Virigina Tech Shooting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Particle Wad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:07 pm
a_sin_for_him
I was watching the news today, and did anyone else hear about all the other schools That Have had similar issues Right after the virginia tech incident!?....
There were about 10 other school that either had students bring in guns, or bomb threats, or hit lists... only a few days after virginia tech!! It was crazy!

Were the guns for self-defense, or for mass mutilation? Hmmm . . . maybe those students were just jealous of that dude for all the fame and wanted to top him? neutral

But I dunno if my opinion is really weird or not, but I think if students were allowed to carry guns, one coulda shot the guy before he killed all those other people. Or maybe he mighta thought twice 'cause someone coulda had a gun, but then again he did shoot himself . . . I dunno but I personally think it coulda been evaded if they allowed guns. But that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:32 pm
a_sin_for_him
I was watching the news today, and did anyone else hear about all the other schools That Have had similar issues Right after the virginia tech incident!?....
There were about 10 other school that either had students bring in guns, or bomb threats, or hit lists... only a few days after virginia tech!! It was crazy!
Oh, how horrible the power of suggestion...[Warning-This may have little to do with the topic] With more and more schools getting zero-tolerence policies, and more and more adolescents listening to what I call "poser music" [rap, hiphop, pop], things seem to be getting worse. The rap seems to be the worst, though. Take Uke^^Shuichi's little brother, Jordan, for example. He constantly listens to "poser music". He threatens people. He brings knives to school. He brainwashes his peers into thinking it's okay to have sex before they're teens and make hitlists. He kills & injures animals around our neighborhood. And Jordan's only in fifth grade. See how horrible the power of suggestion is?  

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

2aetH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:33 am
I'm not sorry. Before you flame me, let me explain.

I can't feel pity for someone or some people I do not know. However, I can do my best to sympathize, although pity will come into no part of that.

So I do feel for everyone involved.

Here's the deal: Yes, in America, guns are easier to obtain. And they always will be. We have an amendment, the 2nd amendment of our Constitution, that states we have the right to bear arms. We can own weapons, and we have been able to since the country was founded.

And it's unlikely that will change, because changing that fundamental right in our country would cause many Americans to see that as the government imposing on our freedom.

Let me state that guns don't kill, people kill. Remember that. If he couldn't have gotten the guns legally, he would have got them illegally, and if not, he would have set a bomb, or gone through with a knife. If he had it in his mind to harm people, he would do it, regardless of the method.

Also, Dragon, I think it's very inconsiderate of you to mock a tragedy. Mock the media's coverage of it, mock the people uninvolved who think they know what they're talking about, but never mock the people directly involved. How would you like it if someone shot your family and friends dead, and all anyone did was laugh?

I don't care who you are, or what you consider yourself to be. Feel empathy for your fellow human, even if you don't think you're one. Yea, you know what I mean.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:55 am
he killed 33 people and it's a KOREAN again i have korean friends and they can be really wierd my sister had a korean friend once and their wierd

but fgt about it

sorry to the 33 people who died i had a friend who had 2 korean friends there luckily they went out before he started shooting i pity them  

xslipknotmaniacx

Umberella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:59 am
Raeth+exe

Also, Dragon, I think it's very inconsiderate of you to mock a tragedy. Mock the media's coverage of it, mock the people uninvolved who think they know what they're talking about, but never mock the people directly involved. How would you like it if someone shot your family and friends dead, and all anyone did was laugh?.

It's COOL to be all badass and aloof.
I wasn't really affected by it until I read about this guy:

Liviu Librescu, 76, was a Holocaust survivor who, his son said, will be remembered as a hero. He "blocked the doorway with his body and asked the students to flee," Joe Librescu told the AP. "Students started opening windows and jumping out." The elder Librescu, a professor at Virginia Tech, was recognized internationally for his research in aeronautical engineering, the head of the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech told the AP. He was born and received his advanced degrees in Romania.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:15 pm
Umberella
Raeth+exe

Also, Dragon, I think it's very inconsiderate of you to mock a tragedy. Mock the media's coverage of it, mock the people uninvolved who think they know what they're talking about, but never mock the people directly involved. How would you like it if someone shot your family and friends dead, and all anyone did was laugh?.

Liviu Librescu, 76, was a Holocaust survivor who, his son said, will be remembered as a hero. He "blocked the doorway with his body and asked the students to flee," Joe Librescu told the AP. "Students started opening windows and jumping out." The elder Librescu, a professor at Virginia Tech, was recognized internationally for his research in aeronautical engineering, the head of the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech told the AP. He was born and received his advanced degrees in Romania.

I think I heard of that guy in Social Studies when we were discussing it. Although I didn't catch whether he survived or died.  

Particle Wad

chickajasmine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:18 pm
I feel so bad for them. cry crying  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:58 pm
Eh. I could honestly care less.
People die everyday, I don't see what's the big deal in this.

Nero PsyKoTiX

2aetH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:51 pm
Nero-PsyKoTiX
Eh. I could honestly care less.
People die everyday, I don't see what's the big deal in this.

Well, since it's put directly in front of our face in the media, it becomes more important. >.<

Sure, they didn't deserve to die, or maybe they did. We don't know. Yea, people die everyday, but not everyone just goes to class and gets shot out of nowhere.

My moods change from moment to moment, and quite honestly, the empathy I felt towards the tragedy just a couple days ago has started to fade already. I didn't know anyone there, like I've said. I sent them my condolences, and now I don't have anything else to do about it, so it's gone into the background.

Actually, on the news last night, I was getting pissed off, because they're comparing the guy who shot everyone, Cho Seung-Hui, to that guy off of the Korean movie, Oldboy. And that's just plain stupid as hell to me. Leave it to the media to blame other influences. Maybe he was just ******** in the head, and maybe that's all there was to it. Maybe he was a guy who didn't know how to deal with his own emotions or socialize, and he thought it was easier to kill a bunch of people then kill himself then ask a chick out for a date.

Maybe he was just a socially inept dumbass. But where the hell did one of my favorite movies come into play with this? O.o

He just seemed like that to me, this Cho guy. He was scared and afraid and antisocial and he wouldn't ask for help and no one offered him any, so he went out and took action in an inappropriate way. They compared him to the Columbine killers, saying that he considered them "martyrs." But I don't think he's even close to them. The Columbine guys were more extroverted than him. They were all "if you do this s**t to us, we'll ******** kill you," while Cho was like "You decietful charlatans, rage is in my heart, terror is in my soul, yadda yadda yadda." It seemed to me all he was doing was acting out one of those plays he wrote up.

Two entirely different personas to me, they just ended up the same way.

Either way, the whole damn thing pisses me off and makes me sad at the same time, not because of the shooting itself, but because the whole American society and government has to self-critique itself because some, like I said, socially inept dumbass can't learn to cope with his own damn emotions.

So, since I'm getting pissed, here's my rant:

This guy, it's HIS fault. It's not the police's fault, it's not the students' faults, it's not the teachers', it's not the school's, it's not the government's, it's not the easy access to guns, or the law's, or anyone else but HIS. Blame the guy who shot 32 people for shooting 32 people, and no one else. He could have dealt with it differently. Many people do. He was an anomaly, and he ******** up.

There were ways we could have reduced the casualties, I'll give you that. There was no way we could have seen it coming, however. The whole world isn't psychic, and putting more restrictions on people only serves to piss them off. I'm sick of my freedoms being taken away because someone thinks it's a good idea to kill a bunch of people. If we had arrested him, he would have gotten back out and killed some people anyways. If someone's determined to do something to this point, they'll do it one way or another.

There you go!! The reason everyone's so freaked out about this is because school's supposed to be safe. We go to school, and we don't expect 32 people to be shot. Because of our false sense of security, it scares us even more.

Plus, half the public's going "what a dumbass, this Cho guy! I can't believe he would do this. Why would anyone do this? How stupid is this? I'm in a state of shock out of this man's stupidity, because no normal human being would do this, for no apparent reason! And in a school, much less!"

We don't need to impose stricter gun laws, or increase school security. What we need to do is teach our kids what guns can really do, and punish them for even thinking it's okay to just kill someone because you're mad. We should teach our public, from youth, how to properly use a gun, what to do if someone uses a gun stupidly, and give people the right to hurt someone who's trying to kill a bunch of people.

Honestly, what would I have done in this situation? I'd have hidden in a room like a scared rabbit in some bushes. But if push came to shove, I'd have grabbed some textbooks and knocked the s**t out him until he was either unconscious or dead. Most likely dead.

/end rant.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:08 pm
I've heard of it on the news, but no one I know was there.

Evil-Olive

Nero PsyKoTiX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:09 pm
Eh. Like I said beforehand, I could care less.

The difference between Cho and Reb and Vodka(Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold) was that Cho was a random heretic dumbass, while the two kids were downright geniuses. Cho planned a shootout, Reb and Vodka planned a bombing, shootout, hijacking, and overall an act of terrorism. What Cho did was an act of hate and anger, what Reb and Vodka planned was an act that would have started a war if it were anyone else.

If it were not for a few factors that failed to come into play, Reb and Vodka would have gone through with the biggest overall massacre in U.S. history. But thus, bombs failed to go boom, guns want bang bang kerplat, the two 'gets did not live long enough to even get to the airport.

I like to compare the acts of Kimveer Gill and Cho Seung-Hui, only one was moreso successful than the other. But the actions were one and the same.

Columbine and Virginia Tech were FAR from similar.

It also doesn't help that the media seems to stretch the stuff that involves kids(in this case, a very young man) further than they really need to be stretched, whereas they do no such thing to crimes involving grown adults(U.S. citizens, anyway). It just reminds me of that one thing Marilyn Manson said at a speech once. I think it went somewhere along the lines of "Is adult entertainment killing our kids, or is killing our kids entertaining adults?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:57 pm
I heard about it last night from my friend....it made me so sick just thinking about it.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]

The Dadalorian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:43 pm
that college gets a lot of fights too
but why'd it have o be a college?
why not a place with stupid people?
we need to get rid of stupid people
and i don't mean down syndrome people
so don't rag on me about that
but still not shooting is right, and i've sen videos of people getting shot, it's not something to be proud about or wish upon anyone.
just because some rich people are snobs does not mean the people he shot were, but everyone has a snobby side  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:39 pm
The VTech shooting was a horrible thing. ANY senseless act of violence is.

My heart goes out to all of those slain in the shooting.

To ash: Thank you so much for the candle website. It is very nice. (I lit a candle...)  

DreamerSpirit

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:53 am
Particle Wad
Umberella
Raeth+exe

I think I heard of that guy in Social Studies when we were discussing it. Although I didn't catch whether he survived or died.

He died fending off the gunman to let his students escape. He is definitely a hero.

@ Raeth+exe: Empathy is the only thing people ask for.

@Nero-PsyKoTiX: What you say is true, but Raeth-exe is also right. It's easy to believe people dying of natural causes or otherwise "small", every-day tragedies (fire, robbery gone wrong, et cetera)

When it's kids in such a large number, it becomes a huge deal. I can understand a little bit why it's being stretched out of proportion by the media (still don't understand why they gave so much coverage to Anna Nicole Smith overdosing)

Because of random twists of fate, Cho found a way to beat Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold through numbers. But even though Virginia Tech and Columbine are very different, Columbine is what everyone remembers well enough to compare to the VT Massacre. Is hate about the numbers or the fame?

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff