Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Your own personal Sactuary? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

exeno rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:04 pm
Mine's just listening to music and doing random things on the computer when no one's home, cause the computer's in the living room. When people are home it's either sitting outside on the bench swing and reading, thinking, and maybe listening to music or in my room doing the same.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:23 pm
Dupont Circle. Especially at 3AM. When it's all nice quiet and cool outside. My favourite Coffe shop and Bookstore is located a block from there. If you're ever in D.C you should go there(Both to Dupont and Kramers). The northside of DC is wonderful it makes me feel like I belong.

I love my head too. LaharlLand is the best. I wish I could show it to everyone.

Laharl Part Deux

DR490N

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:30 pm
my bedroom would be my own kind of sanctuary. i have several magickal wards and seals and spells placed here to keep spirits out. this is the safest place i know of. i sit, listen to music, watch tv, and do all kinds of research on everyting from magick to therianthropy to philosophy to music to history, and everything in between.

theres the largest graveyeard in the city as well(it's really more like a park), with all kinds of graves on it...some pagan ones, some ones in all different languages, some freemason graves, and a big grave in a hill. the place is full of all kinds of spirits, mostly children(i found the grave of one of them once, a little girl with blonde hair. i think her name was cynthia or something like that), so it's not as calm a place.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:34 am
Old Swedes (Gloria Dei) Cemetery.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Before it got torn down, the abandoned Byberry Mental Hospital.

The Morgue AKA Hahnemann Hospital at 5th & Reed.

The abandoned Eden Hall Chapel.

I also love Shot Tower, The Spot near Rizzo Rink, and this area behind the houses on St. Michael's Drive near 5th Street in Philly.  

MediaclCunt

Angelique le Gauthier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:37 pm
Mine would have to be the woods behind me house. There are a lot of animals that live out there, and it's always quiet. I built a small clubhouse-ish thing out there, and I go there to read, write, ect. I have a small spot out there for meditation, too. My friend has a garden at the opening of the woods full of her herbs and plants (she uses them for healing spells and such.) It's really a magical place, and it's my only escape from the world.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 pm
My backyard after dark, or a cemetary about five minutes walk from my house.  

necromancy14

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:27 am
At home, I never feel the need to "get away".

At college, I go to the cemetery.

And at all times: in front of the TV with my gaming consoles.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:21 pm
My sanctuary is inside my head. I move around a lot so I don't really have a place to call sanctuary. So I made my own little world. It's nice to be there, but have to leave it every morning. xp  

MiZeRy-WhisperS

Fashionable Elder

GEMOBOY1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:08 am
a corner in my school yard  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:43 am
I like my bedroom and the cemetery a block from my house.  

Sorinchako

fallen_moon_angel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:33 am
Medow behind my house...I love going in it at night especially..its awesome and sometimes i even hear coyotes in the distance...I do pretty much everything there, drawing, reading, music...and the best part is, no one except me goes in it...Its definantly a sanctuary  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:28 am
i find the more removed i am from people the better i can concentrate, the closer i am to nature and animals the more comfortable i feel, and the more quiet it is the better i can meditate.  

DR490N

xPanzerFaust19x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:47 pm
I'd have to say my room, unless someone disturbs me..  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:52 am
My whole city. When stuff gets too dramatic at my house, when everyone's bitching and complaining, I just go out and walk around the whole town(Mind you, I live in an offshoot of Houston. Pretty big area here.)

I go in the fields and backways and places no one really gives a s**t about. I go to the torn down buildings and abandoned warehouses, the ditches behind neighborhoods and the bridges taken over by nature... to the walls covered in graffiti and the retention ponds most only think drainage from the fields flow to.

And then I just sit out there and stare at the stars, calm down, and go back and face it all. Helps like you wouldn't believe.

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Endlos Blut Staub

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:03 pm
Well,
When I lived in Japan, there was a school right next to my house, and I would walk down to the playground that was furthest (sp?) away from it and sit on the tire swing and look at the moon.
It was the best place to go, think, listen to music, write, everything. And cause the clearing was so great, I had so much moon light, made me really happy.

Sadly, I had to move away from my magical island last year and move into the suburbs of a crap hole town, where I have no natural sactuary, but my room has proven suitable enough and I am content with what I have. I just wish I had a tire swing again. xP  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff