Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you excited?
  Hell yes!!!!
  It's just not the same...
View Results

moonzeppelin8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:25 pm
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!! I saw spider man 3 and I saw the trailer for this film and I forgot to remember the title and I couldnt find it . lol this makes me so happy!I'd see this movie if it was with Beatle songs or not!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:31 pm
I belive it comes out tommorow or the day after tommorow...  

Lennie the Fish

5,350 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

HistoryWak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:38 pm
Frozen Squirrel
cantxtouchxthis
I'm very excited for this movie. It's about time they have a musical of Beatles songs!

They did with the Sgt. Pepper movie with Peter Frampton and The Bee Gees. About everyone hates that movie for some reason. I love it!

That movie was said to have killed Peter Frampton's career.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:42 pm
Th erelease date got moved to the 28th!!! I AM ANGRY!! evil scream evil scream  

Lennie the Fish

5,350 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

HistoryWak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 pm
Lennie the Fish

It did??!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:13 am
The movie's actually been out for about a week already here in SF but i havent had a chance to see it yet gonk I'M DYING TO SEE IT.  

JustMe.

The_Great_White_Snark
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:10 am
Lennie the Fish

Oh thank god.

I'm not going to die after all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:52 pm
So I just got back from seeing it and I still don't know what to think. It was VERY theatrical, and I have to say I LOVED all the giant puppets and the scary masks. Taymor definitely pulled out all the stops when it came to that.

I thought a lot of the sequences were really moving and meaningful (like the opening sequence with Girl and Hold Me Tight....I freaked) but some were just....confusing (like Strawberry Fields). A lot of sensory overload and not much in the way of character development or plot. The timeline confused me a little, what with them being at the Cavern at the beginning, and singing I am the Walrus that same summer. The whole movie had a very dreamlike feeling to it.

The visuals themselves were just mindblowing. I think that's what I liked best about it. It was a joy to look at- very beautiful (Jude and Maxwell were pretty easy on the eyes as well). What it lacks in substance it makes up for in visual creativity.

Overall, I give it 3 out of 5.  

Ophelias Bathwater
Crew

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100

Beccaecka

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:17 pm
I saw it today as well. I really enjoyed it, although I don't have a high opinion on things so I can't really say if it's EXCELLENT or SUCKY but yeah, personally I enjoyed it very much. heart I"ve been so excited for like, weeks to see it and when I was sitting in the theater with my friend, and the movie started, I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:22 pm
Oh my goshness, I saw it today. It was so amazing, every last bit of it. The storyline went completely different than what I thought, but it was still amazing.  

egginaframe

RockStarKittyBabe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:15 pm
I saw it in the theatre with xKuro Tsutax on the day it came out where we live. I have sort of mixed feelings about it...

I enjoyed the "sensory overload" scenes much more than I did anything at the beginning. I thought the less-artistic songs were some of the weakest points in the film. Probably my favorite part of the entire movie was "I Want You (She's So Heavy)".

All in all, it was a pretty fun film, but the Broadway-esque voices of some of the actors grated on me. Needless to say, nothing can compare to the original Beatles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:53 am
Whoever says they weren't misty-eyed when "Let It Be" played is a liar.  

Lilac Violin

Bugsy Jacquelyn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:38 pm
Mr Ringo Starr

So true. Though I get misty-eyed when that song plays anyway.
I'm glad you and I got to see it together.

I've tried to avoid this thread until seeing it in case of spoilers.
But I saw it on my trip out of town. TWICE! I was hoping to see it in SF when I was doing the Imagine Peace activism on John's birthday but they weren't playing it anymore. What the Hell?

I dug the movie. The plot was pretty weak, but the songs were well done and it was visually stimulating. I didn't have to go sober once if you catch my drift.
; )

I Want You (She's So Heavy) was probably my favorite part. The split symbolism was perfect. John would have appreciated that for sure.

(& I have to agree with Color-Me, those boys were hot. I want me one. Hah.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:39 pm
I really think Taymor did a great job visually and she did do direct Lion King on bway so it kind of explains the puppets. The plot was pretty bad but there were some scenes I really enjoyed such as the army initiation scene and all you need is love. Lucy was hot.  

Froggy5657

Lilac Violin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:17 pm
Bugsy Jacquelyn
Mr Ringo Starr

So true. Though I get misty-eyed when that song plays anyway.
I'm glad you and I got to see it together.

I've tried to avoid this thread until seeing it in case of spoilers.
But I saw it on my trip out of town. TWICE! I was hoping to see it in SF when I was doing the Imagine Peace activism on John's birthday but they weren't playing it anymore. What the Hell?

I dug the movie. The plot was pretty weak, but the songs were well done and it was visually stimulating. I didn't have to go sober once if you catch my drift.
; )

I Want You (She's So Heavy) was probably my favorite part. The split symbolism was perfect. John would have appreciated that for sure.

(& I have to agree with Color-Me, those boys were hot. I want me one. Hah.)

Word. The problem I had were some of the characters. The landlord just didnt go well with the movie. Anytime she sang, I wanted to plug my ears.

Jude was the best character in the movie, thats for damn sure.  
Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff