Yay
  nay
  what are you, crazy?! ew!
  mm, yummy, gimmie
View Results

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 pm
nightwing773
I hear this big time. I'm wierd, I have a weird body type. I'm five foot 10 inches tall, and my measurements are perfect. 36, 24, 36. I would happily wear a size 4 to 7 in juniors, but most are too short for me. so size 8 us in womens. bigger if I feel like being wonderfully comfortable.

With those measurements, invest in a corset hun, knock 'em dead rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:04 pm
the "perfect" measurement are 36-24-36

that's crazy  

Rainbow Shrapnel

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:12 am
lysseee
DarkPrincesa
I would just like to add that I saw on MSNBC on a article about how too thin models are all in the media and how everyone is flipping out about how they could cause girls ot be anorexic.... BUT how only 1% of the U.S population has anorexia and 2/3rd of the population are overweight or obese. Which are both statistics I have heard before but never put together.

We tell people who are overweight that they are beautiful despite all the serious health problems that go along with it... but girls who are thin are stigmatized as being anorexic even if they are not. Does anyone else see a double standard?

good point. but you see there are a big differences between those two. Anorexia is an eating disorder with psychological roots, and these people are becoming ill mainly because of social constructs. anorexia is an illness and it is that illness that causes them to be too thin and die of several weakness-related diseases. becoming obese is just a result of lifestyle; you don't watch what you eat and you're living a life that doesn't require you to move much AND you've been doing this for 8-10 years.... it's not an illness that causes you to be obese, in fact obesity is not really an illness, it's a condition that is dangerous for your health.
my point is; i don't think it will be wise to compare these two.

on a sidenote; obesity is related to mindless consumption. and mindless consumption is what big corporations would like us all to be doing. the only reason that they have started to talk about obesity on the media -which is just a side branch of these corporations- and are trying to somewhat stop people from getting morbidly obese is because people have started to sue these corporations. they say things like "the strain on the health system is too much" etc. but none of them gives a s**t about the strain on the health system.

as for that figures; whenever i see a research result on the papers or television i ask "who payed for it?", because it really says a lot about the credibility of said research. you see an article on the paper saying "scientists have said that 45g of chocolate everyday makes you happy/decreases the possibility of a heart attack/cures aids/etc" you think wow. then you read more carefully, who did the research? nestlè. talk2hand

I am not comparing anorexics to obese people; I am comparing naturally thin people to obese people. To people who go and exercise and maintain a decent wait to those who don’t do a damn thing are overweight and then give that thin person a hard time.

I mean that fat person can tell the thin person she is underweight and make her feel bad (as in the case of a friend of mine who cant gain weight) but if you dare tell and overweight person she isn’t absolutely beautiful…. Well you are rude and nasty and don’t care. Yet both sides of the spectrums (mental illness aside) have the same body image issues.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 am
DarkPrincesa
I am not comparing anorexics to obese people; I am comparing naturally thin people to obese people. To people who go and exercise and maintain a decent wait to those who don’t do a damn thing are overweight and then give that thin person a hard time.

I mean that fat person can tell the thin person she is underweight and make her feel bad (as in the case of a friend of mine who cant gain weight) but if you dare tell and overweight person she isn’t absolutely beautiful…. Well you are rude and nasty and don’t care. Yet both sides of the spectrums (mental illness aside) have the same body image issues.

O.o... this could be because of the fact that i live in limbo, but here it is equally rude to comment on anyone's weight whether if they're under or over weight.
but it's really rare for someone to be so thin that they would be uncomfortable with their weight since being thinner and thinner is the socially preferrable state. i think it's harder on the overweight person to hear a comment on their weight because even if you're just a bit pudgy it makes you 'ugly'.  

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:52 am
DarkPrincesa

How do you know that that obese person doesn't look after themselves? Granted it is far more common for overweight people to not exercise, some are actually fit, just they eat a heck of a lot. And others still can't help it with medical problems (again, a small minority) - I used to be on some wicked nasty drugs that made me a little porker, and people thought it was because I ate as much as a whale.

It's not ok to insult someone because of their weight (over or under) but I see no problem in raising questions as to why people are like that, and the modern culture of ultra-skinny people frankly, worries the hell out of me because it is teaching people that they are ugly and fat when they clearly arn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:41 pm
Isobel Bellamy
DarkPrincesa

How do you know that that obese person doesn't look after themselves? Granted it is far more common for overweight people to not exercise, some are actually fit, just they eat a heck of a lot. And others still can't help it with medical problems (again, a small minority) - I used to be on some wicked nasty drugs that made me a little porker, and people thought it was because I ate as much as a whale.

It's not ok to insult someone because of their weight (over or under) but I see no problem in raising questions as to why people are like that, and the modern culture of ultra-skinny people frankly, worries the hell out of me because it is teaching people that they are ugly and fat when they clearly arn't.

I wasn't talking about the people who are a little pudgy. There’s is a range on either side which I think looks fine.

I did make a bad assumption there implying that overweight people don’t exercise and another one that you overlooked... that thin people do exercise... because it could be equally true that thin people don’t and just naturally have a high metabolism.  

DarkPrincesa

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:48 pm
DarkPrincesa

I wasn't talking about the people who are a little pudgy. There’s is a range on either side which I think looks fine.

I did make a bad assumption there implying that overweight people don’t exercise and another one that you overlooked... that thin people do exercise... because it could be equally true that thin people don’t and just naturally have a high metabolism.

Yups, my sis is like that gonk Though, I also have a problem with maintaining weight, highly annoying when you buy clothes and they don't fit two months later stressed

Though, with people that are slender but don't exercise, if you note what they eat it's far healthier and in less quantity than that of larger people. It's mostly about diet really, you can exersise your butt off but if you eat Mc donalds exclusively you're still going to be less healthy than someone that eats salad and greens  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:54 pm
Isobel Bellamy

Yups, my sis is like that gonk Though, I also have a problem with maintaining weight, highly annoying when you buy clothes and they don't fit two months later stressed

Though, with people that are slender but don't exercise, if you note what they eat it's far healthier and in less quantity than that of larger people. It's mostly about diet really, you can exersise your butt off but if you eat Mc donalds exclusively you're still going to be less healthy than someone that eats salad and greens

That is true... and thin doesnt always mean healthy... I mean people can be out of shape and thin... its just harder to notice.  

DarkPrincesa

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:03 pm
DarkPrincesa

That is true... and thin doesnt always mean healthy... I mean people can be out of shape and thin... its just harder to notice.

Yeah, there was a study done I remeber *no references though* and it found that some thin people had fatty deposits around their organs, making them unhealthier than larger people that exercised and had fatty deposits under skin, boy were they annoyed  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:18 pm
Isobel Bellamy

Yeah, there was a study done I remeber *no references though* and it found that some thin people had fatty deposits around their organs, making them unhealthier than larger people that exercised and had fatty deposits under skin, boy were they annoyed

Its funny how society can change our expecations of beauty. I mean the look people now chase is really unhealthy, were as back years and years (I mean years and years) people were encouraged to be overweight to show they were healthy and had money... where as thin was seen as sickly and disgusting!  

DarkPrincesa

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:37 pm
I'm a size zero and at a good weight for my age and height.
"Most, if not all woman are under weight?"
confused
I don't think so.
I don't care about what I eat.
If I'm hungery I'll eat it!
Still I'm very thin but have enough meat that you can't count my ribs or see my pelvis line.
I didn't ask to be thin and I feel it doesn't matter if you are.
All that matters is how you're doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:49 am
Mz.Wiggles
I'm a size zero and at a good weight for my age and height.
"Most, if not all woman are under weight?"
confused
I don't think so.
I don't care about what I eat.
If I'm hungery I'll eat it!
Still I'm very thin but have enough meat that you can't count my ribs or see my pelvis line.
I didn't ask to be thin and I feel it doesn't matter if you are.
All that matters is how you're doing it.

^What she said. I have nothing against people that are naturally thin, it's more how our society has dictated the view of "beauty", something which is completely subjective. To be beautiful you need to have a size 10 (US 6) or below waistline to be even considered beautiful in the world's media, something which is not natural to all women.  

Isobel Bellamy

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:32 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Any woman thinner than like 80 pounds is WAY to thin and nees serious help.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:30 pm
well...im tall and i have a fast motabolism. so im naturally skinny  

The Reused

Origin-of-Fire

Romantic Flatterer

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 pm
A size 0 is still to big around my calfs. But i can fit into pretty much anything with my 11 inch waist size, but thats just because i have a fast matabolism  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff