Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Harry Potter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:12 pm
Lee Kushrenada
8's!!! eek
I use 9's and it takes me about 2 week's. ...I do them to scale, and I'm assuming I'm a bit taller than you are, but still.
well good luck, I really hope you get them all done.
what kind are you useing?

What kind am I using? Well, between the two of us we've got about four different ones going, all on different needles. There's one on a pair of Susan Bates acrylic straights, one or two on boye aluminum circulars, and one on a boye circular from the interchangeable set.
We're making them as hollow scarves and putting a plastic baggy with a lucky penny and some wishes of the person it's going to in it.
And we're using Cascade 220 for the slytherin and ravenclaw scarves and Cascade Luna for the hufflepuff scarves. Oddly enough no one asked for a Gryffindor scarf.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:03 pm
that's cool, but I meant are you making movie 1&2 scarves, or the newer one's?
I like the newer ones myself.
and I really like how your putting things inside of them. 3nodding that's a cool idea.  

Lee Kushrenada

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:11 pm
so yesterday, I was a one of the yarn shop's near my town.
I got a gift for 25$ there so I thought I would go get some yarn... I've been wanting the make a black mesh pull over.

so wile I was looking another woman came in, and was frustrated that they were out of kind's of red yarn.
the woman at the counter said it was because they were selling it all out to people making Harry Potter scarves. xd I just about died.

so any how, I just have about another 2 more inches to do on my Gryffindor scarf, and I'm done. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:27 am
I am currently starting my first knitting project- a ravenclaw scarf. Plain garter stitch, but it has the right stripes. ^^ Since I hate the movie costumes with a passion, I dont care if it looks like the movies.  

Silver Mist

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:48 pm
well I'm done with my Gryffindor scarf! blaugh

I'm so glad it's FINALY done... its not that it really took that long to make... I have just not had that much time to work on it, so it feel's like it took for ever.

I'll post pictures of it as soon as I can. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:05 am
*is vastly sleep deprived and bored*

First posting here but I felt compelled to tell somebody of the fact that in the past four weeks I've started/completed:

-2 knit Tonks hair hats
-1 movie-ish Ravenclaw scarf (PoA bars and Cos tassels)
-1 PoA movie scarf in Hufflepuff colors (yellow is brighter though)
-1 half PoA Gryffindor Scarf
-1 Hufflepuff robe (inspired by the style seen in the CoS PC game)

I'm over the moon by how much work I've gotten done considering that all scarves are approx 8 feet long on size five needles!

Yayness for HP knitting!  

Ace Ryn Knight

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:42 pm
Le sigh, I always start on these things late. Just when I think I might get around to making myself a Ravenclaw scarf, movie is just about out and the books are done (not a big fan of the movies. I go see them once in theaters and then that's it).

It's kind of a joke between me and the other HP fan/knitter I know to grab a knitlite, and turn it on while saying "Lumos." It makes us giggle every time.

Hi, I'm five. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:33 pm
Ace Ryn Knight
*is vastly sleep deprived and bored*

First posting here but I felt compelled to tell somebody of the fact that in the past four weeks I've started/completed:

-2 knit Tonks hair hats
-1 movie-ish Ravenclaw scarf (PoA bars and Cos tassels)
-1 PoA movie scarf in Hufflepuff colors (yellow is brighter though)
-1 half PoA Gryffindor Scarf
-1 Hufflepuff robe (inspired by the style seen in the CoS PC game)

I'm over the moon by how much work I've gotten done considering that all scarves are approx 8 feet long on size five needles!

Yayness for HP knitting!

wow, way to go!
I like how your doing your own thing with the scarves and robes... I have to say that I make them just like the movies, even though I'm not a big fan of the movies at all... I just go to the midnight show's. xd

I put together the black part of my robe, now I just have to make the red, and put them together. 3nodding and I really need to go buy a new white shirt.  

Lee Kushrenada

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:34 pm
Im dressing up as Trewlany and my friend is dressing as Tonks! we're dressing her little kitten up as macgonagle (sorry for the awfull spelling errors) Ill post pics when we do it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:59 pm
I finished my friend's Slytherin scar today.
I didn't allow myself to work on any knitting untill it was done, so after I did it, I went out to a fiber store and got more wool to spin. blaugh  

Lee Kushrenada

Alekusu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:55 pm
how would I be able to find someone to teach me how to knitt for cheap or free?
sorry, I know It's completly off topic butt I'm intrested in knitting. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:30 pm
The_Mad_Hatter 92
how would I be able to find someone to teach me how to knitt for cheap or free?
sorry, I know It's completly off topic butt I'm intrested in knitting. sweatdrop

Learn to Knit via Internet

also you can search for local knitting groups and yarn stores for in person help  

Fionamule

KingToon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:05 am
knitting_needle_ninja
Le sigh, I always start on these things late. Just when I think I might get around to making myself a Ravenclaw scarf, movie is just about out and the books are done (not a big fan of the movies. I go see them once in theaters and then that's it).

It's kind of a joke between me and the other HP fan/knitter I know to grab a knitlite, and turn it on while saying "Lumos." It makes us giggle every time.

Hi, I'm five. xd

I do that me and my friends where on the bus comming home from festival so it was dark out and we got out my knitlites and did that. It's fun to fake magic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:15 pm
I made a cloak out of a very nice blue fabric so my friend and I could dress up for the midnight showing of HP OotP. It took me a full day and some and we were able to finish the hem right before we left to get in line. It was awseome and I had a great time making the cloak, unfortunately, I have yet to get pictures of it. Yes it is for ravenclaw, although it doesn't meet the particular standards of the dress code, you can still tell it is ravenclaw and that it is a costume for HP. As soon as I can get pictures, I'll post them.  

~Viva~Per~Amore~

Alekusu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:08 pm
i know this is off topic but I'm going to a party in a few days dressed as sirius and im just going to throw a costume together, so what do you think i should weare?

I'm wearing a house coat and tore up jeans so I'm realy just wondering about shoes and a shirt. ^_^

oh yes I've also got this blond streak in my hair and I don't know what to do with it  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff