Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
No s**t, There I Was..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:58 pm
Red Zomby
Brigit the slave child
No s**t, there I was, in the midst of fiercest battle...

(Okay, I wasn't actually there, but I'm told it was a fierce battle from people who know a fierce battle when they see one.) The levy of Starkhafn was rushing its enemies, fearless as heroes, and my dear friend, the Lord Wolf of Wexford, was tripped by an illegal blow to the ankle. (Or so he says. Others have it different.) ]

The brave Wolf flew forward, falling onto his huge shield and sledding across the battlefield, leaving behind him a furrow to make any farmer proud.

The Wolf he is no longer--now he's called the Plow!
I am saddened only that I have not the ability to convey my amusement at such an extremely hilarious tale.
(no sarcasm, that really is one of the funniest things I could imagine.)

Lord Wolf didn't find it so amusing.

~beltless warrior  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:26 am
squire to fools
Red Zomby
Brigit the slave child
No s**t, there I was, in the midst of fiercest battle...

(Okay, I wasn't actually there, but I'm told it was a fierce battle from people who know a fierce battle when they see one.) The levy of Starkhafn was rushing its enemies, fearless as heroes, and my dear friend, the Lord Wolf of Wexford, was tripped by an illegal blow to the ankle. (Or so he says. Others have it different.) ]

The brave Wolf flew forward, falling onto his huge shield and sledding across the battlefield, leaving behind him a furrow to make any farmer proud.

The Wolf he is no longer--now he's called the Plow!
I am saddened only that I have not the ability to convey my amusement at such an extremely hilarious tale.
(no sarcasm, that really is one of the funniest things I could imagine.)

Lord Wolf didn't find it so amusing.

~beltless warrior
I wish s**t like that happened to me. I would totally brag about being "The Human Plow"
That's clout, and I'll take any reputation I can get...almost.  

Red Zomby

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:51 pm
Almost two months and nobody has another story?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:10 pm
Red Zomby
Almost two months and nobody has another story?

Sadly the winter season tends to be a quiet one for events..at least here in An Tir..  

Arithrel
Crew

Reijin-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:35 am
I have one that my friend Elizabeth told me. She's the one who got me involved in the SCA. It's important to note that Elizabeth works in the theater as a props mistress when not at SCA events. So I'll tell this from her point of view.

"No s**t, there I was at Pennsic, taking in the sights with Walter in tow. (Walter is a wool-covered wooden sheep I made for a show...the kind with wheels underneath and a pull-string.) So I'm wandering along, when all of a sudden, I hear someone yell, 'Hey lady, how much for 15 minutes with your sheep?' I turn, and several burly men are looking my way. I am fully appalled that anyone wanted to violate Walter like that, and hurried away. To make a long story short, by the end of the week, I had been propositioned for Walter five more times."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:06 pm
Reijin-chan
I have one that my friend Elizabeth told me. She's the one who got me involved in the SCA. It's important to note that Elizabeth works in the theater as a props mistress when not at SCA events. So I'll tell this from her point of view.

"No s**t, there I was at Pennsic, taking in the sights with Walter in tow. (Walter is a wool-covered wooden sheep I made for a show...the kind with wheels underneath and a pull-string.) So I'm wandering along, when all of a sudden, I hear someone yell, 'Hey lady, how much for 15 minutes with your sheep?' I turn, and several burly men are looking my way. I am fully appalled that anyone wanted to violate Walter like that, and hurried away. To make a long story short, by the end of the week, I had been propositioned for Walter five more times."

somehow that doesn't suprise me. lol Especially if you take Walter (which cracks me up since that's my dad's name) down to the swamp.  

xxDethWishxx

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:03 pm
Reijin-chan

Reminds me of my house.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:31 pm
Here's one I read on the Pennsic War website that I thought was hilariou: http://www.pennsic.net/nw40.html#flag

The others are pretty funny too. whee  

Arawath

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

x~SALEX~x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:17 pm
Reijin-chan

thats just so wrong whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:41 am
Here we go again...

No s**t there I was...

My house is primarily crusaders and before every battle one of us (usually me) gives a rousing battle speech. This time we decided to let the new guy do it. He rambles on in a fairly mediocre speech, but some time during the speech he screams something along the lines of " FOUL INFIDEL! " and a passing fighter dressed in middle eastern gard replied with " RASIST b*****d! "

I, the aethiest crusader, am apparently to blame for my house members religiously offending comment.

The man was, however, happy to attend the ensueing reprimand. The boy was branded with the mark of a heretic!

(really we dipped a brand in paint and put a big red " DUMBASS " on his back. pictures later, perhaps.)  

Red Zomby

Willow The Wanderer

Friendly Heckler

18,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:30 am
Red Zomby

The man was, however, happy to attend the ensueing reprimand. The boy was branded with the mark of a heretic!

(really we dipped a brand in paint and put a big red " DUMBASS " on his back. pictures later, perhaps.)

as funny as that image is... dude, it's a persona. kind of like a roleplaying game. yeah, everyone tends to avoid those kind of things, 'cuz we still have to deal with eachother at the end of the day... I just hope it was all in goodfun.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:31 pm
Once upon a time there was a lord named Oonrock (or something to that effect... the spelling is crazy). One night at war Oonrock was in his natural state (i.e. drunk as one can be while still upright), and waiting in line for the privy. Ahead of him in line was the King of Caid, who had in combat suffered a greivous injury to his leg. Oonrock, who worked in the medical field at that time, warned him to take care of this leg. Leaning heavily upon the king to keep from falling down, he lectured him at length to keep all weight off that leg, or he'd make things worse.

Come morning, Oonrock was called to court. He was that morning made a court baron, and is (I believe) the only court baron to have an exclusive title. He is not "His Excellency" but "His Madness."  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:41 pm
Caid has a lot of good nickname stories...

Another one (not a nickname), which is almost certainly made up but excellent nonetheless...

Not long ago, Caid was a principality to the West. In those days, one had to have a consort to compete in a Crown tourney, but many existing restrictions had not yet been applied. When a young fighter entered the lists for the experience, he didn't expect to win. However, he had no consort. Grasping a straws, he asked a local knight if he could fight for the honor of his twelve-year-old daughter. The knight consented.

The young man won Crown, and the young lady became princess.

At war that year the little princess was wandering about in her usual garb, with neither crown nor decoration to distinguish her as princess. She stumbled across the path of a duke, who stopped in his tracks to look down his nose at her.

"Where I come from," he scolded, "little girls bow to dukes."

The princess did so and appologized, quickly making herself scarce. That night she mentioned what happened to Paul, then King of the West. The following day the West's royalty (Paul and his Queen as well as quite a few princes and princesses) and their guard moved in a great procession to the court where found was the offending duke, Caid's prince and princess to the rear. As the procession halted, the regal child moved to the front. She stood before the duke and in a loud, clear voice proclaimed

"Where I come from, Lords bow to Ladies."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:43 pm
Arawath
Here's one I read on the Pennsic War website that I thought was hilariou: http://www.pennsic.net/nw40.html#flag

The others are pretty funny too. whee

My favorite among them is "on the dignity of kilts"

~beltless warrior  

xxDethWishxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:12 am
squire to fools
Caid has a lot of good nickname stories...

Another one (not a nickname), which is almost certainly made up but excellent nonetheless...

Not long ago, Caid was a principality to the West. In those days, one had to have a consort to compete in a Crown tourney, but many existing restrictions had not yet been applied. When a young fighter entered the lists for the experience, he didn't expect to win. However, he had no consort. Grasping a straws, he asked a local knight if he could fight for the honor of his twelve-year-old daughter. The knight consented.

The young man won Crown, and the young lady became princess.

At war that year the little princess was wandering about in her usual garb, with neither crown nor decoration to distinguish her as princess. She stumbled across the path of a duke, who stopped in his tracks to look down his nose at her.

"Where I come from," he scolded, "little girls bow to dukes."

The princess did so and appologized, quickly making herself scarce. That night she mentioned what happened to Paul, then King of the West. The following day the West's royalty (Paul and his Queen as well as quite a few princes and princesses) and their guard moved in a great procession to the court where found was the offending duke, Caid's prince and princess to the rear. As the procession halted, the regal child moved to the front. She stood before the duke and in a loud, clear voice proclaimed

"Where I come from, Lords bow to Ladies."

very cool.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas