Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [Joel's Diary]
Envy: It runs in the Family (Spoilers. :3)(Now Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Person Count!
+1
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 12

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:19 am
Enigma watched helplessly at the girl as she turned away, her eyes filled with tears... Watching her in that state made him want to reach out to her... But for some reason, he can't... Just hearing her tell him to just leave just rooted him in that spot...

"Why..." He whispered, throwing down his weapon in frustration, "Why can't I help you..." He thought as he slowly wrapped the chain back on his arm, watching in distaste as his arm became normal...

normal

He willed himself to move closer to her, a step, then another... Before long he was behind her, just staring at the young lady...

"I know this may sound strange but... Truth be told... I know how your feeling... Your blaming yourself aren't you?" Enigma said softly, a beam of moonlight striking at her as he continued staring at her...

"I know it's useless to tell you this... But don't blame yourself... Blaming yourself would just make the horror of what you have just done grow, making yourself drown in despair..." He whispered softly, horrors of the past leafing through his mind... A friend's birthday, the carnage he had done... all his schoolmates, down on the floor lying dead, unrecognizable... Enigma shook it off, hating himself for that...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:08 pm
Enigma's voice entranced Erin, what he was saying- She shook her head slowly. "I blame myself becuase it's my fault..." she didn't bother to stop from finishing that sentence, and kept going. "It's my fault because I don't belong to this world, and I failed to kill myself before now. And you contradict yourself- you're the one drowning in misery; I'm just trying to correct a mistake that was made by two people, too long ago." fresh tears appeared in her eyes when she remembered that her creators had murdered their own daughter so they could remake her as a human weapon that would kill even more people. "I want to beleive in such things, but that was taken away from me before I even knew it had been." She wanted to believe that good could overcome evil- but that would be so childish to think that she could change what she was.

Kenaserenity
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:54 am
"you're the one drowning in misery"

Enigma flinched upon hearing those words... It was the first time someone had told him that...He let out a sad smile as she continued to pour her heart out... Before she could have any happiness, it was taken from her without even having a glimpse of it... Cursing himself for what sudden feelings he had felt, he slowly took something out of his coat and placed it on the floor, and picked up his scythe...

"If your really that desperate to die, there's a vial on the floor... It contains a blood that permanently kills us... I was gonna use it after I finish this mission... But it seems your need is greater than mine... It's yours if you want it... Just one word though," Enigma whispered as he leap through the air, "You decide what course of life you want to take... Nobody decides what your life is meant to be, it's you and only you that decides it..." Enigma vanished as he said those final words to her...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:19 am
For a while, Erin lay there, numb. Of course she didn't want to die, but it was so that she wouldn't hurt anyone else... Though she knew that she already had- she'd hurt Enigma by telling him to leave when he was trying to convince her to not commit suicide. Slowly, she sat up, looking over at the vial of red liquid, recalling his words, "I was gonna use it after I finish this mission" He'd had the same thoughts as her, deep down- that there was no use for creatures of thier kind and that they had no right to live. Maybe, in Enigma's attempt to save her, she'd accidentally saved him. By surrendering the vial, he couldn't kill himself. She crosssed her legs, assesing her choices- death or life? "It's you and only you that decides it..." his words echoed inside her head as if she were in some cavern. Tentatively, she reached out to pick up the glass tube, pausing, then retreating her hand. Startlingly, she remembered another person who'd shown her kindness and comfort in a completely different world from this- someone who'd promised to protect her from the crossfire on the battlefield... No, Demetri wasn't worth thinking about anymore. He'd betrayed her, but Enigma wouldn't. And she realized that, though he was giving her the choice to kill herself after all, he was giving her the choice to save herself as well. Erin stood and crossed the small gap between her and the vial, picking it up gently, and examining the blood it contained. It had no scent of appeal to her at all, and in fact it was actually quite unappealing to her.
For some reason, she felt oddly bound to the small container of the deadly fluid. And so she slipped it into her pocket, still having no excuse for failing another commitment to death. But Enigma wanter her to live... So, maybe she'd live just becuase of that.

Kenaserenity
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:02 am
Biting back the bitterness he flt, Enigma went back to the place he loved to go to... But as he arrived there, he was a bit surprised to see someone waiting for him there...

"Long time no see, Scarlethand" A beautiful girl with blue eyes said to him from a ledge.

"Well, well, if it isn't the blue eyed princess. So what brings you to this part of the neighborhood, and without your chevaliers, Rhapsody?" Enigma said, trying to think of any possibilities why she appeared before him... Then he remembered, the vial, he didn't have it...

"Don't worry, I won't do anything to you, at least not for now... I'm just here to look at the moon... By the way, that was a surprise, that event just moments ago... I never thought the famous Raven Hunter of SHIELD would be so concerned to a chiroptera..." Rhapsody said mockingly to him, a sly smile on her face...

"It's none of your business Rhapsody... Just remember, don't do anything to that girl... Her life is harsh as it is.. Now good bye" Enigma muttered angrily and left the blue eyed girl, who ws singing a haunting tune... just like death...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 pm
Erin was worried about where Enigma would have gone after leaving her with the vial, but she couldn't spare the time to track him down just at this moment. Her dress was still torn after she'd lost control. But she'd slowly taken money off of the people she'd fed on. There wasn't much, but there might just be enough for a new set of clothes. Right now, she made the dress she had right now look more presentable by ripping the trim on the bottom to match how far it'd been cut, and taking the length of the sleeves so they'd be at her shoulders... Maybe she could hire a tailor to sew the arms and trim instead of buying something new if she didn't have enough money for it. Tucking the shreds she'd torn off into her pocket, Erin began to head back towards town, taking a slow human pace to try and relax herself.

Kenaserenity
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:59 pm
Arriving back in his apartment, he quickly went to his room, kneeling in front of his bed, shaking as he grabbed the bite marks in his neck...

Just remember one thing Scarlethand, you aren't different from any of us... Hunt or be hunted... That's the life we live now...

The blue eyed princess final words came back to him, just before she sang that melancholic song... Too many things passed through his mind, his life as an operative... his life as a chevalier... Killing chiropteras even though he was one?

"Sigh old habits die hard... But still... Whether I'm a chevalier or just an ordinary human... Just remember Rhapsody... I hunt chiropteras... Not just to protect... but just like you said... Hunt or be hunted" Enigma thought, calming a little bit for his new found... He suddenly slumped into the ground, due to the lack of blood... He smiled sadly just before he lost consciousness, glad he didn't take another life today...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:31 pm
After trying a few stores, Erin had bought a white tanktop with black linning at the top, a pair of gloves, shorts, sneakers, and a miniture backpack. It was warm, and even if it were cold, she wouldn't mind it, seeing as the cheap prices had left her some money. It was better than nothing, but she still couldn't afford real food. She changed into her new clothes in the same store after she'd commited her purchase, emptied the pockets, and then she sadly said goodbye the her old dress, the last remaining thing of her almost human life. With new attire, she felt more comfortable, knowing that they were much more durable than the dress since it had been almost eight years. She'd carefully tucked the vial into her pack, and slung it over her shoulders, letting her hair fall to loosely it's full length. Erin was studying the card Enigma had given so recently, what seemed like so long ago. "I'll call him." she promised herself, walking over to the nearest phone booth, paying the price for a call, and dialing his number, butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

Kenaserenity
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:54 am
Enigma woke up from his deep slumber, rays of light glaring into his eyes... He sighed, taking off all the things he used the night before and placed in a safe place, then went directly to the bathroom, stepping right into the shower...

"I guess that's the last time I'll be seeing her..." Enigma muttered, the shower turned full on... It puzzled him why he cared so much for her... She was a chiroptera to begin with...

"The famous Raven Hunter of SHIELD letting a dangerous chiroptera loose... That isn't like you Scarlethand" The girl said to him mockingly, a sly smile on her face

He finished his bath and was back in his room, wearing his day clothes when his cell rang... Puzzled on who could be calling him this early, he took his phone and answered it...

"Hello?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:07 am
When she actually heard Enigma answer, she was clueless on what to say to him. "Hi, um..." she paused, the butterflies in her stomach beginning to fly around, feeling like they were banging against the walls in the small, confined space. The sheer happiness and embarrassment she felt hadn't been present for years- and it's strength suprised her. "It's me, Erin. I'm sorry for the other night, but I'm calling you, so I'm okay..." she babbled, not having talked to someone who she'd thought really knew her in what seemed like centuries. "Would you like to, uh, meet up somewhere?" She suddenly tried to suggest. It felt like she was back in highschool, trying to talk to a guy she liked, a feeling she never thought she'd have again- especially recently. Yet, here she was, standing in a pay-phone booth, coiling the cord around her fingers nervously, butterflies making her feel unsteady and unsure of herself, and talking to a boy who really knew her.

Kenaserenity
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:56 am
"EH???"

Startled, the phone started to fall down but Enigma grabbed the phone in time. "Erin? I mean, Ms.Leandra? If your calling now then that means..." His heart skip a beat, a smile crept into his face... "You decided to live..." Enigma whispered over the phone, relief spreading all over him.

"Where to meet? Do you remember the place we went to? Yeah, that place... Be seeing you there in 2 hours. Thanks for calling,see ya." And with that, the caller hanged up.

It took sometime to sink in, his heart pounding... But, with a sigh of joy, he laid down on his bed, a content grin on his face as recalled the happy moments with her...

"Now... I have a reason to live..." Enigma thought he took out his clothes from a closet. His eyes strayed into a corner, where another vial was kept, hidden in sight. He closed the closet, changing, and left the room... Thanking that girl... he was glad he didn't use the second vial...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:41 pm
By now, she was sure that all the butterflies would have disappeared, but even though she'd hung up around an hour ago, it felt like they'd only mutliplied in their numbers. As she walked, she seemed to be walking on air with her head in the clouds. Enigma had sounded so happy, and his aura was practically tangible over the phone- it felt so warm and comforted, compared to when she'd heard him answer; his emotion had been a gaping black hole, grasping for something, anything, to take away the grief. But in the end, she'd felt his hope, and that made her hope all the stronger. And she hoped that nothing would happen today to ruin their meeting- but now she was sure she'd jinxed it.

Kenaserenity
Crew

enigma_098
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:31 pm
Enigma checked himself in the mirror, glad the sweater he wore fitted him nicely...The bulge in his right arm wasn't noticeable, the chain on his right arm would be unnoticed and hopefully, won't be detected... It was the only thing the help his arm stay normal, and mentally thank the person who made it for him...

He never felt this great before, as he locked his apartment and walked down the street. Often, he would be thinking of a mission, just acting normal during the day. But after receiving that call, there was only one thing on his mind...

Her...

Enigma couldn't his put finger on it, but somehow, he was glad meeting that girl... It was like she change how he see life now... "I guess this is it..." He thought as he arrived at the food court were they had a memorable time... Looking around, he noted she hasn't arrived yet. Thinking he was a bit too early, he decided to wait for her at the doorway.  
[Joel's Diary]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff