Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:06 pm

You are right, but this base only has one real direction without godmodding...you could try an Aerial insertion, but it would incur massive losses
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:08 pm

The Imps could probably finish you all off with a Neutron bomb then sweep up the pieces with Radtroopers.

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:09 pm

Providing they could insert it...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:14 pm

Paul? What's with this trash talk?

You make it seem like you designed this impenatrable base. If your design was so great, then explain how do the sith win?

Guess what? You're going to lose. Quit trying to change the script and get over it. Its already been agreed. All this badass talk about how "if they can do it" and this poor attitude is unbecoming.

Seriously, you sound like Wilhuf. And we know what happened to him.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:19 pm

What trash talking?

I know I'm going to lose, but victory for my side is delaying the Imps long enough to withdraw the majority of our forces...The Base can't stand to the combined might of the Imperial Army...

I meant providing they could insert a Neutron Bomb, not their attack force...we have no hope of stopping that...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:27 pm

Well, any time someone suggests a strategy that you didn't account for (I.E. attack from a different direction, utilizing different troops), you always have some comment about "If they can pull it off".

You seem to expect that this fortress will defend itself perfectly, without even working for it.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:32 pm

Well I designed the base so that without Godmodding, the attack could only come from one direction, two if you count an aerial insertion.

You can use Jet Pack Troops, but they'd have to fight through hell to take any of the trenches, and then they'd just detonate... The angle is too high for anyone too climb effectively, with the exception of maybe your plaguetroopers Nelo, but they'd just get cut down on their way up...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:34 pm

I'd like to know how. If its too steep to climb up, its too steep to aim down. Short of a vertical wall, I'm not seeing the obstacles.

Don't worry. when you find the assault from multiple directions coming, you'll see what I mean.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:35 pm

It basically is a Vertical Wall...

And I'm sure I'll adapt accordingly to your strategy...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:37 pm

That makes my life easier.

I don't have to worry about fire coming from the trenches then.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:39 pm

Those in the Valley do...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:47 pm

Not really. they just have to worry about artillery. Your trenches are too high up to have any effective strength.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:51 pm

'Cept for Missiles and Snipers, yes...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:54 pm

Well, when your sniper fire proves ineffective against the plaguetroopers, you'll realize what I mean. Missles are easy to take down as well.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Snipers?! Missle launchers?!
This isnt a battle, its a strategic withdrawl! Who the hell's going to evac those snipers, spotters, missle crews, and artillery crews?! Not to mention the front line troopers!
You going to leave them all to die?! Sentinents aren't that loyal when facing overwhelming odds.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games