifetime I have supported 4 different teams. Now before you go and bag me for switching teams I will tell you why.

I originally used to support the Newtown Jets but then they got kicked out of the league (probably none of you are old enough to remember them). So then left teamless I started supporting Parramatta (because they were my Dad's team and they were very strong in the early 80's) then the Newcastle Knights entered the league (where I was living and had lived for most of my life) so I immediately became a Newcastle Knights fan. Then I moved to vic the only games I got to go to 1 state of origin and 3 games with Balmain as they were still known by at the time (there was talk of them moving to Melbourne). Then Melbourne Storm came along. Now I still love the Knights (even though there useless without Joey) but I have become a strong Storm supporter now, because I can go to all their home games and have gone out to a few of the after game functions with them.

So what would you say? That Im justified switching teams the way I did, or as others have told me "a soft &*%# that will just switch teams whenever it suits him".  

TrickYMickY

Ozumou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:56 pm
That sounds almost exactly like my
support of NRL teams.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:44 am
I support any of the NRL teams but I really, really, really hate the broncos. I hate QLD period. NQ are good because their underdogs...Come to think about it I don't like the Dogs either. ninja

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

Eternal_Rose_89

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:29 am
WOOT YEAH GO THE TIGERS 2006 ALL THE WAY BABY!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:11 am
Hope the mods don't mind me advertising another guild but if anyone's interested, an NRL Tipping competition may be started, providing we can get some numbers in on it
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=17499

Basically just enter your tips for the round every week and the winner at the end of the season gets something. Prizes haven't been decided yet but last year the top prize was a kiki so it may be something popular again. And last season everyone who entered got something, which may happen again - or it also may not. Don't quote me on it if it doesn't happen again this season, but that was the case last season

Also if you're not interested in competing in the tipping comp, you can still join in the discussions taking place there. Or even if you know nothing about NRL, you can still participate in the tipping comp

It's pretty much open to anyone and everyone and entry is free. If anyone wants more details, even though there aren't too many right now, PM either me or Simpkin  

verds

Profitable Prophet

15,800 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Super Jumper 500

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:20 am
ninja *Coughs* ninja Penrith Suck ninja *Coughs* ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:20 am
TrickYMickY
*Thread Revived*

During my lifetime I have supported 4 different teams. Now before you go and bag me for switching teams I will tell you why.

I originally used to support the Newtown Jets but then they got kicked out of the league (probably none of you are old enough to remember them). So then left teamless I started supporting Parramatta (because they were my Dad's team and they were very strong in the early 80's) then the Newcastle Knights entered the league (where I was living and had lived for most of my life) so I immediately became a Newcastle Knights fan. Then I moved to vic the only games I got to go to 1 state of origin and 3 games with Balmain as they were still known by at the time (there was talk of them moving to Melbourne). Then Melbourne Storm came along. Now I still love the Knights (even though there useless without Joey) but I have become a strong Storm supporter now, because I can go to all their home games and have gone out to a few of the after game functions with them.

So what would you say? That Im justified switching teams the way I did, or as others have told me "a soft &*%# that will just switch teams whenever it suits him".

I went for the Eels when i was young because my family sort of forced it on me razz

When i came of age however, i saw the light and went for the true League champs, Western Suburbs Magpies... But i'll be damned if i support the tigers :/.

So now i go for the Bulldogs, because i was a fan of Terry Lamb, waiting for the day the 'Pies split from Balmain and start owning everything again.

Is this not justified also?  

The Curse

suburban_lindz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:06 pm
GO THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!! heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 am
weeping pixie
roosters have the biggest corperate and financial backing of any of the ******** upper class team

Yet they still can't play football surprised  

1TS JESUS LOL

Sports Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas