Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SM or CCS
Sailor Moon
37%
 37%  [ 26 ]
Cardcaptor Sakura
62%
 62%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 69

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:34 am
Neko-Yousei
Mika Relie
*raises her hand*
If I may put my two cents in...*ahem*
I have to agree with Neko. When your in Gr.4 you have no real idea how relationships are suppose to work; you might not even be sure if you like guys or girls! You are just expecting them to progress at a much faster speed than they realistically can. And maybe the series isn't meant to center around romantic relationships. Maybe the focus is something else entirely. Have you ever thought of that?

*lurves Mika* 3nodding

redface Arigato, Neko.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:36 pm
HHhhmmmm....I think I would agree with Mika on this. I haven't seen much of CCS, but from what I have seen, it seems like this series is not interested in romantic relationships. Sailor Moon is a series interested in romantic relationships. You can't compare the series in that way. They may both be about magical girls, but that is really where the similarity in theme ends.  

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:10 pm
lizstar
HHhhmmmm....I think I would agree with Mika on this. I haven't seen much of CCS, but from what I have seen, it seems like this series is not interested in romantic relationships. Sailor Moon is a series interested in romantic relationships. You can't compare the series in that way. They may both be about magical girls, but that is really where the similarity in theme ends.

Personally, I don't think you should compare the two.
One focuses around ONE main magical girl. The other focuses around, 10 (?) magical girls...It's more in the mahou shoujo/sentai (think power rangers) genre.
If you compare SM to something, compare it to something like Wedding Peach, Rayearth, or Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:59 am
Yes, you have a point Neko, but these two series are two of the most popular and well-known series about magical girls(s) and comparison between them is unavoidable!  

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

st4rbursts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:38 pm
Cardcaptor sakura 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:11 am
lizstar
Yes, you have a point Neko, but these two series are two of the most popular and well-known series about magical girls(s) and comparison between them is unavoidable!

Meh...I guess you're right... stare whee  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:48 pm
Yea, I know. It kinda sucks, but that's the reality of it. That happens to a lot of popular anime that isn't really similar at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:00 pm
lizstar
Yea, I know. It kinda sucks, but that's the reality of it. That happens to a lot of popular anime that isn't really similar at all.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. It's like ...Dragon Ball Z (or whateverrr) being compared to Naruto or somethin, and it's like "What the fu...???"  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:21 pm
I think that I have to agree with you both on this. SM and CCS shouldn't really be compared to each other. There are too many differences between the series to make this really feasible.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:39 pm
CCS!i think salior moon is so you know and i watched it when i was 8 years old!!!  

Kagome123163

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:13 pm
Kagome123163
CCS!i think salior moon is so you know and i watched it when i was 8 years old!!!

"you know"??? o_O
I'm 18 and I still love Sailor Moon, edited or not...preferably non-edited, subbed. sweatdrop

Also...there was the discussion of CCS not having any or much romance in it. Maybe not in the first couple of seasns, but you guys have to admit, the third anime season makes up for everything!!! Plus the 2nd movie!!! (Is re-watching the 3rd season...3 more DVDs). I'm at the part were Meilin is coming back from HK. God, the face she makes when she hears Sakura call Li "Syaoran"...ah, it breaks my heart. sweatdrop crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:43 pm
True, but it's secondary to the main plot about Sakura growing up and learning how to use the Clow Cards.
But with Sailor Moon, within the first season, love does become an important issue with the main character. And it continues on throughout the rest of the series. Those girls are out to save the world.  

Tobias Mule

af79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:23 am
they're both cool 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:26 am
My allegiance will always be with CLAMP, and though I love SM very dearly, CCS is my favourite. Though some say if lacks romance, the relationship between Sakura and Syaoran was what made me scream for joy when CLAMP released Tsubasa. SM was good, and the ending did make me smile, but the CCS ending had me jumping around happily. Also, if you're comparing the TV series, then you are talking about something completely different than me. Though the series were good, the fact that they cut out so much (how did they cut CCS from 70 eps and 2 movies to 27 eps and no movies???) made me decide that jap dubbed eps are the way to go. (Sorry for getting a little off topic there, but it's the truth!)  

Cereah

pankat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:11 pm
Neko-Yousei
Andserkiel
Otako
i like S.M. better because of these reasons:

-Great designs of characters
-Steller Plot (i found that card battles for a series is not an ideal thing for me)
-Great Villians (they were sooooooooooo unique!)
-Hot chicks(best for girls in miniskirts) heart heart heart heart heart

To be honest I don't like the villians that much, I mean the cardians, youmas and stuff, they were so not scary, just laughable. The major villians like the generals, 4 sisters, Doom Phantom, Dr Tomoe ect were good though.

The youma and such were not supposed to be scary. Not too mention we're talking 1991-1992 animation. In fact, most were supposed to be pretty funny because in the Japanese they would make funny sound-words (ex.-doki doki, pita pita, kira kira) and say stupid little things.
But I'm totally with Lilithia...I grew up watching SailorMoon, it was my first anime and without I probably wouldn't be in anime today. eek

i also grew up on sailor moon. and it b=got me into anime and manga so i go with sailor moon, i never really got into ccs. one thing that got be about the villans is the ann and alan part, it got me confused! but those were my fav villans  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff