Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Favorite Tarot Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maxwell_Pink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:36 pm
Brazzle Dazzle Day
Man, what's with all the Rider-Waite hate? D:

From a reader's point of view I can't really hate the Rider Waite decks, as The Halloween Tarot uses the same symbolism (and then some) and there are days when the cards practically scream at me. But from an artist's point of view (particularly one with right brain leanings) the decks are butt ugly! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:17 pm
Maxwell_Pink
Brazzle Dazzle Day
Man, what's with all the Rider-Waite hate? D:

From a reader's point of view I can't really hate the Rider Waite decks, as The Halloween Tarot uses the same symbolism (and then some) and there are days when the cards practically scream at me. But from an artist's point of view (particularly one with right brain leanings) the decks are butt ugly! blaugh

Aw, come on. xD They have a very traditional sort of Medieval beauty, don't you think?  

Columbae

Dragonspeech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:50 pm
I guess you could say that Brazzle. Tee hee. The Rider-Waite is a good beginner's deck, isn't it?

I jumped right in a while ago. I have Shapeshifter's Tarot and a Mythical Beasts Tarot. (Course I forget its actual title.) I want to get a third one, draconic preferrably but I'll wait.

There's a lot of taboo with getting your own tarot decks isn't there? Why is that? It doesn't make that much sense to me. How can you find the right deck for you if you are unable to check its energies? Maybe I'm a bit touchy-feely. But I like to be able to feel the box, pick it up and look at it, get a sense from it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:36 pm
Faerth
I have this one deck (sorry, don't know what it's called sweatdrop ) it came with a book on magyk. It's realy easy to read and I heart it.

Although, I'd like to make one of my own...

I finally just stuck some of the cards in my scanner, and here's what some of them look like whee

User Image

Faerth

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:02 pm
I prefer the Aleister Crowley Thoth tarot. Lady Frieda Harris rules.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games