There's hypocrisy inherent in the system. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:11 pm
Veruniel
Keep in mind that not everyone here defines themself as goth. Sharing certain interests that are common in a particular subculture, and seeking out members of that subculture so you can discuss those interests, is not the same as using that subculture's labels to define yourself.

I think that needed to be said at this point. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:31 pm
hehe..... I love this kid. He makes me smile. lol. Anyways, I very much agree. I mean, all of us have our moments, but some just take it a bit over the top. Thankyou!  

Corpse_Bride_131

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:45 pm
I see my personality under the term, "goth", i guess...and I have plenty of friends who are goth all the same, but some ppl do go a little to far when concidering being, "goth". Its not all about black, and the looks and styles society may throw out at you with the chains, make-up, and looks...Personality is the main deal. I just see it as a style for ones personality, but ppl can put pressure on themselves and make it to much of a big deal.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:53 am
Look, I have no problems with people choosing their own life, or more importantly, choosing to lead it differently from me and my friends.

What I have something against, is people pretending to be what they are not to gain attention, or to gain popularity. And those exact people are the same that wants to kick me and people like me in the dust, just because of the way I wants to live!

I don't care if people look at me, what I have a problem with is looks saying: "Oh GOD, she just have to be like that because she dresses like that" or some of my family members not accepting, if not approving my choice of lifestyle. I have more understanding from my best-friend's grandmother and aunt than I have from my dad. It even got so bad I almost started crying in public when her aunt told me I was a great girl, and everyone in her family liked me a lot. When it gets so bad that you feel that no one accepts that you are a bit different, and that all you do is wrong, just because you are who you are, or more importantly, because of the way you dress, that I don't like.

I mean, I've never taken a look at another person and said: Oh, she's a snob, I don't like her. I take a look at her, thinks.. she looks a bit snobby, but okay, she might just like pretty and fashionable clothes? then I talk to her, and find out that, oh, she obviously doesn't like me without knowing me, no need to waste more time on her, although, usually it takes me longer time to dislike a person.

I basically live by the rule: "they don't bother me, I don't bother them" and normally I don't even bother them even when they bother.

And yes, sometimes I don't like the way people dress, or the way they are, but I'm not looking at them as if they are less worth than I am. We just don't share interests, and I can live with that.  

essenceofzedak

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces