Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Favorite BAAAAAD dub line? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sykochik

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:57 pm
LadySilverNite
-GS-Sailor Miracle
In the sm movie "Promise of the Rose" WTF is with the line Usagi..I mean "Serena" (lol my chars name) says "Lets get this wicked weed" LOL

LOL That is frikkin helarious!!
and then Artemis says: A wicked weed indeed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:12 pm
I hated it when they made it an old "man" in the 4th season, you know the circus leader, person who's name I forget.

and like In the dubbing when the 4 amazones attack "him" in the dub, and "he's" talking like "Yeah you want another piece" or some crap like that. In the Japanese, She's breathing hard and she's thinking to herself about how powerful they've gotten.

I always thought that was funny that they never liked making people a certain sex.

Or like the Fisheye dude, and how they cut the scenes in the dub to make him look like he's covering up breasts. Thought that was funny. And completely cut out the shot where he's showing off the fact he's a man. XD OH OH and when the designer guy first meets him in Japanese he tells him how that even though he's a man, he's still beautiful like a woman. And in the english the designer tells "her" that she's pretty and he wants to design for her.

OH and they cut out the scene where the tigereye and hawkeye both point to themselves and say "but we're all boys" when fisheye gets all happy about a hot guy.

And the whole cousin bit. There would be like almost no way they could make that work in the fifth season. XD <3

biggrin funny situational dubs  

DragonicFlames

6,550 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cheerleader 200

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:42 pm
Someone already said my favorite one which is "Go get 'em, Moon Mama!" xd It's too great  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:53 am
Yes, I agree with all the bad dub lines, they just dont work on me anymore, though they can be funny in a good manner. I remember all of those lines, except the episode I havent seen yet such a the Mercury and Kunzite one.

There was one I still remember when Usagi (Serena) was looking for food because she forgot her lunch, so she goes to Ami (Amy). It is on episode 55 in the Japanese. i dont know what number in the dub sweatdrop

In the dub she says she apologises to Serena that she finished her lunch (or something like that) and Serena starts crying and says "You didnt even leave me a crumb!" and faints onto Amy and tells her to stop crying and she will give her her orange Juice.

Now here is the sub one. Ami asks Usagi "What wrong" and Usagi just cries without saying a word. When Usagi faints on Ami, she yells out, "Usagi-chan! Usagi-chan!" blaugh rofl

Thats the one I still can remember when I used to watch it on youtube blaugh  

The Fire Guardian

4,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100

Nana In Wonderland

4,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:15 pm
Jueru
Hazboi
in the first few episodes Mercury would add "or some junk" at the end of random lines...it's not done a whole lot but everytime it happens I just crack up...it just seems sooo out of character xd
lol I seem to remember 'Michelle' saying "He's one serious dude" once. That's out of character too. Oh cruel dubbers, why do you mutilate our characters so! rofl

I agree with Jueru.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 pm
"Your dusted buster!" XD  

mintycho

lolkweernut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:56 pm
[Penny Lane]
LOL. There are lot of horribly dubbed treasures.

My favorites are when Rini says to Usagi (in the R movie)

"Go get 'em Moon Mama!"

Moon..mama? gonk

And in the episode where Nephrite was going to die, he says to Naru/Molly,

"I guess we won't be having chocolate parfait."
Just hearing that in a deep voice makes me die a little.
User Image

rofl Oh, goodness.

========
Moko <33

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:42 am
Who are you and who dose your hair" "Cut off her hair maybe she will loose her powers" I do not remeber who sead this stuff it was 2 diferent people though  

NinjaGirlHinata

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:45 pm
I dont' know about a line, but Usagi's wail irritated the hell out of me. I don't know WHO hires these people for dubs, but they can't speak naturally to save their lives!!! Everytime I heard Usagi...SERENA's cry/wail/awful sound it made me want to boil puppies or something!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 pm
From Promise of a Rose- "let's n** this in the bud"-sailor Jupiter
Same movie- "Don't do it Moon Princess" Sailor Mars
Any of their power screams!
ex: MOON SPIRAL HEARTACHE!!!!^^  

midnight15

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:58 pm
DragonicFlames
I hated it when they made it an old "man" in the 4th season, you know the circus leader, person who's name I forget.

and like In the dubbing when the 4 amazones attack "him" in the dub, and "he's" talking like "Yeah you want another piece" or some crap like that. In the Japanese, She's breathing hard and she's thinking to herself about how powerful they've gotten.

I always thought that was funny that they never liked making people a certain sex.

Or like the Fisheye dude, and how they cut the scenes in the dub to make him look like he's covering up breasts. Thought that was funny. And completely cut out the shot where he's showing off the fact he's a man. XD OH OH and when the designer guy first meets him in Japanese he tells him how that even though he's a man, he's still beautiful like a woman. And in the english the designer tells "her" that she's pretty and he wants to design for her.

OH and they cut out the scene where the tigereye and hawkeye both point to themselves and say "but we're all boys" when fisheye gets all happy about a hot guy.

And the whole cousin bit. There would be like almost no way they could make that work in the fifth season. XD <3

biggrin funny situational dubs

The gender thing I can sort of sympathise with, because In Japanese you can leave gender completely out of a conversation, whereas in English you kind of have to say 'she said.../he said....' in order to sound natural.

Also, I've noticed that Americans are A LOT more sensitive to things like homosexuality and nudity than other countries around the world. I'm not saying its good or bad, just that the tolerance for it here is lower, and its usually avoided if at all possible. I hated how in the American version of SM Haruka and Michiru were made cousins, not girlfriends. Or how Fisheye wasn't labeled as a genderless being who preferenced males. In order to please oversensitive parents, they turned it into a female.
Probably the most irritating thing was how the American porduction company who was in charge of SM seemed to ignore STARS completely. I strongly believe that its because of the Star Lights, who were transgendered while on Earth. I couldn't believe that someone who loved SailorMoon [and knew it was popular] would just end it for American audiences at SuperS!!
BUT...as irritating as it was to watch all of that over and the changes that were made to it, I'm glad that American audiences got their time with SM, so at least they can watch the original intended version and love it all over again.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:47 am
well i love every moment of there silly moments  

Tokie-Bear3000

Amechaninwonderland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:22 pm
"Let's go kick some nega-butt!" & "Nega-dweebs" from R season (from Rei and Ami XD)

"There's no way the arcade can compete with this way-cool event." from Motoki in SuperS .

And pretty much the whole episode 6 of SuperS.

Grah, the whole SuperS season was dubbed so horribly! Hawks-Eye sounded just about as masculine as Snagglepuss, and Zirconia sounded like Yoda. TT^TT  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:47 am
Pretty much any corney pun... and the "as if" lines.. I mean.. who says that anymore, even taking the early-mid 90'sinto account?  

Pesky Yuna

Avane Anime

Aged Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:51 pm
"Doom phantom go away forever AAAHHHH" In the most deadpan ever

Or "Sailor Moon!" Silver Crystal" "Sailor Moon" "Silver Crystal" between evil tuxedo mask and kunzite  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff