Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Marrying decision: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play sims that: (as a majority)
  A) Marry other sims you made
  B) Marry NPCs
  C) Live alone.
View Results

Zee Shadowfox

Familiar Explorer

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:23 am
I'm not sure if I posted here before, but I love having my Sims marry npcs.

What I like to do is have the teenager go through college, and make friends in college. Then once he/she gets home, they call their college friends and have them live with them. From there I can find the college friends friends and invite them and so on until I find an NPC who looks good enough for my Sim to marry.

Although, I must admit that sometimes I don't like having NPC's live with me if they're going to bring in 100,000 Simoleans and a job that'll last them forever. If I do that, then there's no challenge and I end up moving to a nice little mansion and spending the rest of my sims life trying to max out all their skills before they die and leave all their money to family members. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:45 am
Most of the NPCs seem to be really ugly though.
I usually get them to marry other sims that I've made, though there are exceptions.  

Thorndrop

Dapper Genius

smgirl825

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:48 am
my simmies like to live alone... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. sad huh?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:09 am
I make a sims couple then let them have kids. they go to college. then they marry other offspring of couples i made. so pretty much i have my sims marry sims i've raised from birth. have lots of em. NPC's get on my nerves lol  

LOTR pro

shmarty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 am
I almost always have my Sim marry a NPC. It's because, it's easy, fun, and I don't have to make them, plus, they often have many friends or a good job, or skill points. And even if they aren't good looking, you can always get plastic surgery for them! xp  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:14 am
I do all three. For me it depends on teh sims personality. Though last time my sim married an npc i got some strange glitch where they just stood there and didn't want to interact with anything. @.@  

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

cerulean16

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:27 am
When I get bored with my Sim families, I throw in an NPC or two to mix up the genetics. Sometimes I get some *cough* interesting facial feature results. Also, I love how the NPC's come with free stuff and a lot of skills! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:46 pm
i have them marry other sims that i made. or at least have the teenagers date.  

kaiser321

iFae

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:08 am
When my and my dad find how to back up our sims2files... i will make a YA female with a female pet,make a house and have her move out after i did a money cheat a bazillion times.after she moves in,ill make a male YA with a male dog.combine the households together.make them have a relation ship.After they move out,the female asks the male to move in,then they get married,ave kids.get old,there kids have kids,and then we are doing a legacy with cheats ._.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 am
I like my sims to marry the prettier NPC's & townies, like Dagmar, Bella and Meadow (Using Boolprop to move her in).
Making my legacy sims marry my own sims don't present me with a challenge. I can't stand knowing that the child's going to have perfect genetics, so I like to mix it up a bit.

Yumi Angel I

Kaylee-Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:49 pm
I only let my sims marry the ones I make. I can never find a sims pretty enough for my sims, or with the right personality. I usually have a specific idea for what kind of sims i want my sims to marry, and very specific. instance- one of my sims had to marry a blonde with glasses who was very neat but very shy, and had to have the aspiration of family.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:12 am
True story... two beautiful sims I created.. had a BUT ugly baby alien ,... it was scary.. looked.. deformed  

Kittea

Liberal Bard

10,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:15 pm
i do a lil of both. if i can't get my sim to marry one of my own sims, then i resort to an npc sim.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:44 am
I like making my own sims vs npc's. The kids look alot better. xd  

Umi_Goddess

AuroraDreamer

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 pm
I usually don't care if I made the sim or not. I just let my sims marry whoever they find and have a chemistry with. I don't usually care how the kids look.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff