Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
in the view of goths and drugs..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chulr

Friendly Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:46 pm
I'm total straight edge.
I tried alcohol once & hated it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:08 pm
I'm straight edge. I always had been and always will be. I think it's extremly annyoing that when someone sees that you dress "goth" and that automaticly assume that you do drugs. I was asked if I did drugs about 50 times last year in school (and I'm not kidding, I kept a count after a while.)  

Stars_Tears

Malakoi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:29 pm
Drugs provide a unique experience in one's life that cannot otherwise be had. It often allows the user to escape from the strain of daily life, let go of fears of social stigma and look at the world with a different perspective.

I don't think there's any real correlation between goth culture and drugs any longer, though there certainly was a bit of that during the original 1980s movement.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:55 pm
straight edge here and don't plan on smoking anytime soon.  

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:16 pm
mr. smith used to do crystal meth, but that may not be too relevant.
I would imagine alcohol would be drug of choice. Not too suprising? o_O
And I can sense a reference to Absinthe coming anyway XP  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:18 pm
thedarcnessinside
what are your views of goths add drugs?

I personally think the drugs thing is something someone chooses to do regardless of them being goth or not.. I personally don't do it I just am friends with people that do.  

Devils_lilboy

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:25 pm
spooky_sez
thedarcnessinside
What are your views of goths and drugs?

I know it varies from person to person, BUT in my experience goths are more into booze/weed (mostly booze) that other harder drugs like crack or herion, thank god (E and speed don't count as drugs, I reckon, and weed is pretty much cordial but with giggling instead of bouncing).

Also, smoking is a redundent issue and here's why- everyone* smokes. People smoke. Be it goths, chavs, preps, punks, cheerleaders or rocket scientists (which my step dad actually is). That clover cigarette fad though- don't let that s**t suck you in. It might be 'goth thing'(I heard that it's a total goth thing somwhere) but it tastes like s**t. And so do real smokes, by the way (I smoke). Lets be honest- clove smokes are just for show. Smooth Green Iced Apple cigarettes are the way of the future**.

*Lots of people. Not actually everyone, but the sentence flows better if I say that.
**I really like them. Don't smoke.

Nah, cloves are sexy. Djarum has the ones with the sugar filters too. I smoked cloves before cigarettes, and was prompted by curiousity, but I really liked them for a while. I don't smoke them too often anymore because they make me more tired then I need. And are mad expensive. The "clove-flavored filters" cigs really suck though.
I don't count tobacco and cloves as drugs because there's not much highness to be gathered from them :/  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:41 pm
I only drink, and even then not often.

And, if this guild (and my personal experience) is anything to go on, not many goths do drugs. I think some people may associate goths with drugs for no other reason than because they both fall under the catogory of "things teens do that I don't like".

In my experience, goths and gamers are the cleanest, most intellegent, best behaved teens.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Particle Wad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:00 pm
I'm really weird. I've done weed a couple times, but what I do on special nights is snort mints. MINTS. Crushed up MINTS. I'm really weird like that. ((btw, breath savers wintergreen is best.))

I mean I haven't tried normal tobacco, not even once. And I haven't drinken a drop. Wait no I tried a sip of my mom's weird alchoholic smoothie when I was ten. It tasted all rancid . . . Then again that's basically what happens when something ferments.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:30 pm
I don't do drugs, and don't want to start. If the people out there that do drugs want to use drugs, it is their health and not mine. I am neutral in the who drug debate, however I do not tolerate drugs when it comes to dealers offering that drug candy stuff to kids. It just makes me sick.  

Haeros

MrsPuget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:35 pm
my cousin was resently murdered because he was involved with people who did drugs and so did he. so i am tottaly TOTTALY drug free.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:11 pm
I personally dont do drugs. I have far much better things to do than destroy my life. but I've noticed a lot of people who claim to be gothic in my city who do drugs.
Here its like a craze, like your "not goth" unless you do drugs.

xteacupXtruamax

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:28 pm
I'm straight edge.

Things like that can be dangerous, not to mention illegal.

To me, it's not worth the high.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:27 am
I despise drugs more than anything imaginable. I have seen them destroy too many people's lives. I have never tried any drug and I intend to keep it that way.  

RedRosez

Particle Wad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:48 pm
Drugs don't necessarally mess up your life if you do the right amounts at the right times. I mean yea you shouldn't puff a tunka weed, take some acid, then go to school. Just a little bit on friday nights when all of your work is done. Yea the chemicaly ones like E and acid scare me eek But 'shrooms and weed are natural. And in a way so is mints. But mints aren't illegal.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff