Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Musings on Crafts (now with Pics!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:06 pm
he he.... I have the same problem if I try knitting to RENT- not the whole sword fighting thing, but I sing along too much and loose count.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:16 am
*chuckles* I also found that knitting to Ninja Turtles AND mXc are bad ideas. Good thing this hat is getting felted.

Why we had netflixed that particular combination of DVDs I don't know, but it sure was fun.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:14 pm
PotC is a huge issue for me. Cuase I and my students performed to music from it my last year as a dance teacher. So my mind wonders to steps and counting and costumes. Which inveitably turns me into the ADD crafter. Its all so interesting, how is a girl to choose one craft? And as I have 2 scarfs in progess, a purse in progess, a crocheted blanket, in progress, and about a dozen more ideas in my head, theres always something shiny to work on. ><

I finally stopped listening ot music while working unless I'm sewing. Otherwise, I watch old TV episodes on DVD on my laptop. Then the mindlessness lets me do just one thing. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:19 am
I know that feeling. I always start costumes and then get a few pieces finished before I move on to the next thing.

Then again if you pick a costume that's popular year after year you can make one or two pieces for it every year.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:43 pm
New Musing:

"One of Us"

I went into the yarn store the other day after attending the local knitting guild. usually when in the yarn store (because I'm younger than the average knitter) the lady behind the desk kind of hovers - like she's worried that I might pick some wonderful yarn and then end up wasting it. But today she just let me browse. When I purchased my yarn there was another lady who was new in the store who checked out just before I did. The lady behind the counter was polite but after the customer left she wondered out loud where some people stored all thier unused yarn. I joked and said I had quite a stash myself but she smiled at me and replied "Yes, you you make stuff with all of yours" referencing what I had shown her at the guild.

As I left (after a long conversation about Cats and yarn and such) it hit me: I hd somehow passed into a random customer into "one of the knitters"

It strikes me that in order to become friends with a serious knitter (or crafter of any sort) all you have to do is show them that you make things. You don't just pose or pretend. I suddenly have lots of older ladies to talk to and knit with because I'm part of the group. It was weird. But cool.

So... for conversation has anyone ever had that feeling?  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:36 pm
Ok. Fair Isle has sucked out soul.

I learned how to knit continental. I still don;t do my regular knitting in contenintal... but I immediatly applied my knowledge for evil and started to do two handed fair isle.

It is *so* fun....  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:31 pm
Today, as I was knitting, I suddenly thought,
" MMmmm.....french fries would taste sooo good right now" sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 pm
Clear Bubble

Mmmm... french fries...

dangit xd  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:37 am
YourAzureGoddess
Clear Bubble

Mmmm... french fries...

dangit xd
lol. Yesterday I was working on a blanket for my daughter and thought "Mmmm cheesecake. >_> <_< Do we have any of that no-bake stuff left?" then I look down at my knitting to find I dropped a stitch in my food daydream. luckily I could still pick it up. X3
My musing for today, food daydreams + knitting = not good for Silver. Wait is that a musing? I'm confusing myself xd *runs off to find that cheesecake mix*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:25 pm
Random (evil) crafting thought from earlier today~
"I must never reveal how easy this pattern is to do, or people will stop complementing me on how awesome it looks"

In my defense, the pattern does involve weaving many, many loose ends  

Blue-eyes-green

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:22 pm
Silver Sunrise
Yesterday I was working on a blanket for my daughter and thought "Mmmm cheesecake. >_> <_< Do we have any of that no-bake stuff left?" then I look down at my knitting to find I dropped a stitch in my food daydream. luckily I could still pick it up. X3
My musing for today, food daydreams + knitting = not good for Silver. Wait is that a musing? I'm confusing myself xd *runs off to find that cheesecake mix*

Oooh... the cheeseckae... It calls to me. I had to make cheesecake brownies.

I have heard of people who reward themselves for knitting with snacks... that seems a bad idea, especially if the reward involves cheesecake.

Blue-eyes-green

Random (evil) crafting thought from earlier today~
"I must never reveal how easy this pattern is to do, or people will stop complementing me on how awesome it looks"

In my defense, the pattern does involve weaving many, many loose ends

oh, I love patterns like that!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:35 am
It's a dish-cloth pattern that involves alternating bands of color and carrying stitches- I'm making them as a house warming present for a friend, who, for the most part, I'm sitting next to while knitting them. i love doing that to people.  

Blue-eyes-green

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:37 am
YourAzureGoddess
Oooh... the cheeseckae... It calls to me. I had to make cheesecake brownies.

I have heard of people who reward themselves for knitting with snacks... that seems a bad idea, especially if the reward involves cheesecake.
Yes, rewarding myself for finishing a project would be VERY dangerous, especially if it involves cheesecake. ninja

@Blue-eyes-green, Don't you love it when you can blatantly(sp?) knit/crochet a gift for someone right in front of then and they don't even give it a second thought as to what you're making. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:13 pm
Better yet when people look at your stuff and say things like "wow. that's as nice as the machine made stuff" (Or better... "hey... that looks real!")

Real? dude... it's very real!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:43 am
YourAzureGoddess
Better yet when people look at your stuff and say things like "wow. that's as nice as the machine made stuff" (Or better... "hey... that looks real!")

Real? dude... it's very real!
rofl ! What's un-real about it?
Today's musing from me is "must count rounds while crocheting *bangs head on desk while trying to figure out where I am*"  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff