Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
English teachers who can't spell. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Igdra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:05 am
I have a similar problem with my english teacher. I won't go into details because, I know that recording every mistake she makes isn't fair, but yea I notice them. She's supposably the best teacher in the school, and her pronunciation IS better, at least she doesn't say Mr. Smith as "Meester Smiss", like the other teachers, but the things she says really don't sound right, to me, and her spelling isn't the best either =/. I have tried to voice my opinion but last time I told her that as far as I knew cheeky wasn't spelled with a "ck", she called me (roughly translated) "professor woman" O.o I don't think many people can take being corrected, especially from someone who is younger and, someone you're supposed to be teaching. One thing you could do is wait until the class is over and talk to her afterwards, so she's not embarassed in front of the whole student body at least. =P
I hope that next year I'll get an english teacher more to my liking...Until then I can only cower in my chair and try not to look directly at the board ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:58 pm
With, perhaps, the exception of elementary school, I don't recall having any English teachers who made errors that I noticed. A couple of my teachers in high school were quite good at English, so I'm glad I had them. (Although their classes were a bit on the hard side...)  

Fuku Taichou

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces