Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
What do you collect? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ByeByePenguin91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:09 am
i collect books, just like almost everyone else here heart , i have almost 500 of them  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:23 am
Oh god...me and my boyfriend have converted our extra bedroom into a library because we have so many books. My pagan and wiccan books arn't even in there and it's pretty much full. I'll have to count them sometime. With everything though I'm sure it's well over 700.

But what we actually make an effort to collect are stuffed animals. Any kind, any color, any shape, any size. xd  

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

Wyther Von Wyskers

Dapper Genius

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:49 am
I collect The Nightmare before Christmas merchandise.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 pm
Hmmm... I collect candles, I suppose. I find them in yard sales and second hand stores, and just impulsively buy them.

I also 'collect' information from online. sweatdrop
My bookmarks list is so full it's not even funny, and it's fairly useless, because even I can't find anything without it taking an hour. (Google is my friend).  

Brandi West

Rowan MacGregor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:41 am
Oh I love to collect things!

I collect:
Books (lots and lots of books)
Herb Plants in my circle herb garden
Bottles
Rocks
Skulls and bones- my husband is a Land Steward with the Nature Conservancy and after prescribed burns on the preserves he finds LOTS of skulls from animals that died over the winter. He leaves most of them of course, but he brings home the nicer ones. Ooh, here's a few pictures of them on my hearth:
User Image
User Image
User Image

I used to collect my little ponies too and now that I have a daughter I can share the pony love blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:54 pm
I'm a total bookworm... I have so many books that my parents steal them from me at times... about three quarters of the books in our house are mine, and that includes the giant closet filled with them, the bookshelf in my room (to the ceiling and filled), in like 5 boxes, the bookshelf in the living room... yeah in our house we have at least 2,000 books... and I've read nearly all of them

So... also I collect some stuffed animals (so cute!), anything having to do with horses (posters, figurines, plushies, horse shoes, etc.)... and I used to collect really pretty shells  

violeteyes77

hyacinth hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:24 am
I suppose that I could be said to collect both books and manga. However, if you are talking about something that you just collect and don't really use...I have a growing collection of stuffed animals and I recently realized that I had amassed a HUGE collection of Polly Pocket play sets when I was younger (back when they were a choking hazard) and I still have them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 pm
I've actually been working on keeping my collecting under control because I collect so many different things.

Instruments: I have 2 trumpets (its my primary instrument), pan pipes, maraca, keyboard, harmonica, recorder, tin whistle, one of those little egg shakers, and a guitar. I still want a piano, fiddle, banjo, and some different drums. Playing music's in my blood.

Fantasy and sci-fi stuff: books, movies, shows, wall hangings, etc. Just different stuff that strikes my fancy and happens to fit in with the cottage look I like so much.

Cottage stuff: Unfortunately, that includes cottage crafts like crocheting, sewing, wood carving, gardening, and various other stuff that's fun to do yourself. It's just so much fun to make things and display it. Even better to get compliments! It also includes old things, hand-made things, and nature things (rocks, sticks, flowers, leaves, etc.).

Books: Not as bad as some, though. I have a photographic memory, so I'm usually not interested in re-reading something unless I really like the writing style and want to glean some inspiration from it.

Notebooks and pencils: I love to write, but I buy notebooks even when I'm in the middle of a huge writer's block. I guess I keep hoping amassing tons of paper will bust me out of it.

AiRune

bluekerbe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 am
i collect a few things....

dice..just 6 sided ones
playing cards/tarot cards
books ranging from dreams, spells, wicca stuff, and tons of mangas
dragons, unicorns, bats
halloween stuff
figures of toys....like sonic the hedgehog, tmnt, lego people...old stuff since i was little..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:27 pm
Having an affinity for dragons I would have to say I more hoard than collect. One of my daughters friends has taken to calling me Mama Dragon, so of course, there are the dragons, pictures, computer art, stuffed, stained glass. heart
Then there are the left over unicorns that were actually my mothers collection, couldn't leave them homeless.
Like almost everyone else there are the hundreds of book, spiritual, magical, mundain and just plain entertaining.
Tarot and other divination decks, I think I have about 25 different ones that I use as the need and the spirits move me.
I am finally organizing my craft and sewing area too as the hoard there had become unrully and well, looked like it should have a very comforable and grandmotherly dragon curled up in it.
The only one of my collections that is currently fully organized is my movie collection, had to I have hundreds of titles and all my friends and my kids friends know where to come if they are bored and want to watch something.
I'm sure that I have other things that I have forgotten but those are the ones that I actively add to, I don't count my ritual or magic supplies as those are necessities not collectibles.  

Xanadu_B

Commanding Trainer

22,125 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Hellraiser 500

Dellanora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:29 pm
i collect BOOKS!! xD. i love them! and art supplies, like markers, crayons, and my favorites : paintastics and crazy scissors. i LOVE crazy scirrors, but i dont really know why.... and when i get a job i hope to expand my collection of tarot decks. right now i have three.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:36 am
User Image

Money, kinda a shame that I spend them as soon as I get them.. xp

The only things I really collect are books, and instruments of all weird kinds.. Even though I'm never going to learn to play half of them.. sweatdrop

Danipyr

Mirenithil

9,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:18 am
- Like most others here, books, and even old books at that. In my childhood my father was friends with an old lady who ran an antiquarian bookstore, and we'd go see her a few times a year. It was always a crapshoot, because she opened the store when she felt like it and as often as not when we went there it'd be closed. XD She always gave my brother and I one free book per visit; I got the entire Hardy Boys series for free that way over the years, one at a time, all books printed in the 50s (but that didn't really register at the time and it's too bad I didn't really understand it because I -read- those books. Then again, maybe it's good that I did because the pages were made of cheap paper that must have had a lot of acid in it and as a result they were usually quite brittle with age and would break in my fingers as I turned pages. Those books would be pretty useless now.)

I don't remember how I got started on collecting old books just for their age but, over time, I worked backwards through the 1800s and then the 1700s. For a long time, the oldest book I owned is a lovely vellum bound affair about the size of a phone book; it's a scholarly religious text mostly in Latin with smidges of Greek that seems to be a concordance/commentary on the bible. I thought I would never find one older, but the oldest book I now own was printed in 1672 and I have officially stopped collecting books just for their age now since I know I'll never find something even older for a price I care to pay. This oldest book is nothing interesting, unfortunately; it's volume 4 of a set of daily religious meditations in French (where are the first three volumes now?...) Most really old books are religious. I paid 25 Euros for it in France three and a half years ago.

I have a decent collection of books on various pagan subjects, hoodoo, spellcraft, santos, and various types of folk magic with an emphasis on North American beliefs of African-American or Hispanic origins. I also have pretty much everything of Terry Pratchett's that has been published in this country, and numbers of books on chess, go, and random other subjects of interest.

- My main collection, though, is toys. Children's toys, I find I always have to clarify that or people make assumptions. XD Sock monkeys, My Little Ponies, Playmobil (especially pirates and western theme,) Mr. Potato Head, Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families, Build a Bear, some Barbie vintage and new, some Bratz. My collections of many are embarrassingly large. ><

- Japanese lucky cats, maneki neko

- I have a lot of games and video systems released over the past 25 years starting with the NES onward.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games