Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[TL]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:45 pm
Awww! I have a bit of a soft spot for babies. Not children, though. I scar them with my stories.

I'd say be open-minded. Let them be who they want. Just make sure they don't go off and kill people.

Cuz that's bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:28 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Verienkeli
DieiNoctis
Relatively soon, a creature will tear it's way out from inside your abdomen. This being, this... podling as it were, will emerge covered your blood, letting out a fierce battle cry at it's victory. It will then subject you, its conquered, to its every whim, hounding you with its constant beck-and-call.
You know you'll love it though. Congratulations! xd

rofl That's an interesting description of childbirth! XD

But oh-so accurate, in a terrifying way eek

Oh my lord. That's GREAT! I'll shave to quote you on this. Thank you for the lovely statements!

Orias13
First off, I would like to congratulate you on your new addition!

Second, I would like to say you will have to think about how you want this child to be raised. Not the parenting style, but the environment. I have a few of examples:

1. My wife went to a Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer concert when she was pregnant with our daughter. As a result, when our daughter was distressed, the best way to calm her was to play either "Master of Puppets" or "Season's in the Abyss". This was also the "lullaby" music (and still puts her to sleep) we would give our babysitter. At first they wouldn't believe us, but after a couple of times when "normal" music didn't work, they tried it and were amazed that it put her right to sleep.

2. We chose not to have a television in our house for the first 3 years of our daughter's development. Because of that, she had to find other ways to amuse her brain. We also made a conscious decision to talk to her like we would anyone else. Meaning: no baby talk from us or anyone talking to her. By the age of 18 months, she was talking full sentences and reading children's books. By the time she was in school, she was reading at a 3rd grade level; and understanding what she was reading. All her other subjects (math, science, social studies, etc) were at a similar level.

3. I am a Goth, my wife is more of a Punk. Out daughter has incorporated both into her own style. Because we keep up on the "new" things and even introduce them to her, she has grown to have similar tastes as we do. This also means that we can go out together and have fun enjoying the same thing (such as a concert). In fact, when we go out together (she is now 14); if people don't know us, they think we are siblings.

I'm not saying you have to be loose in raising your child, you have to make a conscious decision on the environment. Remember that most of the most development is done at a younger age, so the more things you introduce them to, the better they will be at acceptance. We made sure we were in crowded areas a lot (Malls, College Cafeterias, etc). This made it easier for her to accept noise and "abnormal" conditions.

At least that is our experience.

This is VERY good advice.
Sadly, we had TV in our house and my baby sister Lily has fallen in love with it. She does not watch normal shows though, more movies like, "Finding Nemo", "Vegetales", "Monsters, Inc.", and "Shrek 1 & 2". She loves colourful movies and enjoys them.
Since she loved noises as a baby, she hung out in my room a lot and LOVES Rammstein and Techno. She enjoys dancing about so we have musik player for her often.
She enjoys running about. Sadly, we don't have much room in an apartment, but it's good running space for her and she enjoys my room (mainly due to numerous electronics). Plus, since she has hung out with me so much, she knows what parts go where in a computer, how to properly hold knives (did NOT intend for that at ALL she just watched me >_<). She knows how to fight with a lightsaber as well, and can take things apart.

She recently picked up a screwdriver and used it correctly.
So, what I'm saying is, have a way for this child to move about. I know it's been said, but this is CRUCIAL. Also, keep them away from Television! DO NOT LET THEM WATCH IT. If you do, make it RARE. TV SHOULD NOT be a babysitter at all. Nope.

Also, do in fact speak your child normaly. This really helps them develop speaking skills. Teach them other languages too. My old German teacher taught his first born daughter French, Spanish, German, and some other languages from birth to even know. She's only 5 and speaks all those fluently, including English. I ALSO suggest sign language, can increase job chances!

Help them learn to read. It is very important to their future. Also, work in some form of technology l ater on. A computer, or cars or stuff. Teach them how it works in and out if you can! Knowledge is key!!!!

Don't force religions on them. Help them research them as they grow up and begin to understand more about them. This is can help them grow and become more cultured.

Also, teach them about the way the Law works early on. Right and wrong applies here as well....This may prove key to their teenage years. I learned the hard way.

Communism is NOT BAD.

KEEP THEM OPEN MINDED! It helps them learn more.

Now, all this ties into your child's older life. Building their mindset, understanding, and knowledge. But what you need is INFANT knowledge.

This is really important, because babies are very weak. What you need to do, is embrace your mother with the truth. If she yells at you, let it happen. It will be a major shock to any parent. Then, let her calm down after a few days and talk her through if you want to keep it or not. If you decide to, ask her for your help on how to take care of this child. If she does not want to help you, then you need to stay strong. I suggest working as MUCH as you can right now. Get some money saved in. Have the father do so as well. He's a major part of this child's life. Now, if you need to learn how to feed them, hold them, put them to sleep, change diapers: There are NUMEROUS resources around you. During school, go to your day care place (if you have one) and have them teach you how to take care of children. They know a lot, espcially about disicpline. Or ask a fellow friend's mother or grandmother. There are many resources around you to help you learn.

Look up online, I bet you there are MANY videos teaching the rights and wrongs.

I really wish you luck. Parenting is not easy at all. This shall be a challenge of challenges. May your child be healthy.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas