Racist Comment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:36 pm
TheNutcrackerPrince
Racism good? Hm I need to think of any situation in which that'd be a correct statement.

Hold on.

No. I can't think of any right now.
But remember, bigotry is not exclusively a white trait. Affirmative action, I think, is racist. Along with this one time I was taking an SAT and there was a bubble: "If you are African-American, you are eligble for this scholarship." I was like what? There are a lot of poor white people, just go down south. People assosciate poverty with ghettos when really--well, just go to parts of Kentucky. You'll see what I mean. Help is needed everywhere for everyone no matter their color.

There's poor white people in many more places than the South, thank you very much.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:44 pm
IY_and_MCR
Sounds like someone acting up gain attention.
i agree kind of like a little kid wanting their mom's attention  

Foxxie-Fluff

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:30 pm
I'll stop anything racist that I do, the instant those I have 'Racist Stereotypes' against, stop living up to those stereotypes every damn day. Its that simple to be honest, I live in an asian (middle east) heavy area. Hell I even know an Asian guy who's racist against people of his own colour. If that doesn't give affirmation and justification to my point, I don't think anything would.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:37 am

There will always be those type of people online, I suppose the anonymousity (yes I'm aware there's no such word..) of being on the internet allows people to say what they want without risking anything other than verbal exchange of blows.

But it's like that in the GD too, isn't it? o.o

Basic rule in the internet is not to take everything seriously. We can't help that there are tards like that in the world but we can choose to ignore them, right?

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200

Siermana

Ruthless Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:32 pm
-Isel-
TheNutcrackerPrince
Racism good? Hm I need to think of any situation in which that'd be a correct statement.

Hold on.

But remember, bigotry is not exclusively a white trait. Affirmative action, I think, is racist. Along with this one time I was taking an SAT and there was a bubble: "If you are African-American, you are eligble for this scholarship." I was like what? There are a lot of poor white people, just go down south. People assosciate poverty with ghettos when really--well, just go to parts of Kentucky. You'll see what I mean. Help is needed everywhere for everyone no matter their color.

There's poor white people in many more places than the South, thank you very much.
Amen to that. I was offended by that statement.
"Just go down south?" So...what? GO to the south and you'll find all the white people are poor?
Please think about what you say before you say it. That's exactly what causes most of the fights in the world. People don't think before words escape.

Also, I'm from the north, originally. When I lived in Connecticut, I was pretty much dirt poor. I'm better off now that I live down south than I was in the city up north.

Generalizations are not a good thing. They hurt a lot of people.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:06 pm
Siermana
-Isel-
TheNutcrackerPrince

Hold on.

Amen to that. I was offended by that statement.
"Just go down south?" So...what? GO to the south and you'll find all the white people are poor?
Please think about what you say before you say it. That's exactly what causes most of the fights in the world. People don't think before words escape.

Also, I'm from the north, originally. When I lived in Connecticut, I was pretty much dirt poor. I'm better off now that I live down south than I was in the city up north.

Generalizations are not a good thing. They hurt a lot of people.

Similar story--born in a Union state to an unwed mother, living in Georgia now with a grandfather who makes 87k a year.

-Isel-

falloutboy lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:19 pm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:36 pm

That person's statement, really irks me.....I agree, people do say really stupid things when they are bored. But, its still upsetting that people really do think that way.
Yes, in some cases affirmvative action is really unfair (somewhat poor...white girl living in the city...and is college bound.) So I know how unfair it is. Thats why our government should make programs that help everyone (which they do.....they are just really ,really hard to find)
But, all this still doesn't justify people hating one another based on race, creed, gender, or whatever. However, morons like that person make it really hard and cause alot of problems.
People like him(was it a him?) should be shipped off to an island where they can be racist all they want  

RealCaptainRavenBlackwing

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:54 am
people make a lot of black jokes around where i live. okay, they probly do that everywhere. but one of my friends said one to me once they thought was really funny. i didnt laugh. they asked what was wrong. i told them, A) my great-grandfather was biracial so i have a tiny insignificant amount of african in my heritage, and two, my little sister is biracial.
that shuts them up. and if it doesnt and leads to a rude comment i cut them off and slap them upside their head.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:56 pm
Iseru Dryves

There will always be those type of people online, I suppose the anonymousity (yes I'm aware there's no such word..) of being on the internet allows people to say what they want without risking anything other than verbal exchange of blows.

But it's like that in the GD too, isn't it? o.o

Basic rule in the internet is not to take everything seriously. We can't help that there are tards like that in the world but we can choose to ignore them, right?
Wow. What a fantastic amount of sense you make.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

-Isel-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:19 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
people make a lot of black jokes around where i live. okay, they probly do that everywhere. but one of my friends said one to me once they thought was really funny. i didnt laugh. they asked what was wrong. i told them, A) my great-grandfather was biracial so i have a tiny insignificant amount of african in my heritage, and two, my little sister is biracial.
that shuts them up. and if it doesnt and leads to a rude comment i cut them off and slap them upside their head.

So your great-great-grandfather/mother (whichever) was black. But nobody else in your lineage has been, since... and you get offended because of jokes about black people when you're 6.25% black?

My, how personally one wishes to take things...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:01 pm
The amount of ignorance people display never ceases to amaze me. Although maybe it should. Considering if you go on to the forums here on Gaia you find peoples ignorant fodder of ideas everywhere...

And that was sheer ignorance what that guy said. Racism is wrong not matter what. In any situation.Thinking that someone is subhuman just because of the color is just wrong.

Laharl Part Deux

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:57 pm
-Isel-
xXx kitsy xXx

So your great-great-grandfather/mother (whichever) was black. But nobody else in your lineage has been, since... and you get offended because of jokes about black people when you're 6.25% black?

My, how personally one wishes to take things...

no, i dont take it personally, i just dont find it funny.
and as a side note, my sister is half black. greatest kid in the world. so no, i dont take kindly to black jokes, but i dont take them personally.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:30 pm
if you put all the racists together on an island somewhere you end up with another Hitler-type society then they take everyone to hell with them.

I was adopted. My older brother is a flippin Nazi. He praises Hitler's views and constantly berates me in front of others and when we're alone. He has nearly killed me several times too. Now living with that all my life has taught me a few things. Racism is bad BUT we are constantly making ourselves targets of it.

Certain races are better at different things. For example, white people look great on tv. Black people are amazing with athletics and sports. Japanese are brilliant with technology and math and are extremely creative. Latinos can learn to do almost anything you teach them, no matter the pay rate cause they see work as work that needs to be done. Thats why you see them everywhere.

Now I'm NOT saying that they should be restricted to these stereotypes, they must have their freedom to choose where they want to go in life. I myself am Latino and I catch all sorts of flack about that. So I know all about racism and all the pain involved there. I also believe that if people want to diminish racism, they should quit inviting it. Black people running around like "gangstas" calling white people "crackas" only makes things worse for them. The same goes for Latinos. Everyone needs to come to grips with all these things and understand the truth about how things are.

If everyone quits falling into these trends then there will be no reason for discrimination or racism in anyone's minds. Most racists are scared of everyone and thats why they get violent. THEY ARE JUST SCARED. So don't attack them because they will fight like there is no tomorrow. Just accept that they are just trying to protect themselves and move on.  

SC_Anubis

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces