Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
Trying to prove a point! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do Aussies usually wear shoes, or do you prefer to be barefoot?
shoes
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Barefooot
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Munchun-pimpette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:41 am
i wear shoes i mean i dont know ani aussie that wear not shoes out side  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:45 am
I prefer barefoot, when I can....but for sensibility reasons, its normally shoes.  

Arsenic Lace

Phobophile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:25 pm
night_shadowMistress
I prefer barefoot, when I can....but for sensibility reasons, its normally shoes.

*agrees*  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:29 pm
DNA_Guru
Well to a certain extent it is to do with History. Ondaatje wrote 'The English Patient' which you might know was transcribed to the silver screen
'In the Skin of a Lion' is more or less about the marginalised peoples of Toronto in the early 20th Century.
I will admit to you, he isn't as descriptive as Tolkien, but he writes really well. It's a great book in terms of it's richness. 3nodding

But yeah, I think you'd like it. You seem the sort of person that would appreciate a well written piece of literature. whee

Hmm ... I guess whilst I'm here at the library I'll have to look up his name, then. *smiles brightly* I won't be able to take anything out right now (already reading about five books, plus I'm only stopping here between jobs long enough to let people know I'm still alive (only the most important on my list are finding out, though *winks*)).

I do definitely appreciate a good read from time to time. As much as I love my Fantasy genre, I also like delving into things a little more thought provoking and intellectual.

Anywho, must dash. I'll comment on the other thread too in the relatively near future! *huggles and kisses on cheek*  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers