Submit

Vegemite?
  Yes, I like
  Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate it
  Ick!
View Results

Wolfeona The Wise

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:56 pm
Ok, I love my country most of the time, when i m not working that is. The rest of the time, well the people here get on my nerves. They should learn to read the signs that business post for them. i mean i am a very busier person when I’m at work and that work could be cut in half if the idiots didn’t ask so many stupid a** questions, im always walking over to the stupid sign and points to it as I explain the words to them.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:35 pm
DNA_Guru
Oh no it's much more serious than that. It causes Cancer. :B
ahuh?!? yes well if it causes cancer..why can we eat it here in aus?  

gosoph

dark mousy 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:25 am
as they said it doesnt cause cancer its lack of folates that have the adverse affects
and i just wanna say go vegimite the stuff is good with melted cheese on toast  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:02 pm
xenophobic americans  

nrasjaa

wolf_blade123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:05 am
I bet it's just cuz george bush doesnt like the taste...

well i dont like the taste either but i wouldn't ban it  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:09 am
DNA_Guru
Yeah, maybe they should. And Alcohol, that might increase the average IQ to 2. o.o

Well said. 3nodding

I quite like vegemite sometimes, but only George Bush 'ere would be stupid enough to contraband something because of artificial folate in their terms... whatever. XD

... Yes... sweatdrop

Lenre Li

Lady Dao

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:00 pm
*lol* I've only just read this thread, and I must say if there was ever the slightest chance of it being illegal to take vegemite to the states then their security system wasn't working real well. Openly admitted to having vegemite with me when I went over there (not a fan of the stuff myself, took it for an expat who misses it). I'd never head any of this before. But seriously, to ban vegemite? It would only be laughable.
Oh, and just a note on the milo (I saw it mentioned somewhere). You can buy it over there, but it's not the same. Label looks the same and such, but it tastes different and comes from Mexico, not here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:12 pm
Yum, I love it  

babalonsatene

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:09 pm
Yay for diesel on toast! lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:51 am
we should totally smuggle i n2489021489024 jars & sell it on the blaQ market . ;]

CrayolaxFairy

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:52 am
My aunty lives in America and says that apart from missing us (her family) she misses Vegimite the most.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:24 am
I'm not sure if this was posted:

"The "banning" of Vegemite in the U.S.

In October 2006, the Melbourne newspaper, the Herald Sun incorrectly reported that Vegemite had been banned in the United States, and that the U.S. Customs Service had gone so far as to search Australians entering the country for Vegemite. The origin of the story appears to have been an anecdote from a traveller who claimed to have been searched, and a spokesperson for Kraft Foods who made a misinformed comment to reporters. The story led to some anti-American comments in blogs and newspapers. The Herald Sun blamed the U.S. President for the ban, and encouraged readers to post comments on its website and send emails to the White House.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration later stated that although it is technically illegal in the U.S. to add folate to food products other than bread or cereal, there were no plans to investigate whether Vegemite contains folate, to subject it to an import ban, or to have it withdrawn from U.S. supermarket shelves. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection also tried to dispel the rumour, stating on its website that "there is no known prohibition on the importation of Vegemite" and "there is no official policy within CBP targeting Vegemite for interception".[1] The story of the "ban" later took on the status of urban legend.[2] While Vegemite has never been abundant in the U.S., it can still be purchased at some stores that stock imported foods.[3]"

Vegemite  

Lily Lupus

2,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

scruffy012

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:09 am
lol that just kills the fun then, ey?

also the cancer thing, speaking as a chemist, everything is carcinagenic/takes part in teh metabolic pathway to produce cancer/ or is a precursor for somehting that is carcinagenic...

it's for the lols  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:15 am
and ohh for more lols, the black charcoal part of burnt toast is moderately/highly carcinagenic, but the "concentration of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons" (or [PAH] for shorthand) is low... well not enough to metabolise into your body, producing enough very toxic metabolites to have a substantial effect....

Think of it as AIDS, where you need to drink almost a litre of contaminated saliva to get enough virus to contract it...

there ya go a education lesson for today.... pretty much 2-3 weeks of last semesters course work summed up into 2 paras...  

scruffy012

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:00 am
Vegemite made in the US is gross. It's awful and sweet.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff