Reply Memorable Threads
OPINONS: AT the real issues at hand. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uaq

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:00 pm
What I like most about the AT, is that everyone is wholy good. That's what I found anyhow.
I hardly remember the people I used to converse with back then. But there was ATP
and yeah. xp

I like the AT and OAT a lot. It's easier to get along with people, and the only oppinions they give is on online fashion not world issues.
GD gets a tad hectic because of these things.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:12 am
ninja  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

alhandra patchoulii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:28 am
Alhandra
1. Is the AT realy going to hell?
-I think that the AT could be brought back to a bearable standard if people were just nice... but if we keep having new people come in and just b***h about everything, then we're screwed.
2. Elitism and Favoritisim.
-Elitism hasn't been much of a problem as of late, or so it seems. All of the oldbies that are actually around anymore are in this "recreate AT" mindset... which is good.

Damn. My friend is here to pick me up. I will finish this later.

3. Trolling / Flame ratings?
-Too much, always. Threads like, "I'll tell you what I hate about your avatar" or "Why your avatar sucks" just seem stupid to me.
4. Oldbies vs Newbies... whats that all about?
-I haven't seen a whole lot as of late, other than the fact that the sheer number of incoming newbies is much overshadowing the rest of us.
5. Leaving threads, are they getting out of hand?
-No, I think leaving threads are fine in moderation. As long you include something to relate it back to AT I'm fine with it. It's understadable to want other's opinions before you go.
6. Tainted ratings, and Baised ratings.
-I hate that. Threads like "I'll rate you if you're wearing a donation item" are fine, but when you refuse to rate someone or give them low marks because YOU personally don't like the item you're being an a**. Or, when someone wearing two items comes into AT and recieves a ten because they're "known"... I'm not fond of that either.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:12 pm
1. Is the AT realy going to hell?
Probably not, I hope not anyway. It seems like the site is in a down spot, but I have faith in gaia
ug, just ug
stupid. If i wold give a low rating, I'll skip the number and just give a list of suggestions
it's silly, I think. An oldbie could suck and a newbie could be a cool person, and people are more likely to treat the older one better. If that made sense... sweatdrop
5. Leaving threads, are they getting out of hand?
Not to badly. They're annoying, but not the biggest thing in the world
6. Tainted ratings, and Baised ratings.
they're the ebil. I'm not well enough known to get them, thank god. I'd have to test outfits on mules to get an honst opinion. *shudder* oh, and I wont give them. I'd happily give a reg a 4 if they deserved it.

characteristic

[ddrfreek]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:42 pm
To be honest, I don't go into AT very often anymore, and when I do it's just to ask for a rate, and then I'm out. I don't know if I would be able to provide an up-to-date standpoint on those issues.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:19 am
CC is Male? YIKES!

BTW what do you think of Noraboo's temp sticky?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8752081

Refusing to rate someone because they didn't follow the thread's rules is fine, but not to give money back for a contest because they didn't is just ridiculous!  

Princess Nausicaa

Distinct Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Neko Pon Pon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:10 pm
1. Is the AT really going to hell?
I believe that the AT is just having a minor set back that has been ... well... been there for a long time. Whether if we can change it or accept it, we should at least try to make it better. AT is not just a forum, it's our "home"- and believe me... I don't think most of members there will want Hell as their Home.

Out of Hand, Seriously. CC has discuss with me about this before, she knows. gonk

We should not sweep down to their level and fight back with some insults. Actually, we should tell them our opinions about what is an actual "good" avatar should be. In that way, we can avoid conflict and also express our opinion. It is their issue to accept it or not.

I don't think it really matters too much now 'cept when we have some exception oldbies events... But other than that, I think all that really matters in this issue is if the person understands what a "good" avatar actually is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:17 pm
there's a raging topic on it right now and unfortunately it's become a bit personal and "olbie" is being thrown around like an insult.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14648959&page=3  

Princess Nausicaa

Distinct Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

PQ and Retrostacja

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:56 pm
User Image

I've never honestly considered myself an oldbie or anything like that for the longest time. It wasn't until last week that it hit me. I got pretty much all 10/10s, on an outfit I didn't even think was that good. Honestly I got real upset about it. You think giving good rates to 'popular' ATers would help, right?

Totally wrong, made me feel real bad. Ridiculous, I know. xp

User Image

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas