Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
What do you think when people say HP is evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like these people
yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
yes, and they should burn in hell
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
no, but they still should burn in hell
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

Crystalio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:02 pm
You know those people are just jealous, becaue they can't ever spread their views/beliefs like Jo can sell her books. What idiot would think the books are anything but fiction. I read this book called Harry Potter and the Bible and it made me so mad I threw it across the room. The book talked about how HP promoted paganism and "black magic" or whatever and that the books shoulds be banned and burned. Ugh, idiots.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:48 pm
I think those who think Harry POtter is a play at paganism should look at what they celbrate in the books...yes they have Yule ball but also CHRISTMAS honestly stressed

alot of people think taht "they are right" in truth no one is, all that is left is opinions and it is us who decide who to beleive, and anger doesn't help people beleiving in what you say

this is my opinion:

Harry Potter is Fiction, anyone that beleive otherwize keep their mouthes shut. Look at all the other books out there, Narnia, LOTR, Hobbit, Redwall, Star Treck, Star Wars....you want the big secret? none of those are real either! Get a Life and be happy someone found a way for kids to get excited about reading! its hard enough finding a book kids will read cover to cover withough being bored (I had to read hobbit in sixth grade...I couldn't get halfway xd ), my college had harry potter as required reading for humanities and english. Get over youselves and try and use your stunted imaginations for good not slanderous bilge that you call "the right way of thinking" you don't know paganism, you don't know anything but Christianity (oh btw guess where christianities roots came from?) I think you should get facts right before getting in the dirt.  

Vulp

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Demoni Nightmare

Rainbow Prophet

11,675 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:43 pm
willowtree
I think parents who get angry that they're kids are reading HP should just be happy that they are reading.

This is not a crack on Christianity or anything, but I think most of the HP hype is from the Christians. Did you know that the word "occult" was not even considered to be an evil thing until the beginning of Christianity. Before then, it was just any other religious word with no negative connotations. It just bothers me that those who say it's a sin to judge others are the most judgemental of the lot.

I have to agree on that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:49 am
It really makes me mad when they say Harry Potter is evil, it's just a book or movie, it's not real (I wish it was), some people are so stupid!!! scream stressed evil  

covo

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:45 am
willowtree
serenity112286
Nialla
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If someone thinks the books are evil, they don't have to read them. Where it goes too far is with book burnings and just generally being antagonistic towards those who do read and enjoy the books.
It is annoying that some people judge them before reading them, but there is nothing that can be done for it.

exactly...no one is being forced to read the books, so if they think they are evil then they dont have to read them

And that's what it basically boils down to. If you don't like something, that's totally fine. You have the right to choose what you do and don't enjoy. But why do people always have to push their views into my face?

tis true  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:47 am
SincerityAnn
wow, i just read this whole thread and i didn't find one person to hate!!! rock on harry potter lovers!!! smile

That's because everyone in this guild loves Harry potter  

ElvenPrincess

elppa_apple

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:31 pm
I usually keep my mouth shut. Very well. But in my head, I am screaming at them. I don't understand how people can hate Harry Potter, or say that it's from the devi. It makes me want to hit them across the head with my book and yell 'Harry Potter is a great series you idiot!' But I have to much respect to do that. Not to mention that I am dead afraid of strangers, and it's usually strangers who say this. If it's not a stranger, then I blow up at them. So everyone I know knows to not diss Harry Potter xp  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:21 pm
It makes me so Angry evil when they say that and have any one of you seen the Simpsoms episode where Net Flanders say: and that's how Harry Potter defeat Voldemort and Harry Potter burn in hell for doing wichcraft / that part made me angry have any one of you seen that episode ???  

Sally07

3,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

monochan

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:27 pm
If it draws kids away from the television screen, then I'm happy.
It pisses me off; there's nothing wrong with witchcraft! And, in fact, the Harry Potter books teach some of the same morals that the bible does-you know, good vs. evil and all that  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:56 pm
i just kinda stare and blink at them for a while  

TheLostOne42

[Taste_Of_Chaos]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:59 am
I get SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry, but usually don't say anything. My grandma saw some HP journals at the dollar store she likes to go to, and as she was picking it up, some guy had the nerve to go "You aren't buying those, are you?" and she goes "Yeah, for my grandaughter", and he replies "HP IS EVIL! DON"T GET THOSE!" She got them anyway. I guess it depends on how you were raised. My parents know its not evil, but some of my friends have to read it in secret cuz their parents say it is evil. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:41 pm
Bloody Dementor
Alright! Now I can type my rant about people saying that Harry Potter is evil... First off, how can you tell the difference between a "good" book and a "evil" book? There's no such thing! scream

well,actually, if you consider Mein Kampf...  

monochan

monochan

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:47 pm
when ppl tell me HP is bad I go home and read all 5... blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:03 pm
ElvenPrincess
SincerityAnn
wow, i just read this whole thread and i didn't find one person to hate!!! rock on harry potter lovers!!! smile

That's because everyone in this guild loves Harry potter

xd  

RubyRays

Seeker

ginny910

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:26 pm
willowtree
I think parents who get angry that they're kids are reading HP should just be happy that they are reading.

This is not a crack on Christianity or anything, but I think most of the HP hype is from the Christians. Did you know that the word "occult" was not even considered to be an evil thing until the beginning of Christianity. Before then, it was just any other religious word with no negative connotations. It just bothers me that those who say it's a sin to judge others are the most judgemental of the lot.
i agree i mean come on most kids here hate to read and that they are actuly reading something the parents dont aprove of it 4 some stuid reason in the bible come on at least they are reading something  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff