Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
was sailor Uranus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lesbian?
  yes
  no
View Results

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:43 pm
heavymetalpapillion
So about this whole lesbian thing. As an american watching the japanese version of Sailor Moon i found that there were lots of implications of most of the scouts being lesbian. that or they joked about it a lot. espcially in Sailor Moon S season. like Jupiter forms a little "crush" on Uranus in the one episode. In another episode Mars meets with another girl who is a drummer that Mars wants to play at the festival, and the girls sneak up on Mars and question if this is Mars' new love.

yes, uranus and neptune are lesbians.

as for chibi-usa and saturn i really cannot say for sure. chibi-usa always forms crushes on boys, but then again there was the infatuation with the girl at the tea house.

of course you wouldn't know most of this stuff if you haven't seen the jaapnese version. the US version is so butchered.

Well didn't Jupiter think Uranus was a guy at first?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:04 pm
Luamervara
heavymetalpapillion
So about this whole lesbian thing. As an american watching the japanese version of Sailor Moon i found that there were lots of implications of most of the scouts being lesbian. that or they joked about it a lot. espcially in Sailor Moon S season. like Jupiter forms a little "crush" on Uranus in the one episode. In another episode Mars meets with another girl who is a drummer that Mars wants to play at the festival, and the girls sneak up on Mars and question if this is Mars' new love.

yes, uranus and neptune are lesbians.

as for chibi-usa and saturn i really cannot say for sure. chibi-usa always forms crushes on boys, but then again there was the infatuation with the girl at the tea house.

of course you wouldn't know most of this stuff if you haven't seen the jaapnese version. the US version is so butchered.

That tea house 'girl' ,<<' Is a guy me thinks.

Yup, the teahouse kid is a boy in the japanese version, they just made he a she because at the end, he's wearing a sailor senshi fuku-ish outfit. blaugh

@GT - In the episode where Lita/Makoto has the infatuation with Haruka, she already knows Haruka is a girl. 3nodding But it's more adulation if anything, really. =)  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

DarknessofHeavenandDreams

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:33 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
AmethystHeart
Sailor Saturn made implications with ChibiUSA. But it was Sailor Neptune and Uranus that were the couple. Cousins in the US, damn DIC for changing it.

Actually, it wasn't DiC. It was CWi.

And as for the manga of Hotaru and Chibi-Usa kissing, it was most likely doujinshi.

I can't find the picture, but I think that was actually from the Manga.

In either case, in the anime (I am not sure about the Manga), Haruka liked making girls think she was a boy, however she seemed to have strong feelings for Usagi to what seems like flirting to me. I beleive Michiru fancied Mamoru as well, but did not flirt as much, making me think Michi is bi while her lover is gay.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:45 pm
any idea where the japanese version of Sailor moon can be found? I am rewatching the series...but the american series. the Japanese version I'm guessing has more information...right?  

x3rubiachica3x

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:10 pm
thnks Nisora for clearing that, I think that's what I heard somewhere but I wasn't entirely sure.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:21 am
x3rubiachica3x
any idea where the japanese version of Sailor moon can be found? I am rewatching the series...but the american series. the Japanese version I'm guessing has more information...right?

I own part of the sailormoon S series that comes in Japanese and is properly subtitled (this has the lesbians). I beleive that the following two series are also available with japanese and sub. The very first series is not, but lacks lesbians.  

DarknessofHeavenandDreams

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:43 am
HoursBeforeDawn
Haruka and Michiru are so obviously lesbian partners. I was just recently watching Sailor Moon Sailor Star and in one episode they met Usagi at the park were she was meeting Seiya, but that has nothing to do with anything. But, Michiru grabbed onto Haruka's arm and pulled her away. Haruka complained about Michiru hurting her and said that she wanted her to touch her gentle, Michiru replied "When we're alone" or something along those lines.
I was just rewatching that episode a couple days ago. XD  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:51 pm
Yami_Again
x3rubiachica3x

I own part of the sailormoon S series that comes in Japanese and is properly subtitled (this has the lesbians). I beleive that the following two series are also available with japanese and sub. The very first series is not, but lacks lesbians.

I don't even get how the whole series goes together yet. All I get is the american version and thats messed up so I'm all confused BD  

x3rubiachica3x

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

narusy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:31 pm
Hm, when I was younger, I thought that Uranus was a guy..... xp I never really thought of her as a lesbian because girls can act like guys, but now, I'm not too sure, Michelle doesn't seem like a lesbian....  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:23 pm
Uranus in Jap was a lesbian, in love with Michiru and in the dubbed she was cousins with Michiru. In the Manga, Uranus, Michiru and Setsuna adopted Hotaru. She called them Harukua-Papa, Michiru-Mama and Setsuna-Mama.  

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Avia-Terpsichore

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am
narusy
Hm, when I was younger, I thought that Uranus was a guy..... xp I never really thought of her as a lesbian because girls can act like guys, but now, I'm not too sure, Michelle doesn't seem like a lesbian....

Yes, well, not all lesbians "seem" like they are. My best friend is a lesbian and I would never have known if she hadn't told me, because she doesn't behave in a way typical to the lesbian stereotype.
Anyway, I don't understand why there is even a question about this. In the original Japanese, both manga and anime, it is FACT that Haruka and Michiru are together. The english version is whole other story...  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:38 pm
PROOF... that they're lesbians. o_o (contains spoilers for those who have not seen stars)

Kissing Cousins? I think not!  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

samancia

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:11 pm
I have just confirmed this myself, I saw a picture on phtobucket. Uranus and Neptune are lesbians.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:19 am
personly i think the dubbed verson didn't show that michiru and haruka had a real relationship, other than being 'friends'. much like the inner senshi where friends. though, it seems haruka isn't as friendly as the inner senshi.

ep 110-111 must have mest with the dubbed fans alot...  

mintycho

Tenshi no Umi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:35 pm
Haruka is with Michiru as lovers. You should watch careful all the scenes with them and you will see....and saturn is like a daughter for them... "haruka papa, Michiru mama"(hotaru said that in 168-if i'm not wrong)  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff