yes, yes you are
  well, it depends, vegemite or marmite?
  hey, thats a good one!
View Results

schpleek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 am
Enetirnel
schpleek
I've heard of a variation of the 'drop-bears' prank. To avoid getting attacked, put forks and Vegemite in one's hair. I don't know if anyone's been successful in convincing tourists of this, but it would be hilarious to watch xD

I've gotten some Swedes to do that. They really believed me.

((Needless to say when a teacher at my school - happens to be a Swede - found out he was less than impressed, but he kept on asking about drop bears)). rofl
Good work xD N'aww...wish I'd seen that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:54 am
Haha, good girl! I do that all the time! It's so easy!

Drop bears have to be the coolest fake animal ever.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

goddess_tyche

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:25 am
I haven't ever try to tell people overseas things that aren't true. I haven't heard of anyone saying about drop bears before.

I did have a teacher who went for a holdiday in the UK and had some of them believing that we had kangaroos jumping down the street and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:56 pm
i dont really tell stories but ive been with people who did lol i just assured them that we dont ride in kangaroo pouches down the street lol it was great talking about the difference in pay for some work places. I went with school to America and one of the guys that came worked in maccas. one of the guys we met in America worked in a maccas there and they get paid shockingly compared to here. they only get paid a few dollars and hour that i can remember (may have changed since Jan 2006)  

kixsy

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces