Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
SHOULD THEY bring back Sailor Moon in US Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should they bring back Sailor Moon?
  yes
  no
View Results

-Cupcake Nemesis-

3,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:42 pm
I would love to say yes...but they would screw it up and we can still watch all of the seasons on you tube... mrgreen But it was still a good Idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:24 am
It would be great to see Sailor Moon back on American television, but if they did end up getting the final seasons of the anime it would be ruined. They would cut so much stuff out that we wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

They could put the cut version on tv and release the uncut version on dvd. That way people have a choice of which one they wanted to watch. We know that they release uncut and cut versions of tv shows, movies, animation, and more all the time.  

Iamsobored

Thankful Consumer

Tsuki_Usagi_san

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:13 pm
heart Pro-

Yes they should bring Sailor moon back because american television and corperations have become more open to the fact of gays and lesbians. Also they would finally realize that Sailor Moon is directed towards an older audience and would most likly be picked up by Adult Swim, HBO, or G4. In that light Sailor Moon would no longer be cut and contain the original story and relationship it originally had in the Japanese Versions.

wahmbulance Con-

No there is still a chance of ignorant American Television Corperations would look on Sailor Moon with a childish sense, thinking that it was made for children, therefore cutting all the "expliced" (sp?) content and putting it on like Jetix, or Tunami like it was before. Plus it would have bad voice actors that wouldn't fit the part and probably lead to a really bad Live Action with some teeny-bopper star. In addition Naoko is so pissed it would take alot of money and many apologies to even make her reconsider that american coperations are not willing to spend.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:36 pm
They reallyy should i love sailor moon! why did they take it off in the first place. omfgUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Ryu-a-true-Emo-wolf

User_8572

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:00 am
I just wish that they would Re-Release the Sailor Moon Manga... i mean, they came out with a new line of the series in Japan in '04. They condenced it down from 18 volumes to 12 (15 including side stories compiled into their own book... or 17 including Sailor V) But honestly, my Sailor Moon are in immaculate shape bcuz I bought 2 of them bcuz if you looked at the Pocket Mixx versions you knew they'd completely fall apart after actually being read... But now manga is made SO much better than past comics. So that's the only reason why I'd want them to release them again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 am
@Riku_Sora 998- they cut out all the things they thought were unethical like changing Uranus and Neptune from lovers to cousins, and changing Zoicite into a girl. It really pissed Naoko off so she basicly ripped up her contract with Fox and Cartoon Network and declaired she would never let America broadcast Sailor Moon  

Tsuki_Usagi_san

Syndrama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:36 pm
Tsuki_Usagi_san
@Riku_Sora 998- they cut out all the things they thought were unethical like changing Uranus and Neptune from lovers to cousins, and changing Zoicite into a girl. It really pissed Naoko off so she basicly ripped up her contract with Fox and Cartoon Network and declaired she would never let America broadcast Sailor Moon

Actually, Toei was responsible for the removal of the contract giving permission for DiC and Cloverway to release any copies of their dubbing, including DVDs. Cartoon Network, Fox Entertainment, and Takeuchi-sensei had no hands in it. It was all Toei involved with Cloverway and DiC.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:29 pm
@~Alechsa~
That actually explains alot. I never knew the exact details like that. (never got all the legal stuff- very confusing). But I can tell you Naoko san was not happy about it. I've had the honor of talking to her once or twice.  

Tsuki_Usagi_san

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 am
I would love (lovelovelove) to see Sailor Moon in the states again, but the anime-- well, it's easy to tell it was animated 10 years ago. The manga would go just fine with today's crowd of anime fans, but the anime, as great as it is, lacks the visual "shine."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:50 pm
i say, no the dubbed sucks.  

Shoujo_Tohru

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:25 pm
When they dub it, it gets disgustingly corrupted... It's better subbed than dubbed... always. I'm happy that they never dubbed Stars, but I'm still just a little curious as to who they would get to voice the Stars characters...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:29 am
i think they should for a few reasons....

one- they re-dubb it so they get better voice actors and would put it on adult swim swear words and all

two- if they do you can get the merch again it would be a lot easier than the online prices go down A LOT

three- you tube does not have every episode..i know i have been watching it, which is why im trying to find sites to download it from, found one but it doesnt like my comp

four- if they re did it and had all the episodes they origionally cut out and then put put all of the edited stuff in, it would be better

five- i cant stand the jap voice actors i dont kno about you but i feel most of the girls sound the same squeeky and high pitched it hurts my ears i cant stand it  

seshylvr

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:57 am
YES! Literal translations! They curse occaisionally in the Japanese version but they had to turn it into a kids show when they imported it to the States and elsewhere... They need to also put all the cut-out episodes back in with literal translations...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:41 pm
Yes!

Because the English version
was cancelled, we will never be able
to purchase billingual box sets.
Don't you think that's a bummer?

I think they should do English with the exact
same Japanese scripts, so no sensoring.
(Of course there will be sensoring and cuts when
its on tv, but you should be able to buy the uncut
English version on DVD)

I mean, cmon, it sucks so much that we can
only buy the uncut Japanese version, with only
subtitles.

zombiemoof

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:36 pm
They screwed it up enough the first time it came to the States. They shouldn't do it again. stare  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff