Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What do your parents not let you to do with your appearance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-[.emerald.]-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:09 pm
peircings and tattoos emo
although i get peircings anyways><  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:13 pm
I come from a very preppy place so my parents are very strict about what I wear.

However, I still wear the clothes I want. My mother occasionally accepts my clothing. Other times.. God. Its over for me. xB

They ask me everyday, "___, why can you be a cheerleader like all the other people in our school?" They say I bring our family to "shame." Pfft.  

xxx Rice Cracker xxx

XxBelovedxSoubixX

Hygienic Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:28 pm
I'm can't have peircings, tattoos, I can't look dead, I can't ware anythings with chain's. But all I want is a lip peircing, snake bites, and pants with chains on them. I wont snake bits ! crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:32 pm
xxx Rice Cracker xxx
I come from a very preppy place so my parents are very strict about what I wear.

However, I still wear the clothes I want. My mother occasionally accepts my clothing. Other times.. God. Its over for me. xB

They ask me everyday, "___, why can you be a cheerleader like all the other people in our school?" They say I bring our family to "shame." Pfft.

That sucks.  

XxBelovedxSoubixX

Hygienic Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Vexworth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:06 am
My parents have pretty much given up on me. It's not that I wear a lot of chains and clown makeup, I just do happen to wear a lot of black and am tending towards odd, elaborate stuff that's slightly hard to wear unless you remember to not sit on your sleeves. My mum thinks I look like I'm always in costume, my dad's thanking everything that I'm not "boring". The only thing I can't do is get a tattoo, but I'm honestly the worst needlephobe in the entire cosmos so I'd never get one anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:05 am
Dad once made me take off my Tool beanie because I was wearing a short sleeved shirt. confused  

TheWitchGotRobin

Candied Catastrophe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:17 am
My mom doesn't care what I look like. She'd prefer I not be covered in tattoos and piercings (I only want a lip piercing and possibly a rose tattoo) but I live with my dad.

My dad on the other hand hates everything. He won't let me have piercings, tattoos, wear chain pants, all black (I do anyways), baggy clothes, he won't let me dye my hair black (or any dark color for that matter), and he wants me to dress girly =  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:10 am
My mother has an odd reaction to my "odd" way of dressing. She supports me dressing how I feel most comfortable in, but she wishes I was "more normal".

She dislikes my having piercings, but she respects that this is my body so I can mutilate it however I want biggrin Though, she did forbid me piercing my lip, mainly because she'd heard that it can damage teeth and gums, and seeing as she's letting me live at her home rent free I will respect that until I move out (other than that I have a nose ring, used to have an eyebrow bar and 8 piercings in my ears xd ).

Strangely she's supporting of me getting tattoos, so long as they're pretty and I get one that says mum/mother. So I'm getting one done in elvish (pretty as hell script)

She also dislikes it when I have my fake dreads in, she asked me if I could wait to have them put in before we met some people she knew....that I couldn't really do....I don't like it when people are ashamed of me...I react badly....so I but in big black dreads with bits of red, purple and hot pink in. They look cute as hell but it didn't go down very well with her.  

Isobel Bellamy

Kamadev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:15 am
haha..i can do whatever i want xDi'm a lucky basterd cause my mom is goth xD i can do anything BUT tatoo's...not untill i'm 18 cause then i stop growing and the tatoo wont mess up...and stretch...but anyway i can anything i want xD..i'm so lucky...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:57 pm
My mom changes with the wind. Sometimes its like, you can't wear that hat to school.

Or last year you could dye your hair purple, but this year it can't be an unnatural color.  

Alison-Wonderland

Paico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:19 am
My parents are tolerant to everything, at least they dont scream about it.

I got piercerings, but cant have tatoos because of my sensitive skin type, sadly. I can dye my hair in every color as long as mom doesnt have to help me (but she accidently dyed my hair orange once! XD) and dad agrees to anything as long as I dont look like a abused doll, or get chubby. 3nodding
And I am soon 21, so they have no right to command me around.

Plus I have a Goth brother who is worse. At least I dress with other colors than just black. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:25 pm
no dying my hair black (which my is a dirty blonde naturally) but i tried convincing my mom on dark brown (thats what she dyes her hair...shh don't tell her that i told you)...but she said no -_-...no chains (ARGH)...and she also doesn't like me wearing my hair the way i do...(which is over one eye...my mom says i'm going to go blind...-_-)  

Acid_Tape

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:38 am
well my parents let me with all the chains and black,shes ok with piercing on my ear,but no facial iercings.

makeup i can wear in highschool(2 years!)my mums reasonable.my mom also says i can dye my hair black if i have good grades.and i cant wear chains inside,she says ill scratch the walls and stuff,im really fine with my mom.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:20 am
Dye my hair.

My mom never wants to see my blonde hair change from its natural color >.<

My sister on the other hand, can do whatever she wants.  

Alliecat

XFluffeh_xX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:54 pm
no goddamned piercings 'till i'm like....18 or some s**t like that, no tatoos 'till i'm 18, so pretty much, no ******** runnning my own life, living it the way i want, until im 18...like i'm gonna listen to them...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff