Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
You know you're addicted to crafting when....... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you addicted?
  Duh!
  Well maybe.....
  Not me, I can quit whenever I like.
View Results

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:34 pm
...When your grandmother calls you to tell you that she's at an auction, and you spend an hour and a half telling her all the different colors and weights of yarn you want. And she brings them to you.

I love my grandma. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:34 pm
MicroMiniMuffins
...When your grandmother calls you to tell you that she's at an auction, and you spend an hour and a half telling her all the different colors and weights of yarn you want. And she brings them to you.

I'm jealous. Very.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:02 pm
......When your bed is completely covered in sewing projects so you sleep on the floor

......When all hard surfaces and your floor in your room are covered in craft items, so you expand your horizons and use the other rooms of the house to leave your stuff and use the hard surfaces in the other rooms to cut patterns.

......When you're trying to sleep and you suddenly think of a great idea of something to make, and you spend your valuable sleep time thinking of the design, the pattern, ect

......When all your friends get handsewn gifts

......When you have to do Market Day in world history and so you sew a bunch of plushies and sell them at the market day (I won most creative and my plushies sold fast, lol)

.......When you had an aweful day and your father asks if theres anything that will make you happy so you choose a trip to Michael's (This time it was for a new sketch book, then we hit up Quiznos)

......When your family members start offering you matterial and stuffing and other various crafting items because they know you'll have some sort of use for them

......When you see things and stores and it makes you want to try to make them yourself

......When you're watching anime and you see a cute plush toy so you make your own (I'm currently trying to make Evangeline's cute bunny plush toy, but I didn't have pink material, so I used green fleece, and it's really soft)

.......When you start trying to raid your mother's closet for her clothes because the material is juuuusssstttt right for your next project

......When you find that you don't have a certain color fabric, so you go to your mother and beg for clothes and socks and anything with the right color

......When you need black fabric to make the eyes for your Domokun block and you don't have any, and your mother doesn't have any, so you start cutting up headbands and whatever else you can find

......When you don't pay attention durring classes because you're too busy drawing patterns  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:46 pm
Jrocker Ali

......When your family members start offering you matterial and stuffing and other various crafting items because they know you'll have some sort of use for them
How bout when your boyfriends family does that? rofl  

gemini6184

Minathia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:15 pm
you figure out a way to crochet in the bath without getting the yarn wet at all...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:09 pm
Minathia
you figure out a way to crochet in the bath without getting the yarn wet at all...

HOW?!?! I must know!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

pheonixearth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:26 pm
All your clothes are crafted, and you find a way to cut the ones that aren't into strips of fabric, tie them together, and use it as yarn to make more clothes.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:14 pm
Minathia

surprised How?  

Wings Akimbo

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:51 pm
You keep several projects in your bottom desk drawer so if you get to frustrated with your homework you can knit out your frustrations instead of screaming.

You will tell your friends in detail everything that's wrong about the "crafting" on World of Warcraft.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:18 pm
MicroMiniMuffins

Color me lime green with jealousy!

Minathia

Do tell, inquiring minds want to know.....

I will update this thread sometime soon. I just spent 4 days away from home pet sitting for a friend and am working on getting caught up with things.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Minathia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:28 am
storyfromthestars
Minathia

HOW?!?! I must know!

LOL! so many people want to know! it was really simple, i just had the ball of yarn on the floor next to the tub, and was only crocheting little squares. it wasn't easy, though. i took the bath cuz my legs had muscle cramps, and by the end my arms had muscle cramps instead! sweatdrop i had this plastic lapdesk when i was a little kid though, and i'm going to try and find one like that. then i'll actually have a place to set down the stuff i'm working with! rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:53 am
... you have a standing agreement with your professors/teachers that you can craft in class so long as you also participate in discussion

... you explain to your profs on the first day that it's not a sign of disrespect, you just think better with your hands moving.

... you figure out how something is made "just for fun".  

Blue-eyes-green

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:09 am
Blue-eyes-green
... you have a standing agreement with your professors/teachers that you can craft in class so long as you also participate in discussion

... you explain to your profs on the first day that it's not a sign of disrespect, you just think better with your hands moving.

That will be me when I next take academic classes. (I currently crochet in only one class- my history of industrial design class)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:23 pm
Blue-eyes-green

I had that in High School, but I try not to in my college classes. I don't think the teachers would like it. Except maybe one or two...And those are the child development teachers that understand how people learn.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:36 pm
storyfromthestars
Blue-eyes-green

I had that in High School, but I try not to in my college classes. I don't think the teachers would like it. Except maybe one or two...And those are the child development teachers that understand how people learn.

I'm the other way around. I always tried not to in my highschool classes, cause i only had one teacher who seemed like she'd be cool with it. In college, as long as i'm not taking notes, i'm working on a scarf.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff