Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:48 pm
You might be in the SCA if....

....you know someone who can blazon street signs and billboards. And does. Frequently. And is PROUD of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:44 pm
You've had to explaine to people that no, you're not trying to hurt the other guy, just kill him (or her).  

CassiusD

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:53 pm
- your mom comes back from vacation talking about a great place that makes meade that she thinks would be great for your wedding... and you actually turn her down because you know your friends could make better.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:35 pm
- you've been heard to say, "happiness is new garb" on more than one occasion  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:21 am
these have all happened to me. neutral

-If you've ever come across more than one person with a name so long, even they could barely pronounce it, let alone remember it in it's entirety.

-If you've ever smoothed your kilt/skirt before you sat, and your wearing pants. Or if the aforementioned occurence arises and your male. mrgreen

-If you've ever been kicked out of a theater for ranting about the historical inaccuracys of the movie out loud.

-If you've ever been requisitioned by your girlfiend to do some sewing.

-If you're the ONLY kid people cheat off of in history.

-if you've ever spent 4 hours looking for a sword at work

-If you've ever beat the living s**t out of someone with a stick because he insulted your skirt.

-If you've not gone to a party because they're drinking mundane beer and not mead  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 am
Imzy
Llelwyn
You know you're in the SCA when:

...you feel strange wearing pants for a few days after an event. (That one is mostly for the ladies).
...you get freaked out when people call you by your mundane name when you're with your friends.
...you have been heard to squeal "Oooo! Sharp and pointies!"
...you weren't that worried about Y2k because you knew you'd be able to take care of yourself with what "primative" materials you could scrounge up if the world did end.

*lol* Not just for the ladies... I bet it works for the guys in kilts, too. wink
true indeed.  

Red Zomby

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:03 am
- you don't respond to the word stop anymore the only way people can get you to stop and get your attention is to yell HOLD
- You can go to some of your University classes in garb and fit in because your professor wears a full suit of Roman armour to teach Roman civilizations along with some roman clothing. ((I can't wait to be in his class)) (University of Windsor)
- When walking around Down town your non SCA friends use you as a bodyguard because they know you can kick some a** and you have the weapons.
-You no longer go to the liquor store because nothing beats mead so you go to you neighbour house for a couple of hours and drink some mead while making more mead.
-your neighbour is in the SCA and so You don't have to worying about driving home drunk after he host a house party because you house is next to his.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:10 pm
Shelby_73
- you don't respond to the word stop anymore the only way people can get you to stop and get your attention is to yell HOLD
- You can go to some of your University classes in garb and fit in because your professor wears a full suit of Roman armour to teach Roman civilizations along with some roman clothing. ((I can't wait to be in his class)) (University of Windsor)
- When walking around Down town your non SCA friends use you as a bodyguard because they know you can kick some a** and you have the weapons.
-You no longer go to the liquor store because nothing beats mead so you go to you neighbour house for a couple of hours and drink some mead while making more mead.
-your neighbour is in the SCA and so You don't have to worying about driving home drunk after he host a house party because you house is next to his.

Hey Shelby! Those are awesome err... You know your in sca when things. In the first one does that ahve anything to do with the 5 of us at the Freedom Fest?(We yelled "Hold!" when we wanted everyone to stop.) Also is that the professor that goes to Pennsic in the second one? And with the last one... do you live next door to one of the people from Shire?  

KatAttk

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:22 pm
flames_of_emerald
Shelby_73

Hey Shelby! Those are awesome err... You know your in sca when things. In the first one does that ahve anything to do with the 5 of us at the Freedom Fest?(We yelled "Hold!" when we wanted everyone to stop.) Also is that the professor that goes to Pennsic in the second one? And with the last one... do you live next door to one of the people from Shire?

hehe yes in referance to the freedom fest and the mall. No You know the Romans vs. the viking event at fort malden last weekend well the professor was one of those Romans. ans yes Andy/Pierre lives next door to me whee  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:54 pm
WitchyChick
+ You can't watch modern movies about medieval times with mundanes because you spend the entire time shouting about the imperfections in swordfighting, garb, speaking, etc.

::laughs:: That definitely applies to my lord and me.

We don't watch those kind of movies with our mudane friends anymore. sweatdrop whee

The only exception is the Lord of the Rings trilogy ('cause no one wants to be the poor fool who talks during that-- and subsequently gets everything within arms' reach thrown at him/her xd ).  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

KatAttk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:14 pm
Shelby_73
flames_of_emerald
Shelby_73

hehe yes in referance to the freedom fest and the mall. No You know the Romans vs. the viking event at fort malden last weekend well the professor was one of those Romans. ans yes Andy/Pierre lives next door to me whee

Oooh... That history professor might've killed me, or I may have killed him, tell him to come visit our shire. I might remember him and if I do that will be very scary and yes, you told me Andy/Pierre lives nextdoor to you today... but he's cuurently at War and so's Greta... what am I going to do without Greta?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:45 am
If you've ever killed a guy and shared a drink with him in that order.  

The Abortionater

dkabyssaldragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:16 pm
if you have had your girlfrind's mom buy you a dagger cuz your mother wasn't around to do it for you (happened to me at pennsic sweatdrop )

if you have ever compared your aromor to bling-bling

if you complain about the conceled weapon laws

if you ever called a knife a knife and meant it  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:52 pm
dkabyssaldragon
if you complain about the conceled weapon laws

of course, if you carry your weapons on the outside, they're not really concealed... teehee! blaugh  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:35 pm
(Okay, I may not have been deeply into SCA, but I have a few of these myself...)

-If you ever had to remind your lord that just because he's wearing a kilt, doesn't mean he gets to use your razor.

-If you have more wood and brass feast gear than you have mundane plates and bowls.

-If you have ever seen a straight man eye another man's garb and hiss "he stole my trim!!!"

-If you know more than one Body Song, or more than ten verses to any one body song.

-If you have ever been "blessed" by the An Tir Biffy Valkyries

-If you have more shape pointies than you have anything else

- If you respect 13th Warrior for speaking Old High Germanic instead of some random Scandinavian dialect.

- If you own a drinking horn  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces