Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Ravenclaw Common Room
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the riddle right?
Yes, it was really easy!
56%
 56%  [ 45 ]
No, I got locked out D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I guessed and I got in O.o
30%
 30%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 79

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:43 am
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He smiled at her as she instantly dismissed it, shaking his head a bit. He wasn't too concerned about anything at the moment, but he still was wondering what that book that laid on her lap was and as soon as she said it, he sighed. "My dad tried to make me learn about them last summer and I instantly ran around the castle and hid so he couldn't find me. That is the best part of having a big house. You can hide and it would literally take hours for the whole staff to try and find you. Greatest game of Hide and seek you'll ever play," he said to her, laughing, watching her as she kept her stare downwards, which he still had no idea why. He really wanted to see her eyes again...just once...but that was obviously too much to ask for at the time. He would get her to come around one day.

"Why are you havin..." he started to say before she quickly changed the subject. He frowned a bit, but she really probably wouldn't have seen him do it, just because she was looking down. He made sure he didn't frown for too long though; so she wouldn't see it. He didn't want her to find out that he was a little disappointed that she wouldn't tell him much at times. He actually wondered why she wouldn't. He could only guess, yet he had no guesses. So...guessing was a little stupid to do at the moment.

"Yeah sure, you go first though. I got to figure out what I want to ask," he said to her, shrugging his shoulder. What could go wrong with that anyway? She seemed to want to learn more about him...well, more than she already knew...so he would always be okay with it. And any chance to actually learn about Lexine was always great. He knew a lot about her as it is, but he wanted to know more, but she really told him anything. Luckilsy, she was finally looking at him, but eye contact still wasn't exactly there, but hey, baby steps in the right direction are better than no steps.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:15 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Lexine laughed a bit at the image of Iñigo running around the house hiding from the stafff. "It's not really that bad." She said, shaking her head, the image of Iñigo still present in her mind. "I can only imagine how long it took them all to find you, though. You've probably found parts of that place that they don't know about...oh Merlin, Iñigo, that's rude!" She said, not able to contain her amusement as she continued to shake her head.

She heard Iñigo begin to start a question, however she seemed to have cut him off by telling him it didn't matter, something she was much too happy about. Either way Lexine was to start twenty questions. She thought a bit, pursing her lips. She could always extract personal information from him, but she wasn't that kind of person. Why not start the whole thing with a simple question? She didn't exactly know how to start it herself, having not thought of a question beforehand.
                                                "Um... What...is...one of your biggest pet peeves?" She asked, shrugging. "Stupid question, I just...didn't know what to ask." She laughed a bit.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:51 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

Iñigo listened to her, laughing a bit as she told him he was rude, but it was true, he did find a lot of secret places to hide where no staff member would find him. It was virtually impossible to find him and his father knew it. Luckily, his father was an Occlumens and not a Legilimens, because if he were a legilimens, then he would be able to sense where he was in the house. "I guess it is rude, but any way to get away from my sometimes overbearing father is fine with me. I felt slightly bad for the staff, but I got over it," he said to her, laughing and watching as she shook her head, which made him laugh even more.

Then came the first question, which is what his pet peeve was, which he instantly had an answer for. He looked at her, seriousness written all over his face. "I absolutely hate when people who claim to be of 'high class' and claim to have 'earned it' yet can not solve even the most remedial of problems," he finally said to her, not really knowing what else to say, but something else came to him. "But I'm not sure if that is a pet peeve really. But I guess a pet peeve of mine is when people judge others upon first glance," he said to her, more vocalizing his hate of elitists. He did not like those who thought they were above because they were of a blood status that is considered more 'pure' by no one but themselves.

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Lexine shook her head a bit more, still laughing. Iñigo was rather rude to his father, but it was funny to hear about the antics he went through with his family. She was startled when his face went from all fun-and-games to extremely serious. She almost felt like backing up a bit, but held her ground as he explained how he loathed those who claimed to be 'high class'. "Like blood supremacists?" Lexine asked, tilting her head a bit. She didn't know if he'd ever met any rich muggles who acted that way -- she sure hadn't -- but guessed that was what he was talking about. "Or, I guess, most people who are exceedingly wealthy..." She mumbled, bringing a finger to her chin as she thought. She shrugged, dropping her hand. "My father's side of the family were blood supremacists -- surprising considering how kind my father is, and that he was in Hufflepuff... Anyway, they weren't all that happy to find out he was marrying my mum. A muggleborn and a pureblood..." She chuckled a bit, remembering her reaction when her mother told her that story. It made a lot more sense to why they never went to see the Vance side of her family; they must have been livid when they found out they had grandchildren with 'that dirty mudblood', as they called her mother. Biting her lip back at remembering that name, she looked up at Iñigo and asked "Question?" waiting to answer whatever Iñigo wanted to ask.

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

He listened to her, realizing he hadn't asked her a question, but he instantly answered her follow-ups very politely. He had just found out that one side of her family was supremacist so he didn't want to insult her family like that. That would be extremely rude and would not be very good for the conversation in general. The last thing he wanted to do was make her mad. "I guess, but those are only a few. I grew up going to parties of the wealthy and most of them were like that, even the one's that weren't necessarily supremacists. They just inherit their money and act like they are above everyone. I absolutely hate it. I promised myself I would never be like that," he admitted to her, returning back to a calm demeanor. He didn't want to be too serious because his seriousness seemed to catch her by surprise the last time.

He then got to his question, apologizing for his forgetfulness. "Sorry, I forgot. And I actually would like to know what is your favorite part about Hogwarts? Is it the food...the extensive books...what is it? You absolutely light up when you first walk in the halls again, every single year," he said to her, smiling. He actually wanted to know this one. He went for a less of a personality question, because he pretty much had her pegged by now. He knew her reactions and even sometimes her emotions. Maybe it just was because they were inseparable all the time.

Arkendrai

(OOC: Sorry, I forgot to add a question at the end sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:19 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Nodding slightly, she listened closely as Iñigo talked about the people that he'd had to deal with throughout his life. Both wizarding and muggle families probably knew Iñigo's family, and there was no doubt those stupid rich people who think they're 'all that', and she guessed that it really was an issue dealing with them, however she hadn't the slightest clue, she just took what Iñigo said and had to try and believe him. "Oh, don't worry, Iñigo," Lexine said, looking over at him, her face set in a rather serious expression. "If you become one of those people, I'll hex you." She searched his face a moment before finishing. "I'm serious. I'll hex you."

Lexine waved his apology away, it was fine, after all. Lexine wasn't known for remembering things all that well either, after all. He wanted to know what Lexine loved so much about Hogwarts. She thought a bit, looking down and biting her lip. There wasn't a single thing at Hogwarts that Lexine disliked, she'd even spend her holidays at Hogwarts if she were allowed to.
                                                "That's actually a really hard question... I mean, I could say everything, but I feel like that's cheating." She chuckled, leaning back into the couch and facing forward. "I think it's just...this place has turned into a second home to me. I suppose every one says that...but it's true. Also, there is just so much to find and explore in this place. There is so much history written in these walls," Lexine motioned to the walls around them. "It's just... There are uncountable reasons to why I absolutely love this place." Lexine shrugged. She looked down, twiddling her thumbs, before she began to think of her own question. "What about yourself do you take pride the most in?" She asked, turning back towards him.

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:32 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

He smiled at her as she told him that she would hex him if he ever were to become like that. He knew deep in his heart that he wouldn't, but it was nice to have someone to keep him away from it. Iñigo despised the way that elitists had thought and knew that he himself would never let himself think like that. "Okay, Okay, you will hex me," he said to her, making sure she knew that he heard her. "But would you really want to do that?" he asked, keeping the smile on his face as he finally asked a question which she answered pretty quickly.

It was an interesting answer that he could completely understand. This place was truly beautiful in every way and by all means, historical. It was amazing what one could learn from the art, the design, or even more directly, the ghosts. To say that he wasn't expecting it was an understatement when he came in his first year. And just like her, he loved it at the school...for practically the same reasons. But what came with feeling the same way is that he was left with nothing else to add. So, he just awaited her question which was definitely an interesting one.

He sat there for a moment, contemplating his answer, not really knowing exactly what he was going to say. But as he thought, he figured out his answer. "Uhm...I have to say I take most pride in my wand. Well, the core actually. When the person at the wand shop explained it to me, it was supposed to be some extremely rare wand core that just is full of raw power, which is probably why my Riddikulus spell's light in Defense was so large. So it seems that the angrier, or I guess one would say, more vicious I am, the more powerful I become, which is nice," he said to her, taking great pride in his words. His wand chose him and he was very happy that it did. It most certainly helped him get through the class alright.

And now it was his turn to go. He instantly thought of a question that was more directed on what she thought of him rather than her personal question. "I do want to ask, what was your first impression of me? When we first met," he asked her, smiling, awaiting her answer.

Arkendrai

(OOC: hey, sorry this took so long. I got in a car crash the other day and have been pretty sore.)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:49 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine looked over at Iñigo as if he were stupid. "Trust me, if you ever start acting like a snob, I wouldn't have to think twice about hexing you." She growled, a little bit too bitter, more than she had thought she was going to say it. "I'm not going to deal with a rich kid, trust me." She pointed to him, trying to make a point, before dropping her hand in between them. While she'd rarely ever had to deal with rich snobs, she did on occasion, and she wasn't willing to waste her time around someone like that.

When Iñigo had responded that his wand's core was what he prided himself the most in, she was very surprised. She nodded slowly before tilting her head slightly.
                                                "W...what's your core?" She asked. While Wandlore Studies helped a bit with narrowing his core down, she wasn't exactly sure. She looked down a bit. Her wand core was nothing all that special...

Iñigo then asked what her first impression of him was, and she brought a finger to her chin, thinking. Chewing on the inside of her cheek, Lexine thought hard. She didn't want to offend Iñigo whatsoever, but at the same time she wasn't exactly clear as to what her first impression of him really was. The first time they'd ever talked was in this very common room, and even then Lexine barely had an opinion on him back then. Sure, she knew who he was, but she never really created an opinion on him. Biting a bit harder on her cheek she looked up at Iñigo before answering, still a bit hesitant about saying anything. She didn't want Iñigo getting mad at her, after all...
                                                "Well...I didn't really have an opinion about you until after we talked, I didn't want to judge anyone...but at the same time, I always thought you were kinda...weird. I mean, you never really talked all that often -- of course, I have no room to talk in that area, now do I? -- and I thought that maybe you were a little stuck up... I don't know why, I guess it was just the way you walked around or...whatever. To be honest, if you'd never said anything First year, I don't think I would've ever talked to you... Heh..." She looked down at her hands, looking at her palms. "Um..." She mumbled, looking around a bit before asking "What's the first thing you notice about someone?" She leaned back against the sofa again, crossing her legs.

uniform x ooc :: It's cool, Red. Something like that kinda comes first no matter what, so it's cool.

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:08 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

He chuckled as she told him she wouldn't think twice about it, which made him think...was she really serious? He finally realized just how serious she was when she had said she wasn't going to deal with a rich kid. He was a rich kid though, but he figured she meant the stereotypical rich kid who lived lavishly and was a spoiled brat, which Iñigo wasn't. Whenever anyone had tried to give him something that he thought was too lavish for his tastes, he would turn it away, or receive it and never wear or use it. Living like that wasn't for him and he knew Lexine knew that, but he truly didn't know if she actually understood why. Maybe she did...so who knows?

When she had asked him what his core was, he didn't have to give it a second thought. He instantly answered, "Chimera Scale." He knew the core was very powerful and extremely rare; so really, it made him extremely happy to have it. He always wanted to have something that could set him apart from everyone else. Being a seer too helped, but he especially took pride in the wand that chose him...and not because the fact that he got to wield the wand, but the fact that it was as much apart of him as the hands that held it. It was his forever. "It is a stubborn one though. You have to work for its loyalty. I think I'm finally starting to unlock its full power though," he said to her, smiling at her a bit before the conversation topic was changed just like that.

Next up was her impression of him, which he didn't by any means take a liking too, but he understood it. Lexine wasn't the type to really talk to anybody, but the fact that she thought he was weird for not talking much was interesting, because she did the same thing. He would let it go though, because she was only eleven and so was he. Not like they could control what they thought as much as they could now. "That's interesting. I am known for walking around with confidence though. It was something drilled into my head by my father. He told me that if I walk any other way, I was more likely to get pushed around and used. So I guess one could say I learned how to be confident, because I wasn't really at one point," he admitted to her, glad that she didn't lie about what she first thought of him before. It took a lot of guts to actually tell the truth at that point, just because people were usually afraid of what the other might think. Lexine didn't seem to have any regard for that though...

"Well, the first thing I notice about someone is their eyes. Well...more specifically, their color. I don't know why I do that. And I actually tend to talk to people more when they have a recessive eye color, like blue, grey, hazel..... green," he said to her, saying the last part a little shyly, mainly because that was Lexine's eye color. And it was more of regularity for him to get lost in her eyes. They just drew his eyes to them. "But...I know this is a little lame, but I actually want to ask you the same question. What's the first thing you notice in someone?" he asked her, an apologetic face on to show that he felt bad that he asked her the same exact question.

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:40 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine couldn't say that she was anything but surprised to hear that Iñigo's wand core was chimera scale. Her eyebrows raised slightly as she recalled what she'd read about this core in particular. "I know, Iñigo," She said gently, smiling. "I also understand the whole 'stubborn' thing. My wand wood does the same thing...kinda. Not the same as a core being stubborn, but my wand doesn't particularly like me sometimes. It's only just beginning to warm up to me." She noted, looking down. She then sighed. "It's amazing the core you have, though. After all, there are more basilisk killings than chimera in recorded history... It's exceedingly rare, and you must make sure to keep that thing safe. Any wandmaker would sob if you lost or broke it." She laughed. "I can't say that my wand core is even near that impressive." She sighed, looking down at her lap again. Fox fur wasn't something to be so proud about, after all it was exceedingly common in wands, and didn't really have any special attributes. Sure, it was a core known for doing well in Transfiguration, but that was about it.

Lexine nodded slightly as Iñigo explained his walking around with an air of arrogance. She twiddled her fingers as she listened understanding what he was talking about. Lexine didn't usually walk around as the timid soul she really was; sure, she didn't walk around as if she were the best around, but she didn't walk around with an air of insecurity. Those who didn't know her well enough often thought she was just a quiet brainiac, no one really knew about the severe anxiety that padded over her whenever she spoke aloud in public or the thoughts that darted through her head as she walked down the hallways, people staring at her. Of course, even Iñigo didn't know about that, and she wasn't really willing to tell him anything about it now.
                                                "I understand..." She said quietly. "You did what you could to get through without getting pushed about. Everyone does it." Nodding slightly again, she ran a hand back through her hair, pushing it out of her face revealing tired eyes. Even me...

She was surprised to hear that the first thing he noticed about people was their eyes. She blushed slightly when Iñigo said 'green' in that tentative voice. She bit the inside of her cheek hard to keep from smiling like an idiot. What would she have said if Iñigo caught her like that? She let a small, nearly unnoticeable smile grace her lips, but she said nothing to Iñigo's comment. She chuckled slightly when he asked her the same question. Chewing gently on the inside of her cheek, Lexine thought a bit. "Um...well, the first thing I usually notice about someone is eyes as well...and usually personality...body language...ya'know?" She said quietly, her voice very hesitant. "Eyes because they tell all. Personality because I don't want to talk to a shell of a person or a complete jerk. Body language because I don't want to make someone feel uncomfortable or scared. If I can, I want to ease that fear..." She shrugged, looking back over to Iñigo and biting down hard on her cheek again.

Loosening her bite on her cheek she thought a bit for a new question. Tilting her head slightly and looking around at the book shelves and such around them she laid her eyes on a map before turning back to Iñigo.
                                                "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?" She asked hoping that it would make the awkward tension she felt beginning to grow between them diminish.

uniform x ooc :: Ugh, sorry for this being so late.

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:20 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

He smiled as he watched her lips curl into a smile. He was actually really glad that she took that wandlore class, because she understood the power that currently laid in his hands and what he meant by "stubborn". She seemed to be the only one to ever understand fully what he was saying, despite how easy he was to actually understand. Maybe he worded things weird, he had no idea. Maybe he spoke with a literacy rate above their age...but just like previously, he had no idea if that is the case. "With mine, you really have to put some confidence behind the incantation before it wants to perform the spell. I swear, I have to like yell to get half of the spells to work. Almost as if it wants me to put it in its place," he said to her, chuckling a bit. "And it is a treasure to have. I take good care of it so I don't break it and what not. All the usual stuff. It is also a big confidence builder at times to be honest. And has there really been more basilisk killings? I wasn't aware of that one actually," he said to her, glad to learn that tidbit of information. "And it doesn't matter how impressive it is really. There are great wizards in history who didn't necessarily have the best wands. It's all about how you use it," he assured her. Sure, sometimes there was more capability and potential in the rarer wands, but that didn't mean someone who didn't have that kind of wand couldn't reach that same potential with the proper practice.

He noticed as she brushed her hair out of her eyes that she seemed to be wary. He could partially make out the 'dark circles' under her eyes, but he chose to ignore it for now. He did find it somewhat concerning though, or maybe it just meant she was tired at that moment. He had no idea, but he figured he wouldn't ask.

As the conversation progressed, nothing really happened. He actually expected some kind of reaction out of her when he said the eyes, but there wasn't much. He didn't know why that bothered him so much, but it did a little bit. Did he just want her to notice what he said a little more? Probably, but why? That was the question swirling in his head as he sat there, pretty much staring at her. And when she answered, he gave her a smile, her answer strikingly similar to his, but also she added to it, which he instantly examined to himself. He knew what she meant, but the word body language sometimes confused him. He never was good at reading body language. "Who would be scared of you though," he said jokingly. "You might be the nicest person I know. Oh wait...no...Alice. She's too nice sometimes though," he said to her jokingly, smiling at the thought of it.

He heard her question and instantly thought to himself. He believed he actually answered this before. "If I can go anywhere in the world, it would definitely be the Canary Islands," he said to her. "And I want to go there because of all the pictures that I have seen from family members who said that it was just beautiful. I just want to spend awhile there," he admitted to her, feeling like he had told her this before. He didn't remember if he did or not, but it didn't matter. He was okay with answering any question she gave him. But now, it was his turn again.

"Okay, if you could have any job in the world right now...muggle or wizard job: what would it be?" he asked her, a smile on his face, showing how much he was enjoying the conversation they were having at the moment.

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:57 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine was glad to hear that Iñigo took good care of his wand, after all wandmakers everywhere would be destroyed if Iñigo treated his wand poorly. Tilting her head slightly she nodded. "Yep, it's true. I actually went through a bit of information myself to figure out if it was. Not that I thought a text book would get something like that wrong, I was just rather surprised... I mean, they're extremely rare and very difficult for even the best of wizards and witches to kill." She said just showing a bit more of what a history nerd she turned out to be. Rubbing the back of her head, she laughed slightly. She then dropped her hand and nodded slightly at Iñigo's comment. "I know, I know...it's all about hard work... It would just be really cool to have a core that had some amazing history, ya'know?" Lexine smiled, her eyes glowing with excitement while talking about it. Quickly the sparkle dulled, though. "However I have the luck to not have an amazing core...it would be wonderful if that were to ever happen, though..." She then cried out "Don't think I don't love my wand, because I truly do!" defensively.

She shrugged at Iñigo's comment.
                                                "I'm not exactly the warmest person when you first meet me, Iñigo...I hope you realise that." She chuckled slightly. However she couldn't help but giggle at his comment about Alice. "She is indeed the nicest person I've ever met. That's why sometimes I worry about her -- much too kind for her own good." She began twiddling her fingers again, hair falling into her face. She shook her head a bit at the thought of Alice, a dear friend of hers. The girl truly was too nice for her own good, and Lexine didn't doubt that it'd get her in trouble one of these days. Someone was bound to take advantage of her because this world was that cruel.

She nodded slightly. Then she furrowed her brow.
                                                "I've asked that before, haven't I?" She asked, a bit of sadness dipping into her voice. "Sorry, I don't have the best memory ever." She blushed slightly again, biting her lip this time. Iñigo then asked her his question; what was the job she wanted. Lexine blushed fiercely at that, after all her dream was rather childish, or at least she thought it was. "I...um..." She stammered quietly before spitting out her answer "I...I wanna be a potioneer. Maybe even be part of the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers...it's stupid, sorry..." She twiddled her fingers and looked down at her lap, biting her cheek again.

Her blush didn't settle when Lexine decided on her next question.
                                                "What...what's the craziest/weirdest thing you've ever done?" She asked, still stammering slightly.

uniform x ooc :: Ugh, sorry for this being so late.

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:55 am
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

Iñigo was glad to hear what she had said about his core, but he didn't want to keep talking about it anymore. Quite frankly, he just wanted to make sure he wasn't bragging or anything. He really hoped he wasn't by saying that he prized it either. It was by far the most important single thing he owned. He didn't care about anything at his home or what has been bought for him. He just liked the wand to be honest...okay...and maybe the grand piano at their house...but that's about it...and maybe the high definition television...but only sometimes. "I could only imagine what it would take to defeat a Chimera. Do you know when the last Chimera killing even was?" he asked her, shrugging his shoulders, not really knowing. It was interesting and he could only imagine the skill and finesse it would take to even be in contention of winning a fight with the beast...let alone find one.

"It is cool, but you aren't limited because you don't have some sort of rare core. You will be a great wizard, just like I hope to be," he said to her, smiling, hoping to be some kind of reassurance to her, but he didn't expect her to really react to it at all. She never really reacted to his compliments. Actually, she just never accepted them, which yes, annoyed him, but he got over it quickly. He couldn't stay mad at her ever anyway.

"Yes, Lexine I do realize you aren't the warmest person, but you seemed pretty nice when I first met you. I mean, you seemed to warm up to me alright. Not at all quickly, but enough," he said to her, a small smile on his face. He knew that she wasn't the warmest person, but she was still nice when he met her. He was glad that he met her too, but that was a story for another day. And that's when she mentioned Alice, and unfortunately, everything Lexine said was correct. Iñigo himself hoped that no one would take advantage of the poor girl because of how nice she was. Time would only tell, but if that were to happen, he actually believed that he would intervene. He just can't stand those who take advantage of people in general, let alone one of his friends. "Well, let's hope it doesn't happen honestly. We'll see though," he said to her, watching her hair fall into her face, a small smile on his face still.

"Yeah, you have asked, but I mean, it is a question. I'll answer it either way," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders, then listening to her answer about what she wanted to do when she was older. "The one thing I truly am terrible at is the thing you excel at," he said, laughing a bit. He was never good at potions and he knew that Lexine had probably picked up on that by now. "It isn't stupid Lexine. It's your dream, like how my dream is to be an Auror, yours is to be that," he said to her, shaking his head as she tried to play off her dream as stupid. She could be so negative at times, but it was just nature...a nature that he himself had; so it would be kind of hypocritical to tell her to stop.

"And the craziest thing I've ever done...uhm...oh yeah, I was at one of those wealthy party things...and me and my old Charm's school buddy...keep in mind, I was like eight, but we were able to sneak underneath the tables and we tied people's shoes to the other so when they got up they'd trip. I swear, there were at least five people who just fell out of nowhere. Of course, my father scolded once he found out, but no one else seemed to find out," he said to her, a smile on his face as he recalled the memory in his head. It was like a month before his mother died actually, but he wouldn't let that sour memory go to his head, but rather, he had to think of another question.

"Okay, If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?" he asked, kind of relating his question to his power of foresight. But when he said future, he meant something that hadn't happened yet but was scheduled to happen.

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:16 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine shrugged slightly, not really knowing. "There are more supposed killings than actual ones. There's only really one recorded killing of a Chimera..." She said thoughtfully, staring off into the distance. She was trying her best to recall any more information, however her memory was failing her. "I can't think of when it was, though... A long while ago, though..." She said, putting emphasis on 'long' before looking back over at Iñigo.

Lexine's eyes furrowed a bit at Iñigo's comment -- did he not hear her? She didn't say a thing about being 'limited', but she decided to leave it be. She wasn't going to continue to touch on a subject that was just going to make her angry. Quickly she took a deep breath and nodded slightly, hoping that Iñigo would drop it. She'd rather they not fight over something so stupid and trivial.

She looked down at her hands when he commented that she'd warmed up to him quickly.
                                                "I...I know... I don't usually do that with people, though..." Lexine murmured as she looked over at the fire watching as the flames licked the stone fireplace. "I'm not usually one to get so used to someone in a short span of time... I suppose it was a little different with you..." Her voice carefully grew quieter, sounding very reflective as she thought back to the day they'd met sitting in the same area they were now. Who would've known they would've become best friends in just a few years? She quickly snapped out of her trance and looked back over at Iñigo -- her eyes still a bit bleary with thought -- as he noted her comment on Alice. She nodded. "Time will tell... Honestly, though, with Jasper by her side, I'm sure she'll be fine... I just fear when no one's around..." She sighed slighly, shrugging. It couldn't really be helped if something like that were to happen, but people in this world were cruel to some of the kindest...

Lexine couldn't help but laugh when Iñigo claimed he was awful at potions -- Lexine couldn't say she disagreed. It seemed like every time Iñigo made a potion there would be some kind of mishap; she'd always wanted to go over and show him how to do something, but then realised that it probably would've been weird. She shrugged a bit, biting her lip.
                                                "I suppose we all have what we consider a 'childish' dream, don't we?" She smiled slightly, shaking her head. "And hey, if you wanna be an Auror, you better start getting better grades in Potions or you'll never become one." She said, poking Iñigo's arm gently, smiling. "I could help with Potions if you'd like me to..." She mumbled, looking over at the fire again. She'd always done very well with Potions, however wandwork wasn't her best. Her best wandwork class was Transfiguration, which wasn't a big surprise to her. Of course, she could barely do anything her first year with a wand...but still, she was getting better.

She shifted herself a bit so she was just a bit closer to Iñigo as he started his story about the craziest thing he'd done. She moved so her legs were dangling off the couch -- how a normal person would sit -- but her feet barely touched the ground, her only standing a little over five foot. She frowned a bit at the fact as she sat herself back up, then looked back to Iñigo. She noticed her eyes beginning to get a bit droopy as he told her, but she made sure not to fall asleep -- it wasn't that she was bored whatsoever, she didn't know exactly what was causing it, either way she wasn't letting it happen. Shaking her head slightly, she laughed.
                                                "You were one strange child. I never did anything like that. Of course, I didn't have any friends to really play games with and whatnot...just football, really... Even though I was good, I don't think anyone really liked me much, I know that none of the girls did, but I was never sure about the guys... I never had opportunities like that..." She shrugged, honestly she could've cared less if anyone on that team had really liked her or not, as she barely liked any of them. "It's like the could just smell the wizardry," she joked, smiling. "I do miss it though... While I absolutely love Quidditch, I'd love to play a good football game again. Ever since I started going to Hogwarts I had to stop; games were only ever during the spring and autumn months, and I'm never home for them..." She sighed slightly, chewing on the inside of her cheek. She began to think back to the old days, back when she thought she was just like everyone else. She had always been very good, always getting the ball into the goal at least once during each game. Sure, there were games when she didn't, however she was known for getting the ball in even on her bad days.

She slipped out of her reflective mood once again when Iñigo asked her what event in the past, present, or future she would've liked to witness if she could. Looking over to Iñigo, her eyebrows furrowed. She had absolutely no clue.
                                                "I... I don't know..." As usual Lexine was probably looking into it way too much, but if she could really do that, she had absolutely no idea what she'd want to experience. "Maybe..." She started, deciding that maybe 'I don't know' wasn't a real answer. "Maybe...the Second Wizarding War?" She said, more a question than anything. "I mean...I don't know..." She said, shrugging and frowning. She really had absolutely no clue.

Lexine thought a bit about what she was going to ask Iñigo. They were only about four or five questions in, but Lexine had ran out.
                                                "Um..." She started, drawing in a deep breath. "What...are...three words that you'd use to describe yourself?" She asked, tilting her head. Suddenly she already knew her next question after he'd answered this one.

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"That's crazy," he said to her, a small smile on his face as she recalled the facts in her head and told him them. He was glad she was really good with the history and what not, because he sure wasn't at times. Wizarding History he was fine, but history of beasts and what not, he truly knew nothing. He really liked that about Lexine actually. He loved the fact that he could learn more just by having a conversation like this with her. It truly made being around her even more special than it already was.

When he had made the last comment, he noticed her seem to get quieter, thinking he probably said the wrong thing, which by now, he knew when talking to her, he had to drop the subject. The last thing he wanted was an argument, which they truly haven't gotten into yet, which was probably because they knew a lot of the things that made each other tick. Well...he certainly hoped they both did since they've known each other for a good part of three years.

He listened to her talk about her warming up to him...and for whatever reason, his face became a tinge of red, which truly...was a rarity for him. He never got like that before and he wondered why. It seemed to be at its highest point when she had told him that it was different with him. He did shrug it off quickly, returning to his normal self quickly. "And yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen," he said, leaving that subject at that. He didn't really like talking about someone seriously taking advantage of one of the nicest girls hes met. It would truly p*ss him off.

"Yeah right, I don't need to be good in Potions to be an Auror. Just average," he said, laughing a bit. "And I'm not even that so that is definitely a yes on helping me." He left that subject with a laugh and a small smile as he watched her stare at the fire. She still never made eye contact with him, which confused him at times. Was she scared too or something? He continually asked himself this question, but he never could find an answer for it. The one time they did make that contact though, in the Defense Against the Dark Arts class however, was probably one of the nicest feelings hes ever had. But of course, the one thing that truly made him lose himself, she had to hide...all the time.

He watched as she seated herself closer, which made him smile a bit as she moved closer. And as he told her, her reaction to it seemed to be pretty funny. "How am I strange for that?! C'mon, you mean you wouldn't do something like that? It was a great time! Someone even fell down in the middle of the room! Everyone started laughing...that is, until they realized it was my father, who was looking at me with the most evil grin I've ever seen," he said to her, a sly smile on his face. "I on the other hand, knew exactly who it was. He actually laughs about it nowadays. Good times."

"And you played football? I love to watch football. Couldn't play organized football because the whole...wizards can't participate thing, but I love to watch it and kick a ball around. Seriously...if you ever want to kick a ball around, I'd be completely fine with that," he said to her, smiling. "I've been to so many Barcelona games. You really should have said something," he said to her, his accent becoming noticeably thick when he started talking about football. He didn't mean for this to happen, but it did; so he just rolled with it.

He waited until she had told him what event before he would say anything, but she didn't seem too confident in the answer. She had no idea, but then again, it was a hard question to answer. He didn't know what he would say either, but he figured he would ask. "It's fine...honestly...I don't think I could have answered that myself," he said, laughing at himself. He really couldn't.

"And in three words? Uhm...I feel like I should say two positives and a negative. I'm not going to talk myself up like I'm perfect. So, I would say 'Resourceful...diligent...and I guess...at times...pessimistic?" he said to her...but he wasn't too sure about the last one. He could be pessimistic at times, which he was sure she picked up on...but then other times he could be the complete opposite.

"Okay, what is the best present you have ever received?" he asked her, smiling at her and waiting for her to answer.

Arkendrai

Ravenclaw Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas