Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haeros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:21 pm
I am a Christian, I say that now. I have no offense against those who don't believe, and I am not saying that you need to believe, but there are people out there who accept bisexuals and pagans and any other people of any sort. I just don't like people or Christians that try to force others into their religion, and do not accept people who they want to be. There, I am done.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:02 pm
I'm not Christian. Never have been, never will be. Organized religion makes me sick, and evangelicals are the most arrogant, presumptuous jackasses on the planet to assume that their religion is the only right one and they have to "save" everyone else from having seperate beliefs. Ugh.

Plus, Jesus said in the Bible to worship in private and not parade your faith around and pray in public. So I never got the point of a church. I always thought church should be more like Quaker meetings.  

Kristoya

littoswtangvil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:05 pm
well... I see, I'm not christian  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:21 pm
DR490N
eh...celtic pagan here. i was raised christian, but never really found it to be completely right, and saw alot of contradiction within the book, books to preaching, and historically, so i don't believe in it anymore. i started seeking more self oriented paths, and eventually found myself drawn to the religion of my ancestors after finding that it already suited my independantly developed beliefs.

oh, and my gods actually care about their people and will actually have conversations with and directly help us, so that's a plus.

I'm Wiccan/Pagan as well, but I also incorperate the non-contradictory parts of the Christian religion in with my practices. I was baptised Lutheran Christian but chose to be Wiccan, the bible made no sense to me. But at any rate, I consider myself to be mostly Wiccan, so....whatever.  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

kat-fks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:10 pm
well at this moment I really don't know what I am but if anything I'd say Wiccan. the only thing i hate is when people try to force their religion down your throat.

like once went to visit family in hawaii, well we stayed at hotel in the tourist part of town. just walking down the street, when a group of people start handing me flyers. Asked me my religion and I told them wiccan. they started yelling at me that I was going to burn in hell for my sin.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:19 pm
Yea, we have alot in common. I used to be a christian, but now im not. Im like semi-satanic agnostic(or atheast, not really sure which) philosipher.

Anyway, now I know god hates me lol  

DarkPhsycotic

Analei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:58 pm
to me, god and religion is the same as santa clause and the tooth fairy. it's a very nice concept, one that everyone wants to believe, but in the end, you know you're being decieved, and so you lose faith. gradually you realize that all that is certain is that we are born, we live, and we die.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Analei
to me, god and religion is the same as santa clause and the tooth fairy. it's a very nice concept, one that everyone wants to believe, but in the end, you know you're being decieved, and so you lose faith. gradually you realize that all that is certain is that we are born, we live, and we die.

Same here! biggrin  

DarkPhsycotic

starkespada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:14 pm
im Atheist.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:31 pm
I am not Christian. However, I was a Jehovah Witness until I was twelve, but now I am Agnostic.

I've had all kinds of religious twists and turns in my life. Last year, I was atheist, but the title didn't quite seem to fit me, so then I read up on this religion my World History teacher meationed in class and was like, "...wow, that's me..." and yeah, here I am!
sweatdrop

Recently though, I've started reading up on Satanism, and it isn't as bad as everythinks [of course]. The gist I got from it was that ther isn't an all-powerful God up in the sky, by promotes the idea that you, yourself, are your own God. I liked that.

Bakurish

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:32 pm
I'm an atheist/wiccan/pagan/wise woman[I'm of the "wise woman" tradition.] I was raised without a religion, and I slam the door on door-to-door preaching, [I hate proselytizing!!!] But I am not at all against christianity. I once thought about getting myself baptised, but then I discovered Wicca and I didn't....but practically all of my friends are either christians or christian-pagans. Probably because my town is composed of dozens of churches.[My favorite church is down by the beach--it's really big and it's stained glass is beautiful when the sun is shining.]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:37 pm
Tari_Leralonde
I'm an atheist/wiccan/pagan/wise woman[I'm of the "wise woman" tradition.] I was raised without a religion, and I slam the door on door-to-door preaching, [I hate proselytizing!!!] But I am not at all against christianity. I once thought about getting myself baptised, but then I discovered Wicca and I didn't....but practically all of my friends are either christians or christian-pagans. Probably because my town is composed of dozens of churches.[My favorite church is down by the beach--it's really big and it's stained glass is beautiful when the sun is shining.]

Mmm, that sounds beautiful... I'd like to see something like that once. All the churches we have around here are just ugly, view-obscuring brick buildings.
confused  

Bakurish

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 pm
Bakurish
Tari_Leralonde

Mmm, that sounds beautiful... I'd like to see something like that once. All the churches we have around here are just ugly, view-obscuring brick buildings.
confused

*cringes* I hate those. The churches up here in Alaska [yes, I said Alaska] tend to be very beautiful on the coastal cities. There is one that has this huge stain glass window with the scene of the Last Supper on it, and when the sun shines through it it makes everything glow with all these different colors; it's my second-favorite church.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:11 pm
I never really considered myself Christian, I really don't have a religion, I just like little parts of many religions. I am mainly Buddist though
smile  

one_smart_cucumber

DracoSofy

Liberal Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:26 pm
Well i am catholic, but not 100% because i know the church had mess up a lot of things in name of God, I believe in him, but i prefer to dont go by the Church's rules, and follow him in a "open mind" way  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff