Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:11 pm
Natural Ability: Camouflage:
After way too many massacres of goblinfolk for the treasures that they guarded, goblins had to learn some new tricks. Zixil is able to slip into nooks and crannies or just generally make himself invisible in one way or another, even if it means hiding in plain sight. What do you mean? There’s nothing behind this lamppost. Under extreme duress - and only in circumstances of such, as it seems to be activated by stress or adrenaline - his skin can change colors like a lizard. This is limited by the fact that it is unable to take on colors that are not greens, browns, or other colors found in a natural setting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:13 pm
I feel self-conscious in the make-your-own species department, so bear with me. 8D; Driven to madness after seeing Bee Movie, I created a hivemind species whose logistics go as so:

Reaper be in human world collectin' them souls and/or guiding actual ghosts to Halloween Town. Reaper decides he wants one of those ghosts for himself to be a manservant back at the hovel because he wants to feel important enough to actually have a manservant. Something that can multitask and be in multiple places at once while also not having the smell of rotting flesh or need to have replacement parts - he has a bias against igors unfortunately.

Reaper decides it's a great idea to take a newly deceased soul and use it as the playdoh/vessel for his experiments; the soul has neither moved on nor taken on the form of a ghost yet. He's well aware of the fear some humans have of bees and wasps and decides to do a nice massacre at a local hive or two, harvesting their souls and pouring them into the vessel. A dash of FEAR and a binding item later (something's got to keep all those insects in there), and he's got a good several hundred minds ready to be molded within one body: the hivemind.

My question basically whittles to this: would something like that fly in the shop's setting as far as the creation of a subspecies of ghost?

Mediciner

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:39 am
Thank you so much lizbot! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:59 am
That's a bit of stretch really, we try to stay away from Reapers taking human souls and screwing around with them. The build-your-own thing ~ if you have to come up with a complicated background just to make it plausible, it generally won't work.

I'd suggest making a small list of aspects you really want your character to have, and the races you're willing to have them fall under. The the staff or even the peeps in thread can help you build a viable creature, because bees have a lot of options imo ~ such as : Bee monster of somesort is simple and workable. A hookman reaper or zombie that summons bees would be alright due to the human world's Candyman. A nature spirit that takes takes scary a** bee form would be ok too ~ and so on and so forth  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:21 pm
That's what I figured after I went to sleep on it. I think I was trying to incorporate too many different things that had intrigued me in a possible student, especially the "legion" sort of concept. I don't think there's any nature spirit yet, so in a sense I'd be pioneering still; unless I missed an actual quest. o3o

D'you think the "hivemind" sort of deal would still fly with a nature spirit, or should I just stick to a singular bee-affinity'd spirit?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:51 pm
I think it'd be fine as long as it's not treated as a sort of multiple personality ~ !  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Hes a Trap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:30 am
Wondering if any of this is possible?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 am
Are there any long-term effects from pumpkin pill use? (or the overuse of pumpkin pills)  

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:35 am
HaT: Zombified Timelord....I think as far as reapers go, one like a timelord would be passable though certain aspects of timelords and the ah ~ off planet history would need to be changed, nerfed, or simply taken out. but making them a zombie on top of that would be stretching a bit too much.

Toshi: long-term, no big deal ~ the main danger is from taking too many at once ~ think of pumpkin pills as concentrated shots of FEAR that are perfectly dosed to maximize a students health. But if you take too many at once, or when you aren't low on FEAR, then it's akin to swallowing a FEAR attack.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:51 pm
Alright I can work with that. I will figure out some way to make it work because I really want to make it work.  

Hes a Trap

Alucinor Muto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:53 pm
Hello! I'm a bit new here, and I'd like to ask some questions about possibilities for a race that I believe would be classified under "undead."

I had in mind for something called a "Frez Drah", a corruption of the phrase "freeze dry" in reference to how a Frez Drah is created and what their ability would be (should it fit into the THIS IS HALLOWEEN) universe).

It's something a bit similar to a vampire as it's an undead species that doesn't necessarily decay visibly over time. A Frez Drah is created by drowning and/or freezing to death in areas with cold climates; ideally, I had in mind that a Frez Drah is held to this world by remembering an immense betrayal in their former life. They might be completely unaware of what this is, but instead they would only feel an overwhelming hatred that anchors them to the world instead of allowing them to pass on.

They have the look of someone who had frozen to death and/or drowned, complete with blued skin, any bloating, rotting, fish damage, etc. and slightly elongated fangs. Since one can't be "turned" into a Frez Drah, they also don't hold the ability to "turn" like a vampire would. Also, no pointy ears (it just didn't make sense to have them be pointy, haha). Their eyes also won't change color -- basically, they'd look more or less like their previous form but drowned/frozen, if that makes sense.

In the context I had created Frez Drahs for, their only special ability/skill would be a sort of freezing venom they'd inject into their prey. It's not something fatal in itself. Basically, it would immobilize you long enough for the Frez Drah to feed upon your innards. So, unlike vampires which suck blood, Frez Drahs would inject venom and then feed. If for whatever reason the Frez Drah was unable to feed on you while you had the toxin in you, it would wear off gradually over time with a few side effects (these would also disappear after a period of time).

Frez Drahs would be solitary creatures. They don't really form colonies or groups because they're very territorial and have relatively extensive hunting areas. They're generally mean-spirited (an after-effect of the betrayal in their former lives), untrusting and apathetic towards the suffering of others. More or less, they'd live almost entirely selfish afterlives.

They have the strength of normal humans, so no heightened senses or anything like a vampire might. They "live" to freeze their prey much like how time has been frozen for them. Generally, they're sadistic and motivated by a revenge they can't clearly remember. If for whatever reason the Frez Drah exacted revenge against their betrayer, they would cease to exist.

The container/body of a Frez Drah can be damaged, but the hatred that has seeped so deeply into the bones allows a Frez Drah to move without the human equivalent of a soul. However, if the body parts were scattered, it would be rendered more or less harmless, even if the Frez Drah was still "alive." Likewise, since they died by freezing/drowning, they are extraordinarily sensitive to heat and fire of any kind. If the heat becomes too severe, oddly the Frez Drah would melt into a kind of mercurial liquid. The only way for the Frez Drah to return to normal would be to dump the liquid into a cold body of water so that the Frez Drah's container could reassemble. So long as it's kept in the heat, the Frez Drah must remain in the puddle-form.

This is what I had worked out so far. What in here would you suggest I elaborate on/alter in order to better suit the universe of THIS IS HALLOWEEN?

Thank you! c:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:21 pm
Overall its pretty A+ ~ the only things I'd want you to think about are ~

Natural Ability: this is a subspecies "daily use" ability ~ so unless you want them to go around trying to bite other students, it's probably not going to be something your character will get to use often in play.

Eating: technically, no denizen of Halloween -has- to eat. It's more for pleasure and sometimes a bit of a FEAR boost. Eating humans is a big social and economic no-no. Eating other citizens also causes an overload of FEAR with fairly explosive results, so that's not recommended.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Alucinor Muto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:06 pm
So I can have no eating? THANK GOODNESS. This makes it so much easier, haha. Then their diet would be a mixture of blood and flesh like the other undead races. That work?

Ah. So something more passive? Like a resistance to normally adverse reactions to cold or perhaps easy mobility in water? Something along those lines?

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:13 pm
Yah ~ there's even vending machines for those kind of snacks ~ as nothing hits the spot like a nice Hem-O-Cola

For natural ability ~ really its about what you want to play in RP + whats reasonable for the sub species.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:27 pm
Since skullpins seem to be something only in the academy, are there similar objects outside of the school that adults that don't naturally have a humanoid form use?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games