Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:21 pm
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
I'm kinda getting sick with the surge of fanon stuff anyway. I want to read about something that happened, not the covert arguement over who's got the better battlefleet.

Yeah, but theres only so much we know. We're basically playing fast and loose with the new galaxy.

Agreed. At this time, we have but limited information on Legacy era tech and the like. Plus, we have not the foggiest as to what happens after Bloodlines, and before the comic.

The next book could come out, and derail half of what we've posted! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:22 pm
Celestia Whitesword
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
I'm kinda getting sick with the surge of fanon stuff anyway. I want to read about something that happened, not the covert arguement over who's got the better battlefleet.

Yeah, but theres only so much we know. We're basically playing fast and loose with the new galaxy.

Agreed. At this time, we have but limited information on Legacy era tech and the like. Plus, we have not the foggiest as to what happens after Bloodlines, and before the comic.

The next book could come out, and derail half of what we've posted! xd

Im not worried.
we can manage.
If all else fails, we call it Infinities.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:26 pm
Sometimes the best RPs rely heavily on fandom. cool Heck I've run an RP were the entire thing was Fandom with just Canon characters running around as Gamemaster played NPCs.

That was fun xp

Anyway... I'll start putting together stats for the ship designs I posted, at least those that are going to be used.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:27 pm
stellarmagic
Sometimes the best RPs rely heavily on fandom. cool Heck I've run an RP were the entire thing was Fandom with just Canon characters running around as Gamemaster played NPCs.

That was fun xp

Anyway... I'll start putting together stats for the ship designs I posted, at least those that are going to be used.

Are you waiting on Mandalore in Legacy perchance?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:28 pm
Yes... but then again I'm capable of waiting.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:32 pm
stellarmagic
Yes... but then again I'm capable of waiting.

My bad. I was going to wait until you posted again.
Hold on I'll crank something out.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:45 pm
Well... It's getting late so I won't get a chance to respond tonight...

But I do have this for your consideration.
Quote:
Entry: 18000
Subject: Nemisis-class Star Destroyer
Capsule:
User Image

While the Imperial Starfleet expanded after the vong invasion the Imperial-III Star Destroyer was its primary weapon, now generations later a new Star Destroyer from the Kuat Drive Yards is making its presence felt as the replacement to venerable old Imperial Line, the Nemisis-class.

Unlike the Stalwarth-class or the Revenge-class the Nemisis-class is designed exclusively as a mobile turbolaser platform. With the basic arrowhead shape of the old Imperial Star Destroyer as a starting point the Nemisis-class became a monster of a combat destroyer, heavier then its predecessor and much more powerful, the ship had a range of drawbacks including slow speed lighter starfighter compliment, and a lack of troop deployment capability. In the new imperial fleet the specialization of vessels made the old multi-role capability of the ISD a drawback rather then an advantage.

The Nemisis is armed with 128 Class-12 Turbolasers mounted in sixteen octagonal mounts, 60 Class-8 Turbolasers, 60 Class-7 Ion Cannons, 12 Class-9 Laser Cannons, and 12 Class-12 Proton Torpedo Launchers. This gives the ship enough offensive firepower to be a threat even to the Revenge II-class Star Cruiser. The ship’s small hanger bay is only large enough to carry a maximum of four fighter squadrons or 48 starfighters, and its engines only deliver sufficient thrust for the vessel to make a measly 11 MGLTs extremely slow for a modern Destroyer. Still it’s double shielding and double hull design enable it to take a pounding that would destroy almost any other destroyer.

The ship is a mobile fortress, and its utility in line engagements has made it feared among tactical officers in the terrifying position of having to face it in battle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:55 pm
I believe its spelled nemesis...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:56 pm
any other comments?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:59 pm
Seriously, the fanon ships are getting out of hand.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:01 pm
Let this be the last fanon thing for a little while, please?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:02 pm
Ok, then.
Its decided.
No more Fanon Ships for a while.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:49 am
baby jesus, yeah, how many fanon cap. ships you guys have now? 20 classes? each?

and Cale, know it's kinda late, but since the Sevid'nak entry is entirely fanon, i ask that you review it.

here it is, so ya dun hafta go check the OGG:

Quote:

Entry: 29364
Subject: Sevid'nak
Capsule:

Sevid'nak is a relatively primitive planet, long forgotten by history, far removed from the core, and of almost no strategic importance. It rests on the borders of the outer rim, opposite the Vong entry corridor during the New Jedi Order. It shares its solar system, Kalustha, with a planetoid named Erest that the colonists use for mining and industrial facilities, in order to keep the main planet relatively unpoluted.

Sevid’nak’s lush, expansive fields were prime fodder for a boom of colonists seeking planets to use for agricultural means many decades before the fall of the first Republic. Sevid’nak was home to a primitive indigenous and populous species of bird-like creatures called Therfas, which preyed on a more sentient nomadic species of insectoid beings that called themselves Sevidans. The small group of colonists came peacefully with their animals, offering their technology to the natives, and quickly learning their language with their then-current protocol droids.

There was almost no major conflict on Svid'nak. The inhabitants co-existed peacefully, seperated most often, but never in aggressive contact. The Sevidans kept to their nomadic paths, centered mostly on their mating patterns, armed with the colonists' technology against the predatory Therfas. The colonists kept to their colonies, bordered against the Sevidan mating routes and protected against animals taht attacked livestock. Infrequently the natives would visit the colonies for trade.

The planet continued on in this way. The colonists became more isolated from the Republic, almost completely disregarded by the Empire, and successively unknown to the New Republic and its political descendants. The colonists' technology was intigrated with that of the Sevidans, and so was not fated to retrogress, but it did not progress in tandem with that of the core worlds. As of 130 years ANH, their technology was on par with that of the outer rim worlds circa 12 ANH.

The planet developed a kind of satisfaction from its isolation, and never attempted to reach out to the inner worlds. It exists to this day as a pleasant, peaceful, and untouched- if boring, planet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:38 am
Well... just posted the last Fan-class for awhile.

I'm thinking about putting together a couple posts about the Imperial series of Star Destroyers and their derivatives, I'll start research on it.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:06 am
Nospai Deathous
baby jesus, yeah, how many fanon cap. ships you guys have now? 20 classes? each?

and Cale, know it's kinda late, but since the Sevid'nak entry is entirely fanon, i ask that you review it.

here it is, so ya dun hafta go check the OGG:

Quote:

Entry: 29364
Subject: Sevid'nak
Capsule:

Sevid'nak is a relatively primitive planet, long forgotten by history, far removed from the core, and of almost no strategic importance. It rests on the borders of the outer rim, opposite the Vong entry corridor during the New Jedi Order. It shares its solar system, Kalustha, with a planetoid named Erest that the colonists use for mining and industrial facilities, in order to keep the main planet relatively unpoluted.

Sevid’nak’s lush, expansive fields were prime fodder for a boom of colonists seeking planets to use for agricultural means many decades before the fall of the first Republic. Sevid’nak was home to a primitive indigenous and populous species of bird-like creatures called Therfas, which preyed on a more sentient nomadic species of insectoid beings that called themselves Sevidans. The small group of colonists came peacefully with their animals, offering their technology to the natives, and quickly learning their language with their then-current protocol droids.

There was almost no major conflict on Svid'nak. The inhabitants co-existed peacefully, seperated most often, but never in aggressive contact. The Sevidans kept to their nomadic paths, centered mostly on their mating patterns, armed with the colonists' technology against the predatory Therfas. The colonists kept to their colonies, bordered against the Sevidan mating routes and protected against animals taht attacked livestock. Infrequently the natives would visit the colonies for trade.

The planet continued on in this way. The colonists became more isolated from the Republic, almost completely disregarded by the Empire, and successively unknown to the New Republic and its political descendants. The colonists' technology was intigrated with that of the Sevidans, and so was not fated to retrogress, but it did not progress in tandem with that of the core worlds. As of 130 years ANH, their technology was on par with that of the outer rim worlds circa 12 ANH.

The planet developed a kind of satisfaction from its isolation, and never attempted to reach out to the inner worlds. It exists to this day as a pleasant, peaceful, and untouched- if boring, planet.

Always room for a few new planets mate.
Go ahead and throw it in.
And how much would it cost you to do a group shot of Mandalore the Immortal and his two Honor Guard?  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff