Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:
x__________How To Spot A Hacker/Scammer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+1

View Results

sherbet sammie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:55 am
I just got one of these... just about had a heart attack when I saw it scream
-HSK- Banning
YOU HAVE BEEN SUSPECTED OF HACKING AN ACCOUNT
Failure to submit your Username and Password will result in the banning of the accused account

-All Questions will be answered after the screening process-
-10 minutes is given upon opening this message to comply-
If, upon inspection, the accused account is found to be wrongfully tagged, the owner will receive 10000g for wrongful accusation*
*section 114 (found in Gaia T.O.S.)
Thank you for your Cooperation
-Gaia Hacking Security

And it had a load of fancy images on it like an Admin avitar, how stupid. Me is off to report its a**.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:02 am
i've only gotten ONE of those pms and i've been on here for almost 5 months now! im lucky! [i hope] x3

but there was this one girl who was trying to scam me... she tried to trade her kiki for my napora... [it was like 100k then...]
supposedly, the trade thing wasnt working...
she even told me the "warning" that was "shown", "ERROR! CAN'T MAKE A TRADE," er something like that... ehehe
she also said something about becoming an admin in less than 24 hours... [-_-" pshawwww!]
then she said that i should give it to her in a gift box!
after that, i told her, "Like HELL i would! Freakkin Scammer! You probably scammed someone for that kiki! >_>;;"
after sending her that, i reported her! 8D

BubblyWine

Tibarm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21 am
you know whats funny giving them a wrong email password and i p adress thenthey get i p ban  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:26 am
i've never gotten one of those, and i don't blame them.  

Sarcastic Wittiness

Questionable Fairy

20,975 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Falling For You 25
  • Grunny Grabber 50

link loves animals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:33 pm
about 3 days after i made my avi link ya =.= new record of about 16 within a week i told them to ban me cuz im not giving thhem my pass word and why the hell do they need my user name and email i have email alerts so they have to know my email and they just pmed me so why do they need my user name

DONT CHANGE PSSWORD AFTER THE MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it means they have no idea what it is so keep it the same (of corse changeit like 1nce every 1-3 months!)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:49 pm
I got this message with the Subject: MESSAGE FROM TE DEVELOPERS.

kjmky4357
Hello, User!

I am the mule of one of the Gaia Online Developers and I am here to inform you that you have been randomly selected to participate in a User Survey, which can be found here. At the end of the survey you will receive a free, unreleased "test" item that will be released in the Gaia Cash Shop next week. Since only users who take this survey can receive this item, its value will be extremely high during that week. We recommend that all users wishing to earn a little extra gold take this survey seriously.

You may be wondering why the Gaia Online developers use mules for their automated messages, and you may be thinking that this is a scam. However, the simple answer is that the Gaia developers get hundreds of spamming messages from users every day, asking for free items, sending chainletters, and other such spam. It is easier to use mules without special titles attached to them, which lowers our spam intake by a wide margin.

The survey can be located here. Please do not spam this survey with meaningless jibber-jabber, as it makes everything that much harder for the developers to sort through the spam.

Thank you,
The Gaia Online Developers.

sad Of course, im not idiot, so i didnt fill that thing or reply it, I just reported it, anyway I got an idea, that of course is a mule account, cuz that dumb a** wouldnt take the risk of getting banned so I went to the profile of the mule account and of course that mule account had as friend the main account so when I reported the message I wrote the username of the main account and the mule xd  

PainMaker101

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Faerie Kae

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:57 am
when you join gaia the first thing they tell you is to never give out the information that is ask for in those pm's. so WHY would anyone fall for it?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:53 am
*sigh* i just got a scam message after 2 days of a new acc
How unlucky is that x.x
the prize granter Wrote:
good afternoon, you have been chosen randomly to recieve 1000000g! click here

PS. YOU WILL RECEIVE A WARNING WHEN GOING TO THIS SITE, PLEASE IGNORE.
AND THANK YOU!

© Copyright 2003 - 2008 Gaia Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved  

Requality

Newbie Noob

Giniro no Kitsune

Invisible Hunter

13,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:21 pm
I now that my friend got one of those and she reported them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 pm
Do they send those sort of messages anymore now that most people know about them? ._. They kind of sound like a phishing scam..  

Chronoa-Zone

Requality

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:18 pm
Lawl xD i know  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:21 pm
Arkhia
Do they send those sort of messages anymore now that most people know about them? ._. They kind of sound like a phishing scam..
Yes, a lot of these are still sent out by scammers.
Sadly though, many people still fall for these type of scams. :[

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

Rainbow-gazms

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:23 pm
I give them random numbers as my password and one actually did the numbers I tole him and he logged back on and said I am going to ban your account now I told him "Ok do it" it was actually today.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:23 pm
X-the_dark_gentleman-X
I gove them random numbers as my password and one actually did the numbers I tole him and he logged back on and said I am going to ban your account now I told him "Ok do it" it was actually today.
Lol. An admin will never ask for your password, just remember that. ^ ^
But that's funny that you did that. XD

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

Rainbow-gazms

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:25 pm
Wormmon
X-the_dark_gentleman-X
I gove them random numbers as my password and one actually did the numbers I tole him and he logged back on and said I am going to ban your account now I told him "Ok do it" it was actually today.
Lol. An admin will never ask for your password, just remember that. ^ ^
But that's funny that you did that. XD
In some ways I do know never give out your password it is in giant red lettering.  
welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff