Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
.Hack// Fragment - A REAL Online Game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite .Hack video game?
  Infection
  Mutation
  GU
  I don't Play the games
View Results

BloodStainedKnife

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:21 pm
I was just thinking about Fragment today. Wouldn't it be just like WoW? Or At least, something similiar....right? no?..XD I've never played WoW, but I've seen my addicted friends play and it seems like the same..type of thing.

If I'm right..I don't think it'd get boring, since WoW is so popular. But even so, I think they should do something different with .hack, instead of bringing it online. Maybe like---haha...wow. Okay, as nerdy as this sounds...they should make it like Dungeons and Dragons---like roleplaying! I think that'd be so much fun!

Fate would be in the roll of the die.

Funny, I haven't played that either, but I've watched it being played for years ^^;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:54 am
Pink Plastic Ninja
Shialu
It's not leaving Japan. They closed down all of the servers and informed us that they won't be sending it anywhere else, including the states.

At least, that's what I heard. I really wanted to play it.

User Image That's what I've heard too.
maybe now that all of GU is out and people new people are playing the older games they might reconsider making it? Possibly?  

Soraki

O.G. Elder

HeroXOfXStupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:22 pm
Even if it was real....
would if it was like G.U.
then wouldn't people go into comas and have viruses
Then that wouldn't be a fun game, I would be scraed to play it
Lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:05 pm
I have fragment and the modchip needed to make it work on an American PS2. To be honest, it's like the original games with Quarantine-esque graphics and there really is no end, but that's what makes it fun. I didn't really like the story and felt that the story was the most boring part of the game (Area-wise, monster-wise, not data bugs, aida, or phases) I loved the quests in G.u. and loved treasure-hunting in both games.
So....I'm fine with it being endless. There are endless possiblities in the world anyways.  

Shourai_Hachi

Hyuuu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:44 pm
I have fragment and a slide-card....

I have this to say: LEVELING UP IS A PAIN IN THE BUTTOX EVEN PRISONERS WHO DROP THE SOAP WOULD WINCE AT.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:25 am
It's okay....well, it's fun but since your assistants when you start are usually BT and Bear and they usually don't do much, especially Bear, it's decent when in a party.  

Sid_Keeling

FenrisHellhound

Unbeatable Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:16 pm
Dunno if it's Ligit or not but here. Will this be a real .hack MMORPG?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:40 pm
Yeah, I heard about fragment.

Then by chance I found this old video of a version of The World someone created online that looked like an olld Nintendo game. But they changed the graphics and everything.

Here's the website:

http://cyberconnects.com/

I think it's still online, but I haven't played in a while so yeah..  

Strokes of Everything

Dapper Fatcat

6,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

All Outta Gum

6,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:01 pm
XSK Lugh the Dark Knight
Dunno if it's Ligit or not but here. Will this be a real .hack MMORPG?

If legit, that's badass  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:11 pm
Here, a .Hack//Fragment review.
http://www.gamingfurever.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewdiscussion&groupid=74&topicid=153&Itemid=232

Sorry if my language is a little harsh and the review is somewhat short, but this game gave me little to work with.  

Sid_Keeling

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:02 pm
So basically, it's a character builder game. Beyond that, not worth doing anything in the game itself...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 pm
Tay Lorien
So basically, it's a character builder game. Beyond that, not worth doing anything in the game itself...

Nope. Especially since, as I mentioned, the leveling is just terrible.
Inexcusably, terrible.  

Sid_Keeling

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 am
Tatsuya_Saito
http://www.gamingfurever.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewdiscussion&groupid=74&topicid=153&Itemid=232

Sorry if my language is a little harsh and the review is somewhat short, but this game gave me little to work with.

Well that just blows. Now I understand why they never released it outside of Japan. I'm glad I read that because I had been considering buying the game online and getting a translator thing for my ps2 so I could play it, but now I definitely won't be doing that hahah.

In a way though, it's a bit understandable that they didn't put too much work into it, I mean, with the excuse of video games being rather pricey to make, if they had actually put all their effort into it and made it super awesome it would have likely cost more to make than how much they would get total for selling it. Plus keeping the online serves up costs money as well. I don't think they'll really be able to ever do something like 'The World' in real life. If they were to make something completely unrelated to the .Hack// series but still having the idea of 'The World' then they might make a better profit, since the .Hack// series isn't super popular, if they were to make another online game for the series it probably wouldn't get much publicity except for in Japan.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm
Shialu
It's not leaving Japan. They closed down all of the servers and informed us that they won't be sending it anywhere else, including the states.

At least, that's what I heard. I really wanted to play it.

It's the truth.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Sid_Keeling

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:07 pm
Kyoki DirzettE
Tatsuya_Saito

Well that just blows. Now I understand why they never released it outside of Japan. I'm glad I read that because I had been considering buying the game online and getting a translator thing for my ps2 so I could play it, but now I definitely won't be doing that hahah.

In a way though, it's a bit understandable that they didn't put too much work into it, I mean, with the excuse of video games being rather pricey to make, if they had actually put all their effort into it and made it super awesome it would have likely cost more to make than how much they would get total for selling it. Plus keeping the online serves up costs money as well. I don't think they'll really be able to ever do something like 'The World' in real life. If they were to make something completely unrelated to the .Hack// series but still having the idea of 'The World' then they might make a better profit, since the .Hack// series isn't super popular, if they were to make another online game for the series it probably wouldn't get much publicity except for in Japan.

Like I said, if you're easily satisfied running around as your own character then you're set.
I could make a video of me playing as my Blademaster, Azure Sky (who uses Marlo's model) if you really want me to.  
Game Assistance and Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff