Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Found this in Gaia's GD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aion needs...
  A good hit to the back of the head
  Starbucks, maybe?
  Nothing...he's absoulty right...I AM ugly in real life.
View Results

s0prano42_x3

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:25 pm
I don't freak out if I make a grammar mistake, and I don't type with good grammar to purposely compensate for something. I just do it because it's second nature to me. And I'm sorry that Aion feels this way about "literates."

Note the length of my response is only three sentences, not seven paragraphs. whee  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:27 pm
Enen
Smoozle
dameonmac5918
What is a troll, exactly? Forgive my ignorance.

A troll is a goblin like fairy tale creature that lives under a bridge and tries to scare Billy-Goats.

*nods*

A troll is also someone in forums that poses as someone that is strongly against something that most people around them are not.

I encountered a troll in the GD. They were ranting about how awful they think black people are, and they were going on and on about stereotypical racist comments. They were, however, just joking to piss people off. THAT is a troll.  

s0prano42_x3

Sanami2315

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:26 am
Ah, well.

Inferiority complex.

Enough said.

What, it's not? Okay, how's this?

I AM A GRAMMAR NAZI. THIS I RECOGNIZE. I AM ALSO AN ELITIST AND I HAVE AN EGO BIGGER THAN TEXAS.

BUT I'M ANYTHING BUT UGLY.

You know how I know this?

I'm a FRICKING MODEL. And I have an IQ of 149. And yes, I'm also a 'literate'.

So, you need more? Here: directly to Aion with love.

SCREW YOU; I DON'T NEED YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX INTERFERING WITH MY LIFE, YOU HAG.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:40 am
s0prano42_x3
Enen
Smoozle
dameonmac5918
What is a troll, exactly? Forgive my ignorance.

A troll is a goblin like fairy tale creature that lives under a bridge and tries to scare Billy-Goats.

*nods*

A troll is also someone in forums that poses as someone that is strongly against something that most people around them are not.

I encountered a troll in the GD. They were ranting about how awful they think black people are, and they were going on and on about stereotypical racist comments. They were, however, just joking to piss people off. THAT is a troll.

Wrong. A forum troll is somebody who posts something to annoy others as much as possible. You can post gibberish, it's still trolling, unless you class 56546fgfvh7gftd89d7g as going against something that most people around them are not.  

MadnessFreak

Ksenia Sergeevina

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:20 pm
He said he went to school but he doesn't know you can't start a sentence with 'and'.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Ksenia Sergeevina
He said he went to school but he doesn't know you can't start a sentence with 'and'.

Not true, you technically can start a sentence with anything you want, pretty much. It's just in most cases, it's not useful/effective. Starting sentences with 'and' sometimes happens in conversational-toned writing and a few novels.

But still, you shouldn't do it very often. It's frowned upon because it makes you sound like an idiot. And very indecisive, too. And maybe a bit of a nitpicker. And too lazy to edit your last sentence.

^ See what I mean? I could be wrong, though. sweatdrop I'm notorious for being a complete chowderhead.  

SilverBellsAbove

EvilChibiPanda

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:01 pm
People are... interesting...  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:51 am
EvilChibiPanda

That's why we enjoy watching them.  

Sanami2315

l3viathan

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:10 am
Sanami2315
EvilChibiPanda

That's why we enjoy watching them.

People watching is amusing indeed.

As to be back on subject; I tend to have days where I highly dislike the GD, and days when I find it amusing. I like the insanity of it usually, but when I'm in a bad mood, I cannot stand it and mentally pick at people's use of bad grammar. Then again, when I'm in a bad mood, I tend to pick at everything.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm
I don't even LIKE the GD. It's almost ALL inappropriate. Besides, the ED is better.  

Sanami2315

Grim Joke

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:57 pm
dameonmac5918
`Aion
I hate 'literates'.
I really do. I simply can't stand them.

I mean, it's like this.
They went to school, like the rest of us. And, just because they're probably actually very ugly in real life, they have to write out their sentences perfectly and use proper grammar and all that jazz. I understand it, I do the same.
But, especially in RPing, they look down upon someone who doesn't type a 7-paragraph novel for every reply. Truthfully, how can that be fun? Unless you're planning on writing a book with your partner, I guess...

Another thing.
They should get better names. I mean, instead of 'literate' and 'illiterate'.
Because, that's implying that the 'illerates' CAN'T read or write. And if you can't do either of those, congrats on actually being on the internet in general.

I've noticed, all 'literates' are pretty much elitist bastards. And most of them are female. I've also noticed, that most literates use 'elitist humor' by picking on people who make a single misspelling, or use 'shock humor', like using words like 'abortion' 'orgasm' and 'hitler'.

I guess, I myself could be considered 'literate'. Though, when I RP I'm pretty lazy or try not to write too much, because then my partners would get bored and not read it. Though, sometimes on the forums I get bored, and flame/troll as only a /b/tard can. 8]

Spoons?
No.

I believe you need a good smack in the head, buddy.
What do you all think?
Yes,yes...
I agree this guy is damn hypocrate (excuse my spelling *ahem*)
who gives a damn anyways?  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:38 pm
Sanami2315
I AM ALSO AN ELITIST AND I HAVE AN EGO BIGGER THAN TEXAS.

Technically, the biggest US state is Alaska. But then, if you don't have an ego bigger than Alaska, then who knows, you know?

Anyway, you have all made really good points, and I don't actually have anything to add.  

Organic Shadows

-Evan Everwood-

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:47 pm
Yeah, that's Trolling.

That person just needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
So what if someone can't just take the time to read something?
That just makes them lazy.
Which is bad.

I don't Roleplay anyways, so I guess I'm out of the picture.
._.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:04 pm
User Image
- - - - - -
| YOU | MADE | ME | TOSS | ME | LUCKY | CHARMZ. |
- - - - - -

He considers himself a literate because he uses capital letters and periods.
LOLZ.

He fails.
Next.
domokun

C y a n i d e[C a n d y

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:53 am
I had to look up the definition of elitist...

gonk  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces