Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Kickass things about being GOTH! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Umberella

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:28 pm
Never being asked to babysit.
Shocking people when I act normal.
Having centuries of fashion to look back on for inspiration instead of 5 decades.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:16 pm
For me, it's a sort of sense of belonging. I feel comfortable being gothy, and black clothing makes me feel secure. In seventh grade, I felt as though the black sweater I wore every day was a security blanket. Lovely feeling.

Also, gothy people tend to be beautiful and appreciate beauty.  

EvFaerAshlynn

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:21 pm
the clothes smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:56 am
Listening to awesome music, the beautiful clothes, having people staring at me and old people avoiding me 4laugh xd  

MyLittlePwny.!

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:55 pm
"You just hate me 'cause I'm pretty!" actually makes sense.

I am one of the few people I know who have said "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" to another hetrosexual man and had him say "Yes."  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:12 pm
The corsets rock!! smile  

babalonsatene

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:38 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
"You just hate me 'cause I'm pretty!" actually makes sense.

I am one of the few people I know who have said "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" to another hetrosexual man and had him say "Yes."

Truly a wonderfull thing. 3nodding

I've occasionally walked up to girls and asked them if they would go out with me if I was a guy, and they say "yes". I kinda like having different aspects of beauty, you know? You can look great as a guy and a girl.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:47 pm
Its pretty great having a reputation that keeps people from ******** with you when you dont want to be ******** with. (though I am a ginormous pacifist)  

Byrn_in_hel

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:56 pm
Byrn_in_hel
Its pretty great having a reputation that keeps people from ******** with you when you dont want to be ******** with. (though I am a ginormous pacifist)

There was this one....incident...a few years ago that got me a reputation like that....I was also thought of as a pyschotic maniac that might decapitate the first person to cut infront of me in the lunch line at the time. Now everyone treads carefully around me. Some things you do you just can't take back, that kid REALLY pissed me off though...No one messes with me, and they treat me as some type of dark lord of infinite power (and creepy charm wink ) or something....

them: "yes, yes of course you can! any time! any time! just don't hurt me"

me: "i won't hurt you...darling....."

them: "here *gives object*"

me: "thank you *smiles*"

them: "have I earned my lord's favor?"

me:"lord?"

them: "mhm."

me:"...."*thinks: i never asked for this.... xp *  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:05 pm
The clothes I wear, black nailpolish, and black makeup.  

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

nikia kitty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:52 pm
Why does this only have 4 pages when the pain in the a** topic has 18? I don't know if these are said before or not, but here is a short list of what i find kick a**.

~ Having annoying people leave me alone when I give them the look
~ Being the best dressed at furinals
~ Laughing at people who try and insult me and proving how ignorant they are by calling me "emo" "witch" "devil worshiper" and the list keeps going
~ Black goes with everything
~ The shocked look on people face when you give an intellectual answer in class
~ The music
~ Being who you want to be
~ When you smile and nod to another goth you don't know on the street and bystanders think you're plotting something
~ The little kids who look at you in awe
~ The little kids who look at you in fear
~ Having people wanting to borrow your clothing
~ looking original instead of the brand name West 49 and Garage clones
~ People afraid of offending you incase you attack even though you're bearly able to punch someone and make it hurt
~ The unique unable to find anywhere clothing
~ Being yourself

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:46 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
For me, it's a sort of sense of belonging. I feel comfortable being gothy, and black clothing makes me feel secure. In seventh grade, I felt as though the black sweater I wore every day was a security blanket. Lovely feeling.

Also, gothy people tend to be beautiful and appreciate beauty.

I'm... not exactly beautiful sweatdrop gonk  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Licorious Kasaki

Tipsy Regular

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:50 pm
I like it because be are like scared about it XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:47 pm
One wonderful thing (which I may have mentioned before) is how you can easily prove people wrong with certain things, and catch them completely off-gaurd.

For example, people may sometimes perceive me as being of average or below average intelligence. However, once they begin to speak to me, they can usually tell that thier inital perception was wrong, and I am intelligent and well-spoken, not to mention *usually* polite.

Also, twenty years from now I won't be looking back at photos of myself and thinking "Eww... what the hell was I thinking with that outfit?!", though I may think "Hehe... I was such a dork!".

Another good thing is that parasols aren't always great fashion accessories, but they can also be used to threaten the drunken perverts who hang out on my town common. (I'm usually a pacifist, but when an old drunk homeless guy starts hitting on me, I feel that it is my right to get rid of him, no matter what the means.)  

DreamerSpirit

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces