Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Blood+ ]
Suggestions, Problems, Questions, and Comments. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D-i-v-a
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:45 am
Miss Chocolate Kiss
Oooh, I just had a thought!

You know how we have that Fanworks subforum? Maybe we could make a Fanworks Brainstorming subforum!

Because you can only post your finished works in the Fanworks subforum, I think it would be cool to just get together with other members and discuss possible art/fanfiction ideas.

I'd totally use it. 3nodding cheese_whine

hmmm, thats actually a VERY good idea, but I say it would be pretty dead, if it were it's own subforum, maybe just a sticky note thread on the fanworks subforum.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:51 pm
D-i-v-a
Miss Chocolate Kiss
Oooh, I just had a thought!

You know how we have that Fanworks subforum? Maybe we could make a Fanworks Brainstorming subforum!

Because you can only post your finished works in the Fanworks subforum, I think it would be cool to just get together with other members and discuss possible art/fanfiction ideas.

I'd totally use it. 3nodding cheese_whine

hmmm, thats actually a VERY good idea, but I say it would be pretty dead, if it were it's own subforum, maybe just a sticky note thread on the fanworks subforum.

Yeah, that's true, and then people could get disorganized as to where they put things, so I'd be happy with a Sticky. whee  

Civilight Eterna

Lonely Nerd

8,250 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

Chariz Allison
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:53 am
Hello Diva, any suggestions for the Halloween Guild Event? :Whee:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:42 am
Chariz Allison
Hello Diva, any suggestions for the Halloween Guild Event? :Whee:

Hmm I've been thinking of having a little contest, but I still need more ideas on that, I was first thinking a costume contest, who could cosplay the Blood+ characters the best without looking at the tektek.org thread we have, but then some don't have the gold to do it.  

D-i-v-a
Captain

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:33 pm
I have a suggestion for a new sub-forum.

one for archiving old threads (i.e - contest and such) it could be called Joel's Diary xp , if it's a good idea I'll donate the gold to the guild for it 4laugh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:10 pm
Hisokani
I have a suggestion for a new sub-forum.

one for archiving old threads (i.e - contest and such) it could be called Joel's Diary xp , if it's a good idea I'll donate the gold to the guild for it 4laugh

I think thats an excellent idea~! Very clever! Do not worry about the gold, The guild has much saved up due to very generous donations, but could you elaborate how exactly are we going to use the sub-forum?

D-i-v-a
Captain

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:41 pm
Sort of like Gaia's Memorable Threads forum. We could use it for the Guilds archiving of old/dead threads as well as past contests. Members could view it but not post in the threads (not sure if sub-forums can just be viewed and not posted in)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:10 am
Hmm sure~! Sounds good enough to me~ And yeah~ were just gonna have lock all the threads we put there ^^I think we should first look through all the threads and decide whats dead a memorable enough to put there (or are we just doing Dead threads?) either way I like your idea~!

D-i-v-a
Captain

Chariz Allison
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:48 pm
Hello mates~

Chariz is really really REALLY sorry for not being so active.
It's been like whoa~ busy days crying
So, maybe i'll do some lurking, less posting.
And then again, im sorry~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:04 am
How about a forum for beta reading? You know, the writer, or drawer if it's visual art, could post their work in a dedicated thread and others could comment? Then when the final work is posted the thread could be removed to make way for others?  

Beast Master Zelas

D-i-v-a
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:26 pm
Beast Master Zelas
How about a forum for beta reading? You know, the writer, or drawer if it's visual art, could post their work in a dedicated thread and others could comment? Then when the final work is posted the thread could be removed to make way for others?

Hmm, that's actually a pretty clever Idea, like you mean make a BETA sub-forum, we could also have listings for Constuctives Critiques (people who are more the happy to hlep those who ask for it) and bETA readers that won't mind re-reading and editing fanfiction.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:48 pm
D-i-v-a
Beast Master Zelas

Hmm, that's actually a pretty clever Idea, like you mean make a BETA sub-forum, we could also have listings for Constuctives Critiques (people who are more the happy to hlep those who ask for it) and bETA readers that won't mind re-reading and editing fanfiction.

Oh, so that's what a BETA is! (i only starting posting fanfics a month ago sweatdrop ) They edit fan fics! 3nodding that sounds cool! It's tough finding the time to edit fics, sometimes. It's also good to have a fresh set of eyes look at the work once in a while.  

YamiCheza
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:07 am
YamiCheza
D-i-v-a
Beast Master Zelas

Oh, so that's what a BETA is! (i only starting posting fanfics a month ago sweatdrop ) They edit fan fics! 3nodding that sounds cool! It's tough finding the time to edit fics, sometimes. It's also good to have a fresh set of eyes look at the work once in a while.

Awww... I envy you guys...
~Maybe I'll write a fanfic in my spare time... A delayed project of mine...~
Pity there's a few stories concerning blood+ >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:50 am
Yup. A Beta subforum was what I was thinking. I see it working something like, let's say I'm writing a fanfic (Blood + of course...) I'd post the chapter I was working on and people who wanted to Beta read could look at it and heap the much deserved lavish praise on it, er, that is, offer delicate and scintillating fine tuning tweeks... blaugh

And try not to laugh at the spelling mistakes, after re-reading something say 20+ times as you work on it you sometimes train your eyes to see something as being right even if it isn't... redface (I say this because I find I have the least amount of diffuculty getting other people to read anything I've written if I use "Notepad". The *.txt files are so simple that very few computers have a problem with them. But... no spell checker...)

After I finally get it right I could post it to a permanent place, wither here on the guild or up at fanfiction.net or wherever, and to save space the beta thread could be removed by the mods and the next chapter could be put up when ready. biggrin  

Beast Master Zelas

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:29 am
Beast Master Zelas
Yup. A Beta subforum was what I was thinking. I see it working something like, let's say I'm writing a fanfic (Blood + of course...) I'd post the chapter I was working on and people who wanted to Beta read could look at it and heap the much deserved lavish praise on it, er, that is, offer delicate and scintillating fine tuning tweeks... blaugh

And try not to laugh at the spelling mistakes, after re-reading something say 20+ times as you work on it you sometimes train your eyes to see something as being right even if it isn't... redface (I say this because I find I have the least amount of diffuculty getting other people to read anything I've written if I use "Notepad". The *.txt files are so simple that very few computers have a problem with them. But... no spell checker...)

After I finally get it right I could post it to a permanent place, wither here on the guild or up at fanfiction.net or wherever, and to save space the beta thread could be removed by the mods and the next chapter could be put up when ready. biggrin

Yeah, it's quite understandable the need for beta readers.Sometimes authors mostly need 2-3 beta readersto check the story for grammatical and spelling errors. Mmm, at least we having a beta reading forum, we could at least pinpoint the errors, help correct them and offer some tips and suggestions on the ongoing stories ^^.

~Wonder where I can find a beta reader... Maybe I'll find one after I finish the prologue >.>~  
[ Blood+ ]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff