How do your relatives react? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GutzGuitar

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:14 pm
Where I am I'm the only person who dresses like me, so I get many glances...

My relitives well my mother states "Do not go to my house ever again looking like that!"
I think its hilarious, but I went back the next day!

Just tell them its you, and your you and so thats....you....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:56 pm
They think I'm being "childish"..... stare  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:38 am
Well, at first, my mom and dad got kind of iffy.
And as an exuse to get even more mad at me (grades dropping, depressed) they dissed my clothing.
So, somehow, a long the way, I changed, and so did my clothing style.
I like what I wear now, because no one else's style is like it.
More people tend to like it, but I miss my gothie days.
Which is why I'm trying to combine both.....?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:59 pm
so far, only my grandparents have really seen me gothic, and my grandma goes 'oh one day youll change your mind' gramps grumbles under his breath something about 'kids these days'. my other grandma totally freaks out and says i remind her of the time she was deoressed... wtf im not depressed!!!!!!  

0-X-Yours_Truly-X-0

gothkid82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:43 am
I get the same reactions myself, but I ignore them. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:13 am
my parents keep their mouths shut and leave it alone my other relatives ignore my existance and my gradma was curious as to why.  

Slautghtered_Peace

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:31 pm
my family hasnt seen me in YEARS! but i didnt change much really and they only seen pics of me now, they dont mind at all they love it really >:3 wewt.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

All my family outside of the immediate, don't give a damn how I dress.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

Sensei Sayuri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:24 pm
I was into an androgynous style for a long time. my grandmother told me: "If you ever come out of the closet like that Ellen Degeneres woman, you're out of the will."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:00 am
`Heaven
Usually when I go and see my relatives, and I'm dressed in all black, they just randomly stare at me, and go..."Why are you dressed like that? You're not gothic are you? You don't worship satan now do you? Hahahahaha....."

Really though, my question is "Why do they make such a big deal out of it, and think it's funny we have our own 'style'? (I guess you can say)

Discuss:
How do your relatives (aunt,uncle,grandparents,etc) react when they see you?

Grand mother dont care, grand dad dead, one uncle goth to begin with. Aunt just doesnt like to look at me long ( she likes colors), uncle tries to piss me off saying I look lick Jacson when I usually dress up military likness than stupid Mickechal.  

Hunter of the Dammed

2aetH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:51 am
Me and my parents have a spoken deal.

My relatives live a bit away from us. The closest is about 10-20 miles. I can wear whatever I want, chains, black, makeup, jewelry, etc. I can do whatever I want in terms of religious or political views. I can go to concerts if I let them know when I'll be back and where I'm at, who I'm with, etc.

AS LONG AS I tone it down when we meet up with all my relatives. Hell, my relatives are the most conservative assholes ever. Well, my cousins are cool, but my aunts... eek.

They complained one time that my hair was too short!!! I was frickin wearing regular khaki pants, a dress shirt, only one pair of earrings, thin eyeliner and foundation, regular tennis shoes... and I get that. XD

My parents aren't too fond of my relatives either, but we kinda go as a "hey, we don't hate you at all!" gesture.

They're more likely to bug me about my musical preferences though. Listen to this: so my aunt and uncle live in Little Rock, Arkansas. They know Amy Lee's family. You all know Amy Lee... that chick off that band Evanescence, whatever. So, they're here saying she sings "Christian" music, and I go, "no, it's not Christian. They even have articles stating otherwise." So she ignores me, and starts talking about how she and my uncle and my cousins got tickets for their home tour. So Evanescence had all the bands they toured with there at the final concert.

We have ourselves Evanescence, Three Days Grace... I think Hoobastank was there? Maybe Blue October or Buckcherry. You know, Alternative rock/hard rock, right?

So, my aunt actually made my cousins leave because, she "couldn't believe those bands!! They weren't playing decent music at all!! All that heavy metal stuff." gonk

That is exactly what she said. I was like, "I TOLD you they weren't Christian bands. Evanescence tours with rock bands, they are a rock band." She responds with, "do you know those bands?"
Of course I know those bands. A little light for my tastes, but I have some songs on iTunes.

"Well, you shouldn't be listening to that heavy metal(it's NOT metal) stuff. We don't want you taking drugs and wearing all black and crowd surfing... that's dangerous."

At this point, my mom interjects with a simple, "Lisa, you aren't her mom, I am." I <3 my mom. ^_^

But, yea.... I can't stand my aunts. They're all conservative Christians who listen to Country music, vote for the Republican party, and think black is reserved for funerals, if you get my drift. I hate to be stereotypical here... but... yea. They're rich, though... I'm trying to figure out how my uncles hooked up with them, seeing as the two I'm thinking of are more into Metallica and AC/DC than Garth Brooks. mrgreen

But I only see them once every year, so I don't worry about it tooo much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:51 am
My parents don't even like how I want to dress  

tears_of_blood_452

tamachan414

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:54 pm
i don't know how my relatives react, my mom won't let me dress in my happy clothes around them crying  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:31 pm
tamachan414
i don't know how my relatives react, my mom won't let me dress in my happy clothes around them crying

Well, the way my mom and dad put it: if I do something my relatives disapprove of around them, they won't mention it to me... but they WILL mention it to my parents, and nag them about it. Therefore, since my relatives would freak if I had the clothes I wear normally on, and my parents don't want to hear from them how they're somehow not raising me correctly, I get to wear normal-looking clothes. XD

Maybe that's why your mom won't let you dress the way you want around them?

2aetH

Asher_Scree

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:40 am
My father tries to accept I am who I am, but he not-so-secretly disapproves. My mother hates it with a passion, thinks it's making me 'mopey', and openly threatens to make me only wear white and throw away all my make-up and cds.
My other relatives... Just look at me kind of funny, but don't really say anything.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff