Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Mini RP - Kanto Badge Run (Reno) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:54 pm
Reno Vantas
As the Blastoise began to draw closer, the ground in front of it would begin to shift slightly before the Blastoise passed over. In an instant, a flurry of vines would spring from the ground and attempt to bind the Blastoise by grabbing onto its shell and reaching inside. All of this would be aimed to stop its motion and tie up the Blastoise in a Wrap attack.

"You really never learn that spinning like that just makes this stuff easier to do." Reno told Blue, doing his best to make sure not to give away his bemusement. Oh this was going to get fun.

"And you never really learned that make an evolving plan." He grinned as his Blastoise was wrapped up, the chunks of ice falling to the ground. "Secret Power!" The gym leader cried out.

The ice chunks would not remain on the ground for much long as the Mega Blastoise gave off a cool white glow, the ice chunks floating up off the ground before surging towards the Serperior in a chilling flurry, cutting up the vines along their way towards the originator of said tendrils.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:13 pm
Reno would simply smile at the mention of evolving plan, watching with a smile as the Secret Power came streaking forward through most of the vines. One vine, somehow only emerging just as the wave of chunks came streaking forward, would spit at the Blastoise before it sank back into the ground. With its job done, Serperior would be blown back by the Secret Power before it gave a chuckle.

The spit would erupt into a flurry of vines and leaves as it grew, the Leech Seed rooting itself deep onto and into the stationary Blastoise's shell. And that was a good start to his next few steps.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:51 pm
Reno Vantas
Reno would simply smile at the mention of evolving plan, watching with a smile as the Secret Power came streaking forward through most of the vines. One vine, somehow only emerging just as the wave of chunks came streaking forward, would spit at the Blastoise before it sank back into the ground. With its job done, Serperior would be blown back by the Secret Power before it gave a chuckle.

The spit would erupt into a flurry of vines and leaves as it grew, the Leech Seed rooting itself deep onto and into the stationary Blastoise's shell. And that was a good start to his next few steps.

"Ha! Leech Seed? I mean, I humored you with the Wrap but come on, have you never faced a Blastoise before? Man, while I thought you were bigger jerk than me I was starting to develop a tiny bit of respect for you but all that's gone now. Oh well, show him how futile all this was, Blastoise. Use Rapid Spin." Blue said, tauntingly.

With a laugh of his own from inside its shell the Mega Blastoise would suddenly begin to spin in its shell extremely violent, ripping up the vines that bound him and sending the Leech Seed flying off of him. Thanks to its Mega power the Rapid Spin had became something more akin to a Twister as it glided across the field with extreme velocity and rammed into the Serperior.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:51 pm
Snips wouldn't bother evading this attack either, taking the rotating blow and sending itself flying around behind the Mega Blastoise towards the damaged walls where Blue's Pidgeot had been felled. While it was certainly looking worse for wear, the Serperior kept a satisfied grin on its face.

"Well, you caught me. I made a lot of stupid, weak moves. To stall! Either for you to try a Water move or this! Grass Pledge!" Reno elaborated, making sure to be as loud and boisterous as possible while Snips prepared the Grass Pledge and began to work with the massive amount of water that had poured from the wall to unleash the move's true power.

Without warning, the ground would surge as a massive wave of Grass energy overran the water and surrounding area before it devastated the landscape into a boggy swamp. The Blastoise wouldn't be spared any damage as the supercharged move and Snips' upgrade from the Leaf Storm fuelled it.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:56 pm
Reno Vantas
Snips wouldn't bother evading this attack either, taking the rotating blow and sending itself flying around behind the Mega Blastoise towards the damaged walls where Blue's Pidgeot had been felled. While it was certainly looking worse for wear, the Serperior kept a satisfied grin on its face.

"Well, you caught me. I made a lot of stupid, weak moves. To stall! Either for you to try a Water move or this! Grass Pledge!" Reno elaborated, making sure to be as loud and boisterous as possible while Snips prepared the Grass Pledge and began to work with the massive amount of water that had poured from the wall to unleash the move's true power.

Without warning, the ground would surge as a massive wave of Grass energy overran the water and surrounding area before it devastated the landscape into a boggy swamp. The Blastoise wouldn't be spared any damage as the supercharged move and Snips' upgrade from the Leaf Storm fueled it.

As the surge of grass exploded up from the gym floor the building's current owner couldn't help but be impressed with Reno's ingenuity. He didn't for a second believe that his opponent had planned this all along, despite what he might try and make it appear, but it didn't matter because he could respect the trainer's ability to adapt. Is that not the entire theme of Blue's gym? A test of a trainer's ability to adapt to different types and scenarios? The final test before the Pokemon league.

While the Mega Blastoise was less amused as the surge of Grass energy that came along with the crash coursed through its body and sapped away its strength its trainer stood in his trainer box, arms folded and smiling. "Huh, that's pretty good. You're annoying self-righteous and pretentious jerk to rival myself but you aren't too bad of a trainer. Looks like I'm all out of tricks at this point, there is only one thing left to do. Here is your final test. No more tricks, mud slinging, mind games. Survive this last attack and you're on your way...maybe! Blastoise, Hyper Beam!" He said with sudden glee.

With an angry roar the Mega Blastoise, in one last ditch effort to clinch victory from the jaws of defeat, would point all three cannons at the Serperior, changing up massive amounts of energy in them in what was probably record time, and soon fire three massive streams of off white energy at the snake, the three streams joining together to form one massive beam. To anyone of lesser fortitude such a massive blast would paralyze them with fear and awe, but it was doubtful that Reno would allow it to end here after all the crap he had to put up with to get to this point. His next move would decide it all.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:18 pm
It was very unfortunate for Reno then that he had an excessively weak fortitude and was mystified by the apocalyptic laser blast that was streaking across the battlefield. Even with the severe power reduction courtesy of his Gastro Acid, there was no way that Snips was going to survive this. It would be impossible, even if there had been time to attempt a dodge. The Grass type would simply be vaporized by the Hyper Beam, leaving no trace behind that the Pokemon had existed. Reno would only stare at the spot where Snips had previously been, shocked and amazed at the destruction of his own Pokemon.

So it was surprising when a Leaf Storm erupted from behind Reno, tearing through the landscape to overtake the Blastoise and cover it in a mass of swirling and biting leaves. Reno would drop the facade as he turned to look at Blue. "Substitute. Cause there had to be some upside to be quicker on the draw after that swamp appeared." Reno taunted the Gym Leader, motioning to Snips for a finisher.

And a finisher he would give, hands gesturing towards the earth in front of him as a small sapling began to grow before him. Within seconds, the sapling would explode from beneath the ground as it grew in size to become massive, full size sequoia tree. And with a wave of his hand and a slash of a Leaf Blade, the incredibly wide and tall tree would tip over and crash down onto the Mega Blastoise. Falling over onto his back after the effort of the Frenzy Plant, Reno and Snips desperately hoped that this would end the fight.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:29 pm
Reno Vantas

And a finisher he would give, hands gesturing towards the earth in front of him as a small sapling began to grow before him. Within seconds, the sapling would explode from beneath the ground as it grew in size to become massive, full size sequoia tree. And with a wave of his hand and a slash of a Leaf Blade, the incredibly wide and tall tree would tip over and crash down onto the Mega Blastoise. Falling over onto his back after the effort of the Frenzy Plant, Reno and Snips desperately hoped that this would end the fight.

Both Blue and Blastoise were taken back by the revelation that the 'Serperior' was a fake. The moment the fake snake disappeared they knew it was over, they had both lost. With nothing else to do but resign to its fate the Mega Blastoise would dispel its Mega form, far too drained anyways to retain it for much longer. The leaves would consume it, Blue no longer able to see him. All the gym leader could was watch as the enormous tree that was Frenzy Plant came down upon his tortoise Pokemon, crushing it under its immense weight.

Once everything settled down both trainers would see the Blastoise trapped under the tree, alive (thankfully) but knocked out. With a sigh Blue would return his Pokemon and approach Reno, kicking the tree just once along the way. "You going to help me get this thing out of here?" He asked his fellow trainer as he gestured at the tree. "Whatever. That was pretty good...I have to admit." He said as he fished through his left pocket. "Here. I guess you earned this. Just don't expect a big party." Blue said as he held out the Earth Badge for Reno to take. "Just don't go losing to any of the Elite Four, you hear me? It'll make me look bad. You're now in it for both of our reputations so go stomp them all and make me look good."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:03 pm
Reno would snatch the Earth Badge before giving it a cursory once over to make sure that he wasn't being swindled by a bitter Gym Leader. Content that the badge was in fact the real thing and not some complex plan by Blue to screw him over when he reached the Elite Four, he would pin it beside the other seven badges that sat on the outside of his bag. "I'm going to schedule a ticker tape parade through the center of town now. Just to rub it in your face." Reno said, sticking his tongue out childishly before he felt himself slip back into a smirk. "But sure, I can make sure to leave a lasting mark on the Elite Four." He added, clapping the gym leader on the shoulder.

Turning towards the fallen tree, Reno would look into his bag and pop out a Pokeball before looking towards Blue. "This would go a lot faster if i could go and grab my Houndoom. Then we just have a weenie roast right here and take a few swings at it with Hook to break it up."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:00 pm
Reno Vantas

Turning towards the fallen tree, Reno would look into his bag and pop out a Pokeball before looking towards Blue. "This would go a lot faster if i could go and grab my Houndoom. Then we just have a weenie roast right here and take a few swings at it with Hook to break it up."

"...the roof does open up, and I suppose a trainer collecting their final badge is as good as an excuse as any to celebrate. Screw it, let's have ourselves an old fashioned bonfire. I'll supply the girls you supply the fire." Blue said with his signature cocky grin.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:55 pm
Reno would nod before a wicked grin crossed his face as he dashed out of the gym to gather supplies and fire starters. If they were going to start this thing, he was going to make sure that everything was awesome as hell.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:06 pm
Blue just stood there watching Reno run off, finding the trainer's enthusiasm to burn something to be almost unsettling. With a shake of his head he walked over to a nearby wall panel and pressed a few buttons on a keypad causing the roof to slide open, disappearing into its self. As he looked up at the starry night sky as he appeared he had a thought. "Why didn't I open this up for Pidgeot earlier?" That was a good question, one which a certain writer did not think of.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:49 pm
Reno would soon arrive back with a few different Pokeballs in his possession than he had left with, which he quickly cracked a few open to reveal Ezekiel and Nova before the massive tree that he had generated. "Well Blue, time to see my fun trick. Mega Evolve, Ezekiel!" Reno shouted, his hand beginning to glow from the stone embedded in it that matched the glow from the Houndoom's neck. A moment later, the Houndoom would be twice its original size, with a massive bone crest on its chest and large horns that jutted out of its head. "Ezekiel, Overheat. Nova, Fiery Dance." Reno told the pair, a small grin crossing his face as he watched the two Pokemon begin to cook up the tree and start the bonfire as had been requested.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:08 pm
Reno Vantas
Reno would soon arrive back with a few different Pokeballs in his possession than he had left with, which he quickly cracked a few open to reveal Ezekiel and Nova before the massive tree that he had generated. "Well Blue, time to see my fun trick. Mega Evolve, Ezekiel!" Reno shouted, his hand beginning to glow from the stone embedded in it that matched the glow from the Houndoom's neck. A moment later, the Houndoom would be twice its original size, with a massive bone crest on its chest and large horns that jutted out of its head. "Ezekiel, Overheat. Nova, Fiery Dance." Reno told the pair, a small grin crossing his face as he watched the two Pokemon begin to cook up the tree and start the bonfire as had been requested.

Blue would watch the display Reno put on wit ha look of intrigue. While nothing really surprised him he did appreciate the talent Reno and his Pokemon showed. While he might have plenty of reasons to dislike the trainer he did have a good few to respect and tolerate him.

"Funny, seeing these two just solidifies my choice of starter Pokemon twenty years ago. Seems like I'm always running into pyros." He said with a chuckle. "So, how does it feel? Having all eight badges? To finally complete the set. Been a long time since I earned my eighth but I can still remember it." He asked Reno as he stared at the fire.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:26 pm
"Yeah yeah. I've heard the pyro jabs enough from my friends. Nova there would do this on her own anyways, I just direct it." Reno protested, giving a chuckle to the gym leader before continuing. "It feels strangely satisfying. Like, I've fought giant sharks and conducted government coups but this is certainly one of my highlight accomplishments. So I hope that the Elite Four ends up being satisfying. And if in doubt, I'm stealing Lance's cape and getting out."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash