Gold?
Nahhhhhhhhhh
100%
 100%  [ 85 ]
Total Votes : 85

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:51 pm
Go on, lets find out what you all reckon about me.

I wear normal fit pants, with DM's or other steel toe boots. I usually wear either a white or black shirt over a t-shirt and have long brown hair, I mostly listen too Type O, Maiden and SoM. I like to lurk and loom around, and its not unheard of for me to wear a few finger guards. Though I don't really do the make up thing, save maybe black lipstick and nail polish every now and again.

What type of goth am I?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:13 am
Isel
Tsurianu Naru Nerusonu
GilAskan
Tsurianu Naru Nerusonu
Rawr I wear full black everyday and I paint my nails black what am I?

...that really suggests very little.

If that's your only defining characteristic, scenester or mallgoth.

However, that's only under the assumption that there are no other factors.
what else do you need to know to find out what type I am?

Everything else.
I wear pants never shorts, hair can cover both my eyes, and I listen to Cradle of Filth,Evanescence, and Nightwish, and I nevergo outside during day and I say sun ish bad and moon ish good.  

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

Frankendoll.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:11 pm
Oh, I dont get what's with all of these lable spin offs. -_-'' ''Goths with black shoes'' ''Goths with white shoes.'' They're all basically the same thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:32 am
Electrash
Oh, I dont get what's with all of these lable spin offs. -_-'' ''Goths with black shoes'' ''Goths with white shoes.'' They're all basically the same thing.

Some do have differences though. The sub-groups with the highest legitimacy (i.e. the ones who actually have pull) are those which are a cross of goth and another culture. For example, as I explained in my lengthy 1st-page post, cyber-goth is an overlap of the goth and futurist subcultures.

However, certain labels are pointless. "Fashion-goth", "Prep-Goth", "Perky Goth", (etc.) are labels based around superfluous fashion preferences and surface behavioral quirks.  

GilAskan
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:53 pm
GilAskan
Electrash

Some do have differences though. The sub-groups with the highest legitimacy (i.e. the ones who actually have pull) are those which are a cross of goth and another culture. For example, as I explained in my lengthy 1st-page post, cyber-goth is an overlap of the goth and futurist subcultures.

However, certain labels are pointless. "Fashion-goth", "Prep-Goth", "Perky Goth", (etc.) are labels based around superfluous fashion preferences and surface behavioral quirks.

Also music plays a part in goth classification, henc industrialists. Who listen mostly to industrial rock. (duh)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:59 pm
wait, is this the same as a "glam" goth??? 0o??  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:36 pm
what type of goth am i?

dress in black

wear black nailpolish

wears black makeup(i dont,bcuz i cant till highschool,but i would,so count that)

listen to punk,metal,death metal,emo,industrial,black metal

have an intrest in vampires,but not alot

have an intrest in anime,rping,manga ect.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:52 pm
Rellik San
Go on, lets find out what you all reckon about me.

I wear normal fit pants, with DM's or other steel toe boots. I usually wear either a white or black shirt over a t-shirt and have long brown hair, I mostly listen too Type O, Maiden and SoM. I like to lurk and loom around, and its not unheard of for me to wear a few finger guards. Though I don't really do the make up thing, save maybe black lipstick and nail polish every now and again.

What type of goth am I?

Hmm, the DMs throw you, no goth would choose steel-capped work boots when they can wear two cows on their feet instead.

Maybe goth metal-head
or metalhead goth
.. depending on which music is preferred, if it's a leaning towards the metal, you'd be goth metal
if the lean is towards goth, you'd be metal-goth (
suffix more important than prefix)  

Isobel Bellamy

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:55 pm
sashomeru78
what type of goth am i?

dress in black

wear black nailpolish

wears black makeup(i dont,bcuz i cant till highschool,but i would,so count that)

listen to punk,metal,death metal,emo,industrial,black metal

have an intrest in vampires,but not alot

have an intrest in anime,rping,manga ect.

Babybat whee ooor not goth at all - generic alternative (nothing wrong with that, most of the black-clad are)

To even be in a chance of gothdom you need to likee the goth music. Look up Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Cruxshadows, see if you like them (and don't fall asleep with your leanings towards the heavier side of rock), then maybe you'd develop a goth subgenre.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:34 pm
Rellik San
GilAskan
Electrash

Also music plays a part in goth classification, henc industrialists. Who listen mostly to industrial rock. (duh)

Indeed.

No matter what one argues about what goth is and isn't, it cannot be argued that music isn't a part of goth.

It was the music scene which spawned goth as we know it, and most of the subcultures of goth have some sort of musical identity, so to speak.  

GilAskan
Crew

-Isel-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:30 pm
Okay, I'll play into this "what kind of goth am I if I even am one".

-I wear pretty much any kind of makeup, any color.
-I've got a trenchcoat, a motorcycle jacket, and plenty of flannel.
-My thoughts lean towards manic-depressive.
-I apparently identify as "goth" on most "goth or not" tests.
-Drug addict (former).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:51 pm
Isel

-Drug addict (former).

Sort of sounds like punk goth... though your musical tastes may be different.
As for me, well...
*Wears no makeup
*Has interest in crafts - especially literature
*Tends to be in a fairly sarcastic mood, though I know when to care and show tenderness
*Mainly enjoys bands like (but not limited to... and some are of differing genres) Joy Division, Sex Gang Children, The Cure, Bleeding Through, Lamb of God, Pink Floyd, etc (I have others on my pro)
*Finds relaxation in the rain, in churches, and in cemeteries (though I rarely get to savor these things sweatdrop gonk )
*Observes how people behave; wonders whenever I look at a couple, "I wonder if one of them will deny having loved the other if they split"

I'm not even sure if those can fit into one category... I guess I'm a mutt. sweatdrop  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-Isel-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:56 pm
Dead Ed
Isel

-Drug addict (former).

Sort of sounds like punk goth... though your musical tastes may be different.
As for me, well...
*Wears no makeup
*Has interest in crafts - especially literature
*Tends to be in a fairly sarcastic mood, though I know when to care and show tenderness
*Mainly enjoys bands like (but not limited to... and some are of differing genres) Joy Division, Sex Gang Children, The Cure, Bleeding Through, Lamb of God, Pink Floyd, etc (I have others on my pro)
*Finds relaxation in the rain, in churches, and in cemeteries (though I rarely get to savor these things sweatdrop gonk )
*Observes how people behave; wonders whenever I look at a couple, "I wonder if one of them will deny having loved the other if they split"

I'm not even sure if those can fit into one category... I guess I'm a mutt. sweatdrop

Though, my music taste is "anything that took effort and skill to make".  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:57 pm
ok, i like bands like NIN and the cure, I dress in black dress shirts with a jack skellington shirt or something similar showing.i have a friendly, romantic disposition with somewhat of a dark streak. I have a fair obsession with dark fairytales and poetry. I do wear light clothing, but not much. I enjoy wearing a pair of fingerless gloves with zippers on them (the zippers dont serve a purpose really). I like having my hair to the side, fringed upwards. sound like anything?  

wickerseer

Aradia Wolfern

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:10 pm
what about the hyper goth like me...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items