Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
*tear* Oh Dan why are you doing this to us?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OH DAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
View Results

homeless_kiwi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:11 am
daniel is this actor, harry potter is my love
all that daniel does, harry will not
daniel does stuff for his career
but harry does stuff for his life
true, daniel is harrys image,
but daniel has his own way
daniel has 2 personalities,
harrys and his
he was using his personality in doing equus
and he was smokin hot, no matter what pp; say....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:43 pm
To me I say each his own, but he is growing up and he can’t keep doing young kids stuff he needs to grow up and do adult stuff as well it will make him a more rounded actor in the long run.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:49 pm
I read about it. It is supposed to be amazing...and he isnt making love to a horse. he just loves horses and blinded 6 of them biggrin some weird s**t.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:57 pm
Aari-chan
He ought to have the opportunity to make himself Daniel Radcliffe, rather than the actor who played Harry Potter. By doing controversial plays and movies, he's creating a name for himself and he's also showing directors and such how much he is willing to do for his job. That shows passion for his career, not taint.

Besides... he looked damn fine when those pictures of him from Equus appeared.

I heard about it...what is the play exactly about? It sounds interesting. True what is said...he can't be Daniel Radcliffe the boy who played Harry Potter, he has to be able to do other things. He has to demonstrate his full potential as an actor, what he's really made of. He's fairly young, so he's got a bit to go, but even so...this is defeneatley a start; just because we're so use to seeing him as this "kid", playing Harry Potter our favorite protagonist in a book...doesn't mean he can't be one of our favorite actor's doing something else. He's come along way actually...and I just hope he keeps on growing as an actor...if he keeps it up...he will be incredible by movie 7...and I know he will be magnificent actor in what ever he does...as well as the other young one's he's acted along with.  

morbid_beauty

Charli Harte

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:04 am
I think it is great that he is extending his career, but he shouldn't do it in that type of moie. He is trying to break the Harry Potter mold, and that was not the way to go.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:52 pm
This is to all of you who believe that Equus isn't a good decision for breaking the mold. Why not? Because he's in the nude? That shows a comfort with his body and a security that most adults don't have, let alone teenagers. Also, As someone else said, the human body is a work of art. Haven't you ever seen Michealangelo's Sistine Chapel? Or David? They're classic pieces of art portraying the human body. Without clothing.

And also, "Why is dan doing this to us?!!!" He's not. He's doing it for himself. He's not required to have every move passed through the shallow ideas you have about what's decent for art. He should do this. He's exploring the mind of a very disturbed young man, and by doing so, he's learning compassion, acceptance, and empathy. This character is scary. He's playing someone who's not normal. And that will be a valuable and memorable lesson for him, that ought to last throughout his entire life.

Aari-chan

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:06 am
Aari-chan
This is to all of you who believe that Equus isn't a good decision for breaking the mold. Why not? Because he's in the nude? That shows a comfort with his body and a security that most adults don't have, let alone teenagers. Also, As someone else said, the human body is a work of art. Haven't you ever seen Michealangelo's Sistine Chapel? Or David? Their classic pieces of art portraying the human body. Without clothing.

And also, "Why is dan doing this to us?!!!" He's not. He's doing it for himself. He's not required to have every move passed through the shallow ideas you have about what's decent for art. He should do this. He's exploring the mind of a very disturbed young man, and by doing so, he's learning compassion, acceptance, and empathy. This character is scary. He's playing someone who's not normal. And that will be a valuable and memorable lesson for him, that ought to last throughout his entire life.

I agree. And the reviews for it were through the roof. so...its supposed to be amazing. Emma Watson stated she thought he was insane, but when she went to see it she was in awe. she said it WAS truly amazing. wonderful acting. just because someone gets a little nude once and a while, do we have to act like kids?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:49 pm
guy_lover_450
...and i was like WTF Dan isnt supposed to do that!!

so youre saying that just because he played harry that its not proper for him to branch out in other less 'acceptable' genres? he cant base his entire acting career on harry potter. the series will end...and then what?  

Renegade Jarlaxle

Hotohori_lover_2006

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:45 pm
I'm glad that he is extending his reach as an actor.....But a play where he makes love to horses???? WFT?????? What happened to Danny???? gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:39 pm
Hotohori_lover_2006
I'm glad that he is extending his reach as an actor.....But a play where he makes love to horses???? WFT?????? What happened to Danny???? gonk

he doesnt make love to horses. he LOVES horses as pets. he gets naked. he blinds 6 horses. ya  

Rand-Alth0r

mostly_harmless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:59 am
I think it's great that he's breaking away from the hp typcast. His role in Equus showed the true extent of his abilities as an actor. And to the guy who said that Dan was basiclly a prostitute because he was being paid to simulate sex, thousands of actors are paid do the same in films all the time. Whats the difference really?
He is 18. He's not going to stay a kid forever just because people still want to think of him as Harry Potter. If anything it would make him grow up faster.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:38 am
Chris Superstar
Harry Potter isn't real, and Daniel Radcliffe is an actor who should be allowed to take on any roles he wants. The fact that he plays fictional characters doesn't make him a role model, and if he wants to do Equus (which is a very long running and famous play) more power to him. That's what he does for a living, he's not the roles he plays.

agreed. i think he should do what he wants to do. i want to see equus so bad...  

xXBunnyPrincessXx

princess_slytherin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:36 pm
ok  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:31 pm
I think it's funny how most of the people saying gross and he's not supposed to do that don't know a thing about the play.  

iBarty

Aged Humorist

9,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200

popularchris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:31 am
lol y does everyone like dan so much lol and the whole naked movwas sort of gross my freind went to see it and well i didnt let her talk about it !!!!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff