training of a goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:23 am
Katanas Blade
I sort of nudged one of my friends down the path, but mostly left her to her own devices. Maybe I should have coached her a little bit more because she ended up falling for the emo stereotype. She even started cutting, so I basically slapped her in the face and had to explain that cutting should not be a fad.

I remember my days of training. I used to be such an annoying little goodie-goodie, but the gothiness was always there lying dormant.

Well that always sucks. I grew up slowly going into goth on my own. The sterotypes have a tendancie to multiply uncontroboly. The other types are a dieing breed.
I2aeth
Oh, ******** mean YOU guys are the ones rounding up bat brats? XD

Man, Goth ain't about the look. You don't train. You explain. And then you leave it up to them to round up the shattered remains of their former reality and piece it together into a more sinister model.
Ah thats always fun, trying shatering the so called reality of a fanatical christain person. God I think they prefered death than that.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:35 am
Well, my friend just have had a baby. She's only 5 months now, but I told her when her daughter turns 13 I'm sending her a "Gothic Carepackage" complete with music, DVD's, clothes, make-up, and anything else I can think of. It'll be cheap, but I told her I'm turning her daughter into a Gothic freak. She thinks I'm joking. ^_^  

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:59 am
GilAskan
I generally will introduce people to it when they're interested in knowing, but more often than not, people are more interested in the look than in the actual culture. Also, largely, I've found that the majority of people who come to me looking for information are mallgoths who tell me "******** off!" the moment I say that Marilyn Manson's music isn't goth-rock... Not much of a motivation for me to inform.

XD
I've had the same thing happen to me. Usually then try to persuade me that I've been reading the wrong information, and don't know what I'm talking about, when they asked ME for the help. LOL, even I know enough to know that's not true.

It happens more with Evanescence than Manson, IMO.

It's especially funny when you play whatever sounds like the OPPOSITE of their music. If they're into Evanescence and all that, show them .45 Grave. If they're into Slipknot and stuff, you show them Attrition.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff