Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
"You're to young" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever been told you're to young to (insert craft here)?
  yep
  nope
View Results

Alekusu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:13 am
My grandma thinks it odd that i want to sew but i think thats because she thinks ill be making dresses for myself. which i wont she just thinks that i will. i know if I toled any of the guys at my school they would give me alot of crap. but I'm fine with my wanting to sewand they can just go bother someone else.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:49 am
You could ask her to teach you how to sew pants, just for her to let go of this fear xd Or else, you can say the dress you're working on is for a friend of yours, or something like that... I think it might be really odd for a grandma having her grandson asking her how to make dresses, after all... different generations, and all that jazz =]

My mother told me one of her male co-workers was a very skilled knitter. But she only came to know of that because his sister told her xd I wouldn't do any differently if I were a guy, though. xp

Oh, and yesterday my boyfriend saw me knitting and said it was for old ladies. stare So, forget about what I said in my previous post - Now I've already been directly told I'm too young for that. xp  

Julia Pegasus

Bashful Lunatic

Bucket~Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:05 am
I haven't been told I'm too young, though some people I know found it odd when they figured out I sew. One of my friends knits, and when all the boys found out (because I was wearing a wristband she knitted for me) they all wanted her to make them wristbands. That's how ghetto my school was. xp

But my knitting friend and I went to go get pedicures before our 8th grade dance(I'm that young. T.T) and she was knitting, and I was cross stitching while we got them done, and we were chatting like old ladies. xD The Chinese people that were doing our nails said that it was odd but great that we were so young and doing things like that, and that back in their part of China we would have easily found husbands. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:05 pm
Bucket~Turtle
I haven't been told I'm too young, though some people I know found it odd when they figured out I sew. One of my friends knits, and when all the boys found out (because I was wearing a wristband she knitted for me) they all wanted her to make them wristbands. That's how ghetto my school was. xp

But my knitting friend and I went to go get pedicures before our 8th grade dance(I'm that young. T.T) and she was knitting, and I was cross stitching while we got them done, and we were chatting like old ladies. xD The Chinese people that were doing our nails said that it was odd but great that we were so young and doing things like that, and that back in their part of China we would have easily found husbands. XD

xd Thats awesome. ^^ I am always getting weird looks fro carrying stuff with me. The guy I've been seeing is convinced I'm not happy if I dont have yarn, fabric, or something pointy (arrows, mostly) in my hand. I rather think hes right.  

Silver Mist

rachel_wedgiegirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:19 am
my mum wont let me make outfits because im too young!!!! but thats a tonne of ****  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:05 am
I hate that. not just crafts, apparently im too young to be a mangaka too.....! mad mad scream scream  

Moko117

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:55 am
Gotta love societies expectations.... Arg....

*ish deeply annoyed with society because most people feel they ought to slam doors in the face of cripples on crutchs instead of holding the door for them*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:35 am
I'm not sure what annoys me more - people who think teenagers are too young to craft or people who think men can't craft, period.  

Brunette_Star

Revolution4AGeneration

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:57 pm
has never happened to me  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:18 pm
Knitting's the cool thing to do for youngish females where i live. My grandma has been trying to teach me how to crochet since i was four, but i just now started paying attention. Wish i had paid more attention earlier.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:36 am
Tes
Yugure no Tasogare
I've gotten the too young reaction before, when I was crocheting in 4th grade, but now people are looking at me with a "wtf are you doing" sort of look when I knit.
~
Haha that reminds me, February when I was going on vacation I took one of my small sewing projects with me to work on while on the plane, there were these three probably colledge age boys across the isle one turned to the other and whispered, "what is she dooing?"; to which he got the response "she's sewwwing *gasp*". I just cackled to myself, more people need to be exposed to crafting still.
~

they let you bring needles on a plane!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:23 pm
Yeah, that's kinda annoying. gonk Thankfully, most of the people I craft with are all too happy to share their crafts, and none of them bother me about being 'too young'.  

KariudoMegami

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces