Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Grammar And Artistic Talent: Is There A Link? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:02 am
You've got a very nice colouring style going there. The only way I can colour is in gradients or shitty single (usually base colour) emboss/engrave stylings, so I admire your ability in that aspect.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:35 am
http://artpad.art.com/artpad/painter/?iazl7ob13og

That's on an online art program. It took me two hours to finish it correctly. If only I could have done that in real life. crying

I believe there is a link; when you describe a piece of art, do you really want to say: "Um its pretty so ya." Do you?  

CristoVII

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:38 am
Zweite: I'm not sure what's going on with the purple face thing, but still very good, and you've got the face shading thing nailed.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:48 pm
Well, language is sometimes considered to be art. Maybe grammar uses the same part of the brain as drawing and music? Hmm... are we suppose to post art or something?

My Deviantart account?  

The Shoe Pile

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:42 pm
Burning Light: I've never looked at in that way, but you may have a point.
And I guess posting art here is acceptable. Mousy hasn't said otherwise.

Newest artwork  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:16 am
Completely off topic, but I learned how to apply filters.

Bevel filter work

Shadow filter work

MadnessFreak

The Shoe Pile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:44 pm
Filters? I don't even know what filters are. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:06 pm
I use fairly good grammer all the time, but I can not draw good and overall my handwriting is kinda messy.  

NuclearBatman

s0prano42_x3

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:35 pm
Well... I'd like to THINK I'm a good artist... and I'd like to THINK I use good grammar... but I only have the English grades to support one of those. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:54 pm
burning_light
Filters? I don't even know what filters are. eek

Flash shading effects such as embossing and automatic shadowing. Sorta cutting corners, but amazing when done right.  

MadnessFreak

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:36 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
I must be the exception to the rule because although I have proper grammar, my ability to draw and paint is practically nonexistent.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hah, that's me. I mean, my hearts are funky, even. I do.. Let's see: I draw half the heart, right? Then I draw a line across to the top and then do the other half.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:49 am
You may be on to something there. Well, I'm pretty literate if I say so myself, and I do draw...however, no artist is a good judge of their own competency, so I'll leave it up to you:
My deviantArt Account

and (minor mature warning for abstract female nudity)
My Latest Work  

Seikonai

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 am
Seikonai
You may be on to something there. Well, I'm pretty literate if I say so myself, and I do draw...however, no artist is a good judge of their own competency, so I'll leave it up to you:
My deviantArt Account

My Latest Work

I like your cartooney, almost exaggerated style, and your use of perspective. Good work, keep it up.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:29 am
MadnessFreak
Seikonai
My deviantArt Account

My Latest Work

I like your cartooney, almost exaggerated style, and your use of perspective. Good work, keep it up.
Why thank you.  

Seikonai

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 am
Seikonai
MadnessFreak
Seikonai
My deviantArt Account

My Latest Work

Why thank you.

Credit where it's due. 3nodding  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas