Pansexual
  Homosexual
View Results

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:04 am
No way dude!?!? jus b/c we're different doesn't mean all of us literally or fictionally hafta be that way.... Whoever thinks that is stupid and should keep their opinions to themselves... stare

Plus, its disrespectful and i'm sick of that s**t....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:45 pm
It seems to be, like every other stereotype. Goths seem to be more okay with lesbians than with gay males. I happen to be a lesbian and I have noticed that fellow goths seem to be more accepting of my partner and I than my gay friend and his partner. It also seems to be that in gothic art you see more female couples than male.  

tears_of_blood_452

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:56 pm
Anne Rice is referenced way too much in this guild.

I don't think Gothic culture is repressive of homosexuality at all. Of all the sub-cultures I think Goth is right up there with the most accepting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:16 am
(You forgot one in your poll: asexual)  

ringwraith10

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:17 am
spooky_sez

I don't think Gothic culture is repressive of homosexuality at all. Of all the sub-cultures I think Goth is right up there with the most accepting.

Agree and agree. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:54 pm
ringwraith10
spooky_sez

Agree and agree. 3nodding

i agree right wit u! I have a lot of friends that are goth and most of them like the same sex or both, including me. 3nodding  

babykitty18

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:01 pm
spooky_sez

Agreed, passionately.

spooky_sez

I think that's a reasonable characterization of the whole, though, as with everything, such statements can't be applied to EVERYONE in the culture. I'm sure there are more than a few homophobic goths out there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:56 am
Most everyone where I live think just because you're Gothic, you're bisexual or gay, or the other way around. I am bisexual, proud to admit, but everyone's been giving me the title 'gothic' or 'emo' just because. But since more people are assuming that, I think the goth nation needs to proudly support homosexual love.

this wretched thing

Shapeshifter

babykitty18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 pm
Marie - PKMN Researcher
Most everyone where I live think just because you're Gothic, you're bisexual or gay, or the other way around. I am bisexual, proud to admit, but everyone's been giving me the title 'gothic' or 'emo' just because. But since more people are assuming that, I think the goth nation needs to proudly support homosexual love.

I second ur notion! In my school goth and gay/bisexual are completely different from each other. There plenty of gay/bi peeps that are no where near gothic and there are many goths that are no where near gay or bi. Thats y love my school! heart xd
p.s. it just so happens that the goths i hang out wit...most are gay or bi, no one really cares *shrugs* neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:49 am
ringwraith10
(You forgot one in your poll: asexual)

-laughs- I know my sister is!

this wretched thing

Shapeshifter

Enviousfairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:52 am
this is an awkward and random topic to write about. so im not going to write anything lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:26 am
i am okay with all of them really. To tell you the truth half of my close friends are gay or bi. Hell I done a few of them. I think you forgot this asexual.  

Lifesucks411

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:15 pm
My boyfriend and I are both bisexual goths. Around here it's not expected that goths are all homo or bisexual. But I do see more bi people in the gothic subculture than in any others (not including emo...I don't go there and stay far away).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 am
Kohanna13
I think that sexuality isn't really important, more the person. Yes sometimes people stereotype but you can't help it. I have bi, straight and gay friends and I love them all the same.

I have to agree with her on that.  

Heavenly Intoxication

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas